• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 Mariners offseason/free agency thread

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the real..thing..is..i would not want any contracts..over 4 or 5 years anyway...cuz..look at the cano deal...no..

that..is..an issue.....i care about as a fan...no more than 6 year contracts....

the cano...really soured...me on long terms....prob mets as well.....

yeah..the lux tax..must go up..not down....an agreed upon..%..a year..maybe ok..linked..to economy..may be ok as well....

i do not see...how the players..could...not say..that..was ok..

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a real...time line...for a player...in his career..is every 3..years....getting older..all the time..i think everyone..understands...this..

all contracts arb...and every..should go..by..3-4 years..making 6..a long time...and it is in sports....in general

i would not want to..change the minors service time...maybe sightly..but enough guys do not make it now...

4 years for collage.. and 6 years for HS...and...international...is right..

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a real...time line...for a player...in his career..is every 3..years....getting older..all the time..i think everyone..understands...this..

all contracts arb...and every..should go..by..3-4 years..making 6..a long time...and it is in sports....in general

i would not want to..change the minors service time...maybe sightly..but enough guys do not make it now...

4 years for collage.. and 6 years for HS...and...international...is right..
ok so the 4 or 6 years is right....but does it change...if the guy...gets put on the 40 man..i think it does....but this has to be...a small issue..
cuz the team..is putting a lot of time and effert...into...developing..said players value...and going on the 40 man..before the time for rule 5 draft...
is just....barking..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 so increase min...sal...yes..
2increase the comp bal..thresh...so more teams get more comp bal...picks..idk..on that..maybe..if you say..
tampa..ok
pitt..ok
cinncy..ok
stlouis ok
baltimore
milwalkee

ok..prob with milwalkee..is..they are in a 3 team..market..but still..ok..and expantion..to portland..
and new orleans....ok. ..but ya better build a stadium...on a hill.....lololol...not a bad idea..for a Hcane..refuge..either..
(a condition of being safe or sheltered from pursuit, danger, or trouble)..garbage??.(no that is refuse..with a s...(.grumble))

as small market..as well...ok..to start with...

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 service time cal..maybe small ones..
4draft..changes..no..no..no..no....at least....not yet...
5sal arb...yes..and just the way..they want it...it is fair..

Last edited:

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think about Seiya Suzuki?

His numbers in Japan have been incredible, but off the top of my head the only Japanese players who were able to replicate success at the plate are Ohtani, Ichiro at Matsui.

Kind of hard to find any good scouting reports on him. I feel like going after him would be essentially a lottery ticket. If the Mariners really do want to contend in 2022, I feel like they need to focus more on guys with a proven track record at the MLB level.

I pose this as a truly open ended question as I have no idea if it's a good idea to go after him or not.

I'm good with signing him if it's like a tier 2 move and not that they see it as their "big addition." If they get something like Simien, a top tier starter, and also Suzuki, great. If it's Suzuki and a couple middling names that don't really move the needle, I'll be disappointed.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some things..time has come...there..is no stopping..the arb..or lux tax...owners concede..

admit that something is true or valid after first denying or resisting it.

players.....kik the can on the draft......resign...for now
voluntarily leave a job or other position.
accept that something undesirable cannot be avoided.

players..service time..maybe..if any....they be small

owners..comp bal..with maybe a coprimise..no big deal..again......no big ones..for now

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so are all..who live to see such times...

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i put the min sal in with the arb...as yes...and..a must concede...i dont want..guys feeling like slaves...and yet..i want them..
to do what they have contracted for....

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
basic idea....ya have to give..to get....compromise...and live...thumbs up....

..stall..and die...thumbs down...

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
compromise what it is to be noble

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i may have been confused..on com bal...and lux tax..lux tax..must go up..sorry about that..

id care if a team wants to spend 250 mil...so let them...but...they need a limit..somewhere...no prob....no going down..

small market teams know how..to win....without...going over the ..limit...tampa....

yankees do not know how...id care ..so go ..loose....id care

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id care..if they want to shoot themselves...in the foot....why would i care...

mariners ..trying to stay under...150 mil...which after a few years..of players' salaries going up....hits around...180..to 200

yeah i know that....

no going down.........if the owner wants ..to work..the sys......no one is stopping them......they do not have to sign...free agents..

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no going down.........if the owner wants ..to work..the sys......no one is stopping them......they do not have to sign...free agents..

feeeeell.......................the pain.........................

that mariners fans have felt for over 20 years.....

.they just like people to...see them as good guys or bad....has nothing to do..with an agreement

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
feel the pain....

dont....loose...your head.....

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mets today:

Escobar 2 year/$20M
Canha 2 years/$26.5M
Marte 4 years/$78M

If this would have been a Mariner day, I would be really happy.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think about Seiya Suzuki?

His numbers in Japan have been incredible, but off the top of my head the only Japanese players who were able to replicate success at the plate are Ohtani, Ichiro at Matsui.

Kind of hard to find any good scouting reports on him. I feel like going after him would be essentially a lottery ticket. If the Mariners really do want to contend in 2022, I feel like they need to focus more on guys with a proven track record at the MLB level.

I pose this as a truly open ended question as I have no idea if it's a good idea to go after him or not.
With knowing nothing about him and seeing clips, I truly feel his role is that of Dylan Moore where he can get in the lineup most of the week just it would be in a different OF position. That is valuable for the roster but as I have posted before he frees up a log jam of OF prospects in order for them to be dealt in a package to get an ace or a guy like Reynolds. They have the ability to spend over a 100 million plus this off-season but don’t necessarily have to since with Semien and Bryant it appears they outbidding themselves just to land them.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I read this as 8 turndowns and 2 possible turndowns pending...