• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Shanemansj13 @dtgold88

do you guys know - if the Cavs lose both their play-in games- are they considered a lotto team? Do they keep their 1st round pick?

not that I want that to happen- but with the injuries, and the young guys kinda running out of gas- at least it would be a silver lining

next year I cant see them keeping it in the slightest.
Guessing you got an answer but if not, yes, if we lose both games we keep the pick.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeVert, Sexton, 1st round pick, for one year of LBJ??? - resign Rubio

PG: Garland,
SG: Okoro,
SF: LeBron,
PF: Mobley,
C: Allen

bench: Markkanen, Love, Rubio, Cedi

yah- prob not. lol.
I'd at least have to consider that one....guessing Lakers might not.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly going to be an exhaustive search. What that means for this crew I have no idea (and am scared to think they don't have one either).
Y'all gonna hire Quagmire.

3-26-2020-3-34-07-PM-6349541.jpg
R (3).jpeg

#Giggity

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you take him on a 1 and 1 after next year?
So torn on this......not that it would happen unless he'd sign for the MLE which I don't see happening.

I guess if we regress or make little progress next year I'm more likely to do it. However, if we run it back with the guys from this season but they stay relatively healthy, win 50+ and are a top 3 seed? I'd like to move forward without him.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that is really the path you want to take?

You keep Russ let his contract expire. Trade the other 2.

I don’t think that is wise for the Lakers unless LeBron and AD both want to be traded, but it could be an option.
It is wise if you have your front office in order, which the Lakers don't, and you begin a rebuild like Phoenix did 5-6 years ago. Championships will be out of the question until the Lakers FO and ownership gets cleaned-up. The Lakers have to stop being the Knicks west and begin running their franchise like a business and not using the family model Jeannie Buss has been using since she took over as the majority owner. Thus you move people like James, AD, and def Westbrook to gain as much talent capital as possible and then you rebuild.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think they could make the salary work unless he took a discount.

Garland is going to get the first time max- which is big but isnt crushing like what a beal max would be.

Allen makes 20. Markkanen is like 15. Love would be off the books. Okoro and Mobley still on rookie deals.

it would be interesting. Not sure if they could make it work- if he wanted 45 a year it wouldnt work. LeBron would have to know they arent trading the kids and he is not the GM obviously.
Guessing we'd also have sexton at $25 mil or so OR the equiv from a sign and trade.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's even funnier is that tyou have become a suchj ashit poster that you now think that anyone who calls you out for or pushed back against some shit that youhave mede up means that you havew upset someone.

All you are doing is embarrassing yourself and trying to start shit with others. It's why you keep finding yourself in stupid arguments over stupid shit.

What exactly have I made up jackass?

And I haven't started shit with anyone.

On a weekly basis you jam your head up your ass and decide you have an issue with something I've said.

Seriously week in and week out you jump on your menstrual cycle and try to run me over. And fail.

So I'll ask you again, what exactly have I made up?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes a discount. He doesn't need the money. If he wanted to it would be to come in and play 25-30 minutes a game and be the old head leader of an up and coming young team, and get his 5th ring back home. If I were a Cavs fan I'd be hoping for it.
IF he could be that type of guy? I guess....but I can live without the drama it would likely bring.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love had 32 points in 15 minutes today.....kinda crazy.

guy can still shoot, rebound and pass. Defense isnt good- but a big that can shoot a 3 still has value.

I wonder what happens when his contract is up after next season. If he will want to go home to the west coast- like he has wanted for a while- or if he and the Cavs want him back at a lesser deal. I kinda think Markkanen was brought in to replace his shooting down the line- but ya never know.

Not that he had much choice- but as the guy that stayed - and the guy that never had a big mouth- fans have grown attached to Love- in what has always been a love/hate relationship.
If we continue moving upward he genuinely seems to like his role and his teammates (as well as JB). I could see him staying for sure.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i say this honestly- im torn.

Garland and the guys have said on multiple occasions they are trying to bring their own identity. Obviously LeBron would be a big help to them even after next year.

I have to think if he is willing to take 20-25 million a year you have to find a way to do it- while letting him know in no uncertain terms he is not the GM.

I just dont think LeBron will be able to swallow his ego and go that route. I think - for better or worse- he is in LA for the rest of his career making max money and having a say in the organization. Those things seem very important to him.
I also think Gilbert might have no interest in having him here again.....guessing he'd like to try and prove he can win without him whether that's the right or wrong way to go.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was unprofessional as fuck.

