• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All other trade scenarios save one (that would be RW and a one for Jerami Grant in Detroit) are disintegrating rapidly mainly due to Team Rambi's decision and probably Pelinka's two cents that the Lakers are not interested in trading for players with injury histories when it comes to moving Westbrook. So that leaves the Indiana trade of Hield and Brogden and probably a first for RW or the Detroit trade.

You may finally get your wish DJ here in the near future.

What are you guys giving detroit that they need? Your first round pick doesn't line up at all with their timeliness. Please don't tell me THT

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot of great defenders.

Bam and JA both missed a bunch of games. Probably why they didn’t make the finalists.

Both worthy, but so are the other 3.
Rudy won it before playing the same amount of games as Bam did this year. Smart was an afterthought for this award until Williams got hurt . You would think the celtics defense after Williams went down got better with how he came out of nowhere to win this award.

Like Bam said, if he isn't first team all defense then it is politics at this point.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair best defender is a very subjective discussion
Who is weird play by play tits with the glasses? ESPN I think. She was talking about having a concerted goal of picking someone who isn’t a Big. Says the game has changed and it’s time for perimeter defenders to get their due. So she picked Smart because he’s the best perimeter defender on the team with the statistically best defense. Bam not getting nominated for top 3 is just larceny though.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is weird play by play tits with the glasses? ESPN I think. She was talking about having a concerted goal of picking someone who isn’t a Big. Says the game has changed and it’s time for perimeter defenders to get their due. So she picked Smart because he’s the best perimeter defender on the team with the statistically best defense. Bam not getting nominated for top 3 is just larceny though.

I get tired of Rudy being there every year honestly.

What's it all done for the Jazz really? Bam should've been in for him and I'm fine with Bridges or Marcus winning. 15 and 26 more games played than Bam respectively

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if they don't trade Westbrook, I think Lebron comes back because Westbrook will be gone after next season.

Bill Simmons had an interesting take. He said something along the lines of, the Lakers will "John Wall" Westbrook until close to the trade deadline when they will be able to find a team looking to blow it up and be willing to take on Westbrooks salary for half a season.

Anything Bill Simmons says about the Lakers has a negative slant to it, take it with a grain of salt. We've already heard potential trade offer rumors, it won't come to that. Lakers aren't going to sacrifice another half season of Lebron's career sitting $45M of salary cap.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....he said as much.

Just saying that should cost the team draft picks. It makes a mockery of the league, intentionally putting inferior talent on the court with the intent to lose. The OKC franchise should be renamed the Generals.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,016.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doris Burke I think.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 27,016.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything Bill Simmons says about the Lakers has a negative slant to it, take it with a grain of salt. We've already heard potential trade offer rumors, it won't come to that. Lakers aren't going to sacrifice another half season of Lebron's career sitting $45M of salary cap.
I agree.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 27,016.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for Marcus Smart.

I think it's, in part, a life-time achievement award... and the C's do have the best team defense in basketball.

Smart is actually at his best guarding guys that are bigger than him. How many PG's can credibly guard Giannis, for instance?

In a switchable NBA... Smart is invaluable.
He's a really good defender. Nobody should be mad at this, not like he's some undeserving scrub.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a really good defender. Nobody should be mad at this, not like he's some undeserving scrub.
I think any of the finalists could be justified as the winner. None of them really stood out dramatically above the others IMO.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart has probably never been the absolute "best' defensive player any year he has been in the league.

However, he has almost certainly been a top 5 defender most every year he has been in the league.

This year is as good a year as any to give him his lifetime achievement award. Best defender on the league's best defense.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is lazy ass voting if that's why you chose Smart

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That assumes the rumors are true. I'm not convinced they are. Ultimately, they will do what is best for the franchise.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3