• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,593.48
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s gotta be the Knicks but with a third team involved. I’m praying it’s maybe a pathway to shipping Tobias Harris haha.
I'd be totally good with that...as long as the Knicks get to hang onto Barrett, Toppin, Mitchell, Quickley & Reddish, and maybe Sims & Grimes.
Everyone else is fair game as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be totally good with that...as long as the Knicks get to hang onto Barrett, Toppin, Mitchell, Quickley & Reddish, and maybe Sims & Grimes.
Everyone else is fair game as far as I'm concerned.
If Utah deals Mitchell they may like a contract like Tobias Harris coming off the books in 24-25 because no Mitchell spells a rebuild. Sixers might take back Randle and something from Utah. Not sure what Utah would want with Randle if they’re dealing Mitchell.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,593.48
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Utah deals Mitchell they may like a contract like Tobias Harris coming off the books in 24-25 because no Mitchell spells a rebuild. Sixers might take back Randle and something from Utah. Not sure what Utah would want with Randle if they’re dealing Mitchell.
*To clarify...*Mitchell Robinson is who I meant in my post.
Sorry.....I usually refer to him as "Mitchell"...and sometimes Mitch...and I'd like the Knicks to hang onto him.
Hope there wasn't any misunderstanding...if so, my bad.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,789.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+/- is such a useless stat.

Mills was 0 for 7 (0 of 5 from 3), no points, had 1 rebound and 1 assist along with 2 TO's in 31 minutes but he had a +7?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+/- is such a useless stat.

Mills was 0 for 7 (0 of 5 from 3), no points, had 1 rebound and 1 assist along with 2 TO's in 31 minutes but he had a +7?

In a small sample of 1 game?

Yes. Totally useless.

Over the course of a season?

It tends to contextualize value for players who do little things to help the team that don’t show up on a stat sheet.

The best way to use it is to look at best plus minus for specific lineups, or for players within the same roster.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes. Totally useless.

It tends to contextualize value for players who do little things to help the team that don’t show up on a stat sheet.

The best way to use it is to look at best plus minus for specific lineups, or for players within the same roster.

82games used to a decent job with that...I don't think their stats are too great any more.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
82games used to a decent job with that...I don't think their stats are too great any more.

Again though, comparing players within a roster it can help find optimal lineups.

Using the Patty Mills example, his presence on the floor is a net positive on the Nets because he plays solid defense and the opposing D has to account for him as a shooter.

If all he did was stand in the corner and not take a single shot, his presence creates space for the stars on the team to make plays. That is valuable even when he isn’t producing any stats.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again though, comparing players within a roster it can help find optimal lineups.

Using the Patty Mills example, his presence on the floor is a net positive on the Nets because he plays solid defense and the opposing D has to account for him as a shooter.

If all he did was stand in the corner and not take a single shot, his presence creates space for the stars on the team to make plays. That is valuable even when he isn’t producing any stats.

Agreed. And that's what 82games measured well. Would take on/off production as well as top 5 man units. Guess they are relaunching. Good thing because it's kind of a mess now.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harris has found his niche @fightinfunbags
He is a pro and he’s starting to figure it out. It’s been promising what he has given them. At the same time, it seems like he still is a piece that doesn’t fit well. I’d much rather a guy more naturally suited to a catch and shoot game or a guy who is just a monster rebounder. Where I am now is the Sixers don’t need to deal this guy for the sake of dealing him for pennies on the dollar. They can lose the trade because they’re giving up an expensive contract but they need to bring back pieces that fit or there is no point in trading him.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes. Totally useless.

Yes and no. I can see your argument but it doesn’t account for the luck of the rotation. A guy like Matthias Thybulle for instance can yank a nice plus/minus from time to time because he’s playing most of his minutes with Embiid Harden and other players who really dictate the outcomes. He rides the coattail to their plus minus.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 0.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When they get their important role players back

LOL. I hope Young takes them out in the play-in, and hope Simmons comes back to have his soul stolen again.

trae-young-kyrie-irving-kevin-durant-nets-hawks-1.jpg

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,789.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and no. I can see your argument but it doesn’t account for the luck of the rotation. A guy like Matthias Thybulle for instance can yank a nice plus/minus from time to time because he’s playing most of his minutes with Embiid Harden and other players who really dictate the outcomes. He rides the coattail to their plus minus.
A lot of players do that IMO.