• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,016.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if they don't trade Westbrook, I think Lebron comes back because Westbrook will be gone after next season.

Bill Simmons had an interesting take. He said something along the lines of, the Lakers will "John Wall" Westbrook until close to the trade deadline when they will be able to find a team looking to blow it up and be willing to take on Westbrooks salary for half a season.
I think we get Hield and Brogdon for RW and a first or 2.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have to pay Ball soon and they'd be ridding themselves of longer term contracts since RW will be expiring.

Don't hate.
They have Ball's bird rights.

They have Bridges bird rights.

They don't have to move anyone.

That would be a terrific deal for the Lakers.

But, they will get better offers for Rozier.

Plus, he fits with Ball and players aren't clamouring to sign in Charlotte.

Who would they be saving money for?

They don't need a non shooting pg.

They need a legit center.

I could see Rozier to the Knicks for Mitchell Robinson.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan should have to fold the franchise if he does this
Mitch Kupchap can't be onboard with helping the team that fired him either.

I think they'd do it for Hayward and a trash contract.

But, not Rozier.....unless they have a poison pill deal for a guy like Ayton in mind, they don't need to do a salary dump.

People keep repeating this they have to pay Ball nonsense like he's eligible to be extended.

Balls extension won't be on the books for 2 Seasons. He can't even sign it until 2023.

But, why let facts get in the way of a rumor.

The move guarantees Ball’s $8,623,920 salary for ’22-23 and locks in Washington’s $5,808,435 cap hit as well. Washington will now be eligible for a rookie scale extension during the 2022 offseason, while Ball will become extension-eligible in 2023, assuming Charlotte picks up his ’23-24 team option a year from now.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have to pay Ball soon and they'd be ridding themselves of longer term contracts since RW will be expiring.

Don't hate.
All other trade scenarios save one (that would be RW and a one for Jerami Grant in Detroit) are disintegrating rapidly mainly due to Team Rambi's decision and probably Pelinka's two cents that the Lakers are not interested in trading for players with injury histories when it comes to moving Westbrook. So that leaves the Indiana trade of Hield and Brogden and probably a first for RW or the Detroit trade.

You may finally get your wish DJ here in the near future.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for Marcus Smart.

I think it's, in part, a life-time achievement award... and the C's do have the best team defense in basketball.

Smart is actually at his best guarding guys that are bigger than him. How many PG's can credibly guard Giannis, for instance?

In a switchable NBA... Smart is invaluable.