• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If? Bruce Brown had flu. He will be back.

Seth got a minor ankle injury. He will be back.

Dragic got covid. He will be back
Seth has had the ankle since January. Not sure you can call that guy “minor” any more.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. I hope Young takes them out in the play-in, and hope Simmons comes back to have his soul stolen again.

trae-young-kyrie-irving-kevin-durant-nets-hawks-1.jpg
Last night wasn't exactly convincing for the hawks to beat the nets in a one game situation. Missing several players. Played 2 against 5 most of the night and they are a better shooting game from kyrie in quarters 1-3 from a win

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seth has had the ankle since January. Not sure you can call that guy “minor” any more.

Guess not but he was questionable last night. He's going to return. He may not be 100% but he is clearly coming back. You don't get listed as questionable if your season is over lol

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess not but he was questionable last night. He's going to return. He may not be 100% but he is clearly coming back. You don't get listed as questionable if your season is over lol
Agree on that. Dude has been gutting out that ankle for a while was all I’m saying.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 0.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seth will make a difference for sure, the others guys you named not so much. But the issue for the Nets is defense. They don't play none. They may beat Atlanta in the play-in but I would not be surprised at all if they don't.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree on that. Dude has been gutting out that ankle for a while was all I’m saying.

Yeah im with you. He and brown are key. Dragic is whatever but assuming Simmons isnt playing this season, they can't go far without those 2 helping the big 2

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seth will make a difference for sure, the others guys you named not so much. But the issue for the Nets is defense. They don't play none. They may beat Atlanta in the play-in but I would not be surprised at all if they don't.
Bruce Brown is having a career year.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have you paid attention to what Bruce Brown been doing? To say he won't make a difference is ridiculous. Atlanta is the one team that can beat them imo if it is win or go home

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 0.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, I know Brown has given them some much-needed toughness, but let's not act like he is Draymond Green or something.

As for Dragic, does he have covid? There has been some reporting that he had "symptoms" and was in the protocol, but I am unsure if he actually tested positive?

ATLANTA (AP) — Brooklyn Nets guard Goran Dragic has COVID-19 symptoms, according to coach Steve Nash, and will not play in Saturday night’s game against the Atlanta Hawks.

Nash said Dragic “doesn’t feel well. But that’s all I know.”

Dragic was placed in the NBA’s health and Safety Protocols.

The loss of Dragic, who is averaging 7.5 points and 4.1 assists, leaves the Nets’ backcourt thin. Starting shooting guard Seth Curry was held out with a sore left ankle.

Nash said another usual starter, forward Bruce Brown has the flu, and also was held out. Nash said he hopes Brown can return when Brooklyn plays Houston on Tuesday.

“I think some of these things are 24 hours to 72 hours,” Nash said of Brown’s illness. “Hopefully, we’re in that timeframe and he can play on Tuesday.”

The Nets and Hawks enter the game with identical 40-37 records, and the winner will move up one spot within the projected play-in tournament field to eighth in the Eastern Conference standings.

Meanwhile, Nets forward Ben Simmons is with the team and participated in some light shooting before the game. Simmons apparently is not close to making his debut with Brooklyn since his trade from Philadelphia on Feb. 10.

“He’s on the court a little bit the past couple days, but nothing dynamic,” Nash said, adding Simmons “is not even moving around a lot. He’s just doing some light shooting.”

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and no. I can see your argument but it doesn’t account for the luck of the rotation. A guy like Matthias Thybulle for instance can yank a nice plus/minus from time to time because he’s playing most of his minutes with Embiid Harden and other players who really dictate the outcomes. He rides the coattail to their plus minus.

That is exactly why I said it is best for comparing players within the same roster.

For example, If Thybulle has a better plus/minus than Maxey playing with Harden, it likely means that he fits better with Harden.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is exactly why I said it is best for comparing players within the same roster.

For example, If Thybulle has a better plus/minus than Maxey playing with Harden, it likely means that he fits better with Harden.
Gotcha. I misunderstood the conversation. I thought it was an attempt to compare players across different teams and rosters.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, I know Brown has given them some much-needed toughness, but let's not act like he is Draymond Green or something.

As for Dragic, does he have covid? There has been some reporting that he had "symptoms" and was in the protocol, but I am unsure if he actually tested positive?

ATLANTA (AP) — Brooklyn Nets guard Goran Dragic has COVID-19 symptoms, according to coach Steve Nash, and will not play in Saturday night’s game against the Atlanta Hawks.

The loss of Dragic, who is averaging 7.5 points and 4.1 assists, leaves the Nets’ backcourt thin. Starting shooting guard Seth Curry was held out with a sore left ankle.

Nash said another usual starter, forward Bruce Brown has the flu, and also was held out. Nash said he hopes Brown can return when Brooklyn plays Houston on Tuesday.

“I think some of these things are 24 hours to 72 hours,” Nash said of Brown’s illness. “Hopefully, we’re in that timeframe and he can play on Tuesday.”

The Nets and Hawks enter the game with identical 40-37 records, and the winner will move up one spot within the projected play-in tournament field to eighth in the Eastern Conference standings.

Meanwhile, Nets forward Ben Simmons is with the team and participated in some light shooting before the game. Simmons apparently is not close to making his debut with Brooklyn since his trade from Philadelphia on Feb. 10.

“He’s on the court a little bit the past couple days, but nothing dynamic,” Nash said, adding Simmons “is not even moving around a lot. He’s just doing some light shooting.”

Nobody is acting like Bruce Brown is Draymond Green.

But you said he won’t make a difference.

He does. He brings precisely what they need in toughness and perimeter defense. He plays an important role for the team.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is acting like Bruce Brown is Draymond Green.

But you said he won’t make a difference.

He does. He brings precisely what they need in toughness and perimeter defense. He plays an important role for the team.
And he’s knocking down shots too.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@tlance hit the nail on the head. Think you can make a great case that he's been their best role player since the trade happened. Just a solid player who does the little stuff well

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 0.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys make a lot of excuses for the Nets, who may go down as the most overrated team in recent NBA history

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys make a lot of excuses for the Nets, who may go down as the most overrated team in recent NBA history

The 2021-2022 lakers take that crown.

Why are facts considered as excuses though?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 0.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Lebron's Lakers won a ring. The KD-Kyrie Nets ain't winning shit.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Lebron's Lakers won a ring. The KD-Kyrie Nets ain't winning shit.

Probably not this year. A full season of kyrie, kd, Ben, joe harris, and simmons? That's a different story. Going to have lots of solid role guys ready to sign for the minimum to try and get a ring