You tell Woj before you tell him?

Yes, everyone knew it was coming.

That was still classless.
Want examples of just how unprofessional the Jeannie Buss Lakers have become? Just look what she did with the icon. Denied his request three times to be her GM guaranteeing a championship within 5 years before he walked across the hall and became the GM for the ClipJoint.

Then extinguished any further benefits for season tickets by Jerry West that he used to receive annually and didn't even call him to tell him that transaction had occurred.

Utter bush-league bullshit from a person I used to think had basketball and business savvy of her father none of which she now is exhibiting because team Rambi, who she has allowed to destroy the franchise, are running the show and effin-up a once sterling organization.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is the state of the Lakers front office these days. More specifically team Rambi who have been given unspecified power to do just about anything they want are completely incompetent. This lies at the feet of Jeannie Buss who is now as bad or worse than her brothers.

She and Linda Rambis are best friends and that has mushroomed into the spot of now both Linda and Kurt are basically running the franchise. They oversee and can change anything Pelinka does or suggests rendering him persona non grata. Basically he is an administrative assistant filling out paperwork and informing the league office etc.

Stephen A has been right all along. The LA Lakers are a basketball travesty and Jeannie Buss should either clean out the FO or sell the team neither of which will happen. You can bet the Lakers will eff-up the hiring of a coach and the personnel decisions coming will be laughable because of these two douchebags that Buss has allowed to ruin the franchise.
She needs to start hiring outside of the Lakers family.

The Rambi hold too much sway.

Rob does not appear to understand proper team building or is incapable of holding his ground in negotiations with other teams and needs to stop capitulating to his Stars.

Dude has to stop looking at a players name and start looking at fit.

From the outside looking in, folks probably thought the Clippers were insane to keep Hardenstien over Ibaka.

Same for the Dubs keeping Payton II over Bradley.

They weren't.

They kept the guys that fit despite the optics.

Once the Lakers get back to that, they will be in better shape.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess it just matters if you want to go for it in Currys last great years. You add LeBron, and hope Klay can get back to better form.

Curry, Klay, LeBron, Dray could be title favorites for 2-3 years. Giving up Kuminga, wiseman and poole to get that done might not be a terrible idea. @msgkings322
I wonder what Curry thinks of all this. Did ya catch when he was told of Lebron's comment that he'd like to play with Curry (when asked who he'd like to play with)? something like...."nah, we're good".

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i want the Cavs to make the playoffs---- no doubt......a series against the HEat or Celtics would give them some good experience going forward---- but a silver lining of keeping their pick 1 more year and using it to package with Sexton or LeVert or both is kind of intriguing.
That's what I prefer, but don't discount the experience they will get from the potential 2 play in games. First is a win and advance type game and if a second it's like a game 7 scenario...something we might not get in a 7 game series.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly have I made up jackass?

And I haven't started shit with anyone.

On a weekly basis you jam your head up your ass and decide you have an issue with something I've said.

Seriously week in and week out you jump on your menstrual cycle and try to run me over. And fail.

So I'll ask you again, what exactly have I made up?
Yeeesh.....

Don't know what the heck is going on here.

But, I need you here for the playoffs, My guy.

Even without Time Lord, I expect y'all to go far.

Please don't get hit with the hammer...lol

Ban-Hammer.jpg

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kurt Rambis is one of the biggest idiots ever employed by the Timberwolves. And thats saying something.

Yet hes making key decisions for the Lakers.

Wild.
I got y'all winning tomorrow.

Mostly because I want to see the Wolves vs Memphis.

But, also because Edwards is a savage and it will be the Pat Bev revenge game.

@Win TWINS!!! miss you, Buddy.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeeesh.....

Don't know what the heck is going on here.

But, I need you here for the playoffs, My guy.

Even without Time Lord, I expect y'all to go far.

Please don't get hit with the hammer...lol

Ban-Hammer.jpg
That... Is one scary ban hammer...:pound:

"Only he who is worthy" lol...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kurt Rambis is one of the biggest idiots ever employed by the Timberwolves. And thats saying something.

Yet hes making key decisions for the Lakers.

Wild.
The Timberwolves franchise did not really begin to blossom until AFTER they got rid of a supreme idiot, Kurt Rambis.