• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 OFFENSE/DEFENSE

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a goddamned perfect take, really.

I think they can give the Chiefs a great game. Maybe even give them 50/50 to win.

Just like I'd give them a 50/50 to beat the Jets.
The only thing I hate about Cowherd is he refuses to give the Steelers and/or Ben a break for anything while he gives the Chiefs, Bucs, 'Hawks etc & their QBs all the passes in the world. But that said, I do feel like its a great assessment. He just needs to be more realistic with other teams as well.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I hate about Cowherd is he refuses to give the Steelers and/or Ben a break for anything while he gives the Chiefs, Bucs, 'Hawks etc & their QBs all the passes in the world. But that said, I do feel like its a great assessment. He just needs to be more realistic with other teams as well.
He did say they have all the talent in the world. They just go into games unprepared or unable to adjust quickly to a good gameplan from the opponents.

I think that's accurate. They win too many games on brute strength, rather than blow out clearly inferior opponents. On paper, the Dallas game should have been a 30-point differential.

In the end, the stat that matters is they are 8-0. Keep on climbing, boys.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what's everyone take on the run game? Is it bad O-line or bad scheme?

I think the Bengals game was clear as day to see that the inside/power run game was chewing up yards but the sideline stretch plays were ineffective. Feiler is borderline atrocious at times on pulling plays. But the Tackles & TEs really aren't holding up their end of the deal even when DeCastro pulls. Lot of inconsistent play along the O-line to get a fair shake of this debate. But honestly, with how much its been struggling I don't see why they don't simply stick to what works and gain some confidence there.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to have some depth back.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully a version of last nights Steelers team shows up in Cleveland for week 17. I mean what's happening?
Number of things. Offense is the biggest issue. They apparently don’t know how to run the ball, or simply just don’t care to try. They threw the ball 51 times against the Ravens that had all of their starters in the secondary. Going that 1 dimensional against their only strength was sheer stupidity. But they’ve been doing that for months now, basically accepting empty shotgun sets as their best identity. It works ok if the receivers catch the ball. Yesterday we saw what happens when they don’t have consistency. This coaching staff deserves some blame though

My biggest concern is how this formula won’t work against more rounded teams. Chiefs will blow them out of the water if they cannot get their ground game going.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Number of things. Offense is the biggest issue. They apparently don’t know how to run the ball, or simply just don’t care to try. They threw the ball 51 times against the Ravens that had all of their starters in the secondary. Going that 1 dimensional against their only strength was sheer stupidity. But they’ve been doing that for months now, basically accepting empty shotgun sets as their best identity. It works ok if the receivers catch the ball. Yesterday we saw what happens when they don’t have consistency. This coaching staff deserves some blame though

My biggest concern is how this formula won’t work against more rounded teams. Chiefs will blow them out of the water if they cannot get their ground game going.
Both Ebron and DJ have very questionable hands.

It's a defining trait for them. When they haul in their passes, they are gamechangers, but it's very boom or bust with them.

A rhythm, quick passing heavy offense needs the WR's to be more consistent than that.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Ebron and DJ have very questionable hands.

It's a defining trait for them. When they haul in their passes, they are gamechangers, but it's very boom or bust with them.

A rhythm, quick passing heavy offense needs the WR's to be more consistent than that.
I just can’t get behind passing on 3rd or even 4th & short... especially against the Ravens who were depleted along their front 7.

They need to commit to a run game more.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can’t get behind passing on 3rd or even 4th & short... especially against the Ravens who were depleted along their front 7.

They need to commit to a run game more.
They need to replace some guys on the OL to do that.

Only DeCastro belongs next year. This OL is All-Pro at pass blocking.

But when it comes to the run: Feiler is dogshit. Pouncey isn't much better. I'm not happy with either tackle.

If Villy and Feiler and Pouncey walk, and that sexy Zach gets back.... Add Dotson!

Find a LT and C next year is a priority.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to replace some guys on the OL to do that.

Only DeCastro belongs next year. This OL is All-Pro at pass blocking.

But when it comes to the run: Feiler is dogshit. Pouncey isn't much better. I'm not happy with either tackle.

If Villy and Feiler and Pouncey walk, and that sexy Zach gets back.... Add Dotson!

Find a LT and C next year is a priority.
Agreed. Knew going into this year the O-line was going to be a concern since they pretty much neglected it in hopes they could string out another year with the current group. Pouncey's best days are behind him, and AVill seems to have regressed. Feiler is ok, but definitely not getting anything done in the run game. Would like to see Dotson in there. Maybe stick with Dotson at LG & put Feiler in RT if Chuks can't play.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Knew going into this year the O-line was going to be a concern since they pretty much neglected it in hopes they could string out another year with the current group. Pouncey's best days are behind him, and AVill seems to have regressed. Feiler is ok, but definitely not getting anything done in the run game. Would like to see Dotson in there. Maybe stick with Dotson at LG & put Feiler in RT if Chuks can't play.
Appreciate them for what they do. Their pass blocking is amazing.

But they can't run block at all. They know it, and the scheme is to use passing to replace it. So sometimes they have to bang their head into a brick wall and force throws when they would rather run.

The Steelers have some great pass catchers, but they also drop balls too often, which isn't good for this offense to sustain a SB run. Tomlin needs to be putting the fear of god into DJ and Ebron this week. They can't drop balls against Buffalo and Indy. And it'll absolutely kill them in the playoffs.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appreciate them for what they do. Their pass blocking is amazing.

But they can't run block at all. They know it, and the scheme is to use passing to replace it. So sometimes they have to bang their head into a brick wall and force throws when they would rather run.

The Steelers have some great pass catchers, but they also drop balls too often, which isn't good for this offense to sustain a SB run. Tomlin needs to be putting the fear of god into DJ and Ebron this week. They can't drop balls against Buffalo and Indy. And it'll absolutely kill them in the playoffs.
Claypool needs to step up as well. Some of his high-pointing needs to be more aggressive when DBs are giving him bigger cushions. Since Ben wants to throw within 2-3sec window, that doesn't give Claypool enough time to expose defenses deep. Contested catches are the name of the game.