• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the most complaining I can ever recall about player awards.

Like I said before when the Pistons were good I just wanted to see wins when it mattered.

Isiah getting the Olympics snub is the only time I can recall caring.
No way can you watch basketball and tell me Bam Adebayo is not a top 3 defender. This is the most disgusted i been with the media in my life. Their agenda is clear and these awards are politics more than anything else. These ppl voting don't even watch games that aren't on national tv

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way can you watch basketball and tell me Bam Adebayo is not a top 3 defender. This is the most disgusted i been with the media in my life. Their agenda is clear and these awards are politics more than anything else. These ppl voting don't even watch games that aren't on national tv

Why do people care more about Marcus Smart or Mikal Bridges?

Again I think Bam's issue was missing 26 games. The fact Gobert won with 56 isn't right. But yes I'd have preferred Bam over Gobert this year.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers job right now reminds me of the Nebraska job in college football. It’s a train wreck. The roster is just a mess. And yet the fanbase is programmed with expectation to compete and win titles. They aren’t doing that anymore. They got that ring on the LeBron acquisition but it’s over now. Whoever takes that job is in a no win situation.

Yep, everyone said the same thing post-Kobe. Lakers won't rebound, they can't win with their young pieces, nobody will come to that franchise.....enter Lebron, enter AD.....championship.

I get it, most of your other franchises don't have this level of success. It's fun to hate the Lakers and poke them when they're down. Underestimating them is the folly of the league.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s because of three functions.
1) This shit is 24/7 now so the talk doesn’t stop
2) They’ve made a mockery of the process
3) There is no Jordan in the league (one guy light years above the rest) and there are tons of great players doing great things.

What about the process is broken versus years before

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it really killed Lue's career. Lebron gets coaches to the finals. Lue got a job post-Lebron. Mike Brown got a job post-Lebron (and may be in the mix again for the Lakers). Walton was crap and still got immediately signed by the Kings after being fired by the Lakers.

There is hardly a roster currently to be a mess. You have Lebron, AD, and a soon to be traded Westbrook. If that becomes Lebron, AD, Hield, Brogdon and a new assortment of vet min deals (and THT, Reaves, etc) that you can help to choose and assemble, is that a mess? Hardly.
That’s a pipe dream. I get it. You dont want to grant that it’s over before it starts but it doesn’t change anything. You Lakers fans are nuts. You think the basketball fairy is gonna swoop down and wave the wand and someone will take the bad Westbrook contract off your hands and grant you 45 million dollars of role players that fit. It’s not happening. You’ll have to package shit to someone to get him off the payroll. It’s not bringing anything back except whatever the other team deems to be their mess.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So being 3rd is that important over being 4th? It's such a nothing award in the end; the players and coaches know who the best defenders are.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do people care more about Marcus Smart or Mikal Bridges?

Again I think Bam's issue was missing 26 games. The fact Gobert won with 56 isn't right. But yes I'd have preferred Bam over Gobert this year.

People dont care about heat. People care about the celts and suns. People see them more. Heat had 10 national tv games, suns had 22, and i believe boston had 24. Heat been a top 4 team basically all year and the national media completely ignored them the entire season. This plays a huge factor. Lame ass media dont even have league pass

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another great point. They play favorites with who gets exposure and that influences these lazy fucks and these awards.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People dont care about heat. People care about the celts and suns. People see them more. Heat had 10 national tv games, suns had 22, and i believe boston had 24. Heat been a top 4 team basically all year and the national media completely ignored them the entire season. This plays a huge factor. Lame ass media dont even have league pass

I do think the Lakers/Knicks being bad was problematic and they didn't make good decisions end of year regarding teams such as the Heat.

I don't know that exposure as to Bridges specifically to Bam is a factor. I'd be willing to bet Bam is a much more household name.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s a pipe dream. I get it. You dont want to grant that it’s over before it starts but it doesn’t change anything. You Lakers fans are nuts. You think the basketball fairy is gonna swoop down and wave the wand and someone will take the bad Westbrook contract off your hands and grant you 45 million dollars of role players that fit. It’s not happening. You’ll have to package shit to someone to get him off the payroll. It’s not bringing anything back except whatever the other team deems to be their mess.

Continue to doubt; it's not Lakers fans leaking the Pacers rumored deal. The power to wipe away contracts that don't fit your team's timeline is a desirable thing, and nearly $50M worth of contract eraser will be enticing. If not the Pacers deal, others will come to fruition. Just because someone is a bad fit and a problem contract elsewhere does not mean that player won't help the Lakers when paired with Lebron and AD.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Most media is covering their home teams, not the entire league. League pass is a luxury for fans to watch their favorite teams; it doesn't allow anyone to watch every game unless they want to record multiple games and watch playback 24/7.

National TV games are based on fanbase and historical TV ratings as much as or more than W/L records (as we've seen with Knicks and Lakers games televised late this season). Networks are (shockingly) out to make money.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think the Lakers/Knicks being bad was problematic and they didn't make good decisions end of year regarding teams such as the Heat.

I don't know that exposure as to Bridges specifically to Bam is a factor. I'd be willing to bet Bam is a much more household name.
Household name yes but in terms of exposure? Nah Bridges get that because the Suns (rightfully so) had their share of national tv games

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about the process is broken versus years before

Looking back at it now, embiid should have won MVP last year. Can't pick and choose when missed games matter. Rudy won DPOY while missing 26 or so games once but embiid missed 21 games last year and he win MVP? His team finished 1st

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny to see how intimidated some people are by simple mathematics.