• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 NFL Draft

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he is as dynamic a pass rusher as his potential says, how in the world is he dropping to 17...
1. He's not dynamic, though he has those traits. He has not put it all together yet - needs more functional strength. Roll of the dice he achieves close to his potential.
2. Undersized - still more tweener than every down end or stand up LB.
3. Injury (acl) robbed him of a year.
4. Only has 1 full year starting experience. He is very young, still only 20.
5. There are more NFL ready prospects at the top of this draft.

Those are reasons why he may drop to 17.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. He's not dynamic, though he has those traits. He has not put it all together yet - needs more functional strength. Roll of the dice he achieves close to his potential.
2. Undersized - still more tweener than every down end or stand up LB.
3. Injury (acl) robbed him of a year.
4. Only has 1 full year starting experience. He is very young, still only 20.
5. There are more NFL ready prospects at the top of this draft.

Those are reasons why he may drop to 17.

With all that though, there are probably more NFL ready prospects after him as well. I watched LSU play a ton last year. He is a good player no doubt.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gonna go no.
We just let our #1 CB go so not to sign him to a huge deal. (without giving up our 1st rd pick)
Why would we give up our 1st rd. pick & sign a guy to a huge contract at safety?

These SOBs has to draft a good safety & we will have him on the cheap for 4 or 5 years.
Have you watched our safety position for the last 20 years??

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you watched our safety position for the last 20 years??
yeah. Doesnt make any sense to me why we hadnt tried to improve the position either. Outside of Roy Williams we never really drafted for a starting safety. We just keep throwing people into that spot.
Doesnt change the fact the Cowboys didnt want to pay a #1 CB, which most of us were fine with, but then they are gonna turn around & pay a Safety & lose the 1st round pick. Sorry. Just dont see that happening at this moment.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah. Doesnt make any sense to me why we hadnt tried to improve the position either. Outside of Roy Williams we never really drafted for a starting safety. We just keep throwing people into that spot.
Doesnt change the fact the Cowboys didnt want to pay a #1 CB, which most of us were fine with, but then they are gonna turn around & pay a Safety & lose the 1st round pick. Sorry. Just dont see that happening at this moment.
Ultimately it won't happen because pick #17 alone doesn't get you a guy like Adams;#6 overall and has lived up to if not exceeded his draft position. He is a superstar that is getting even better. He is 24 and has a dirt cheap year left on his contract and then a reasonable 5th year option. I suspect the minimum it would take would be a 1st and a 3rd, but would be surprised if that got it done and think it probably takes a 1st and a 2nd and maybe even more than that. He is a better player than Cooper IMO. If we got him for just our 1st round pick I'd

tenor.gif

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I read Kinlaw could drop like a rock in this draft. I think most teams are going to be cautious. We have seen this many times where a highly regarded prospect drops out of the first round entirely after being considered a top 10 pick early on in the process. If there at 51 he could still be a gamble. Teams are concerned about his knees and hips. The article I read mentions how his production during the last part of the season went down.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say that while Jones covered well I think the Dolphins.overpaid in a big way. When I think of a #1 CB I envision a corner that covers well,but also gets 3-5 picks per season. I dont consider Jones one of the better corners because he never turns the ball over. Adam's on the other hand is one of the best Safeties.. I do agree that I dont see the trade happening because the Jets want more than just a first rounder.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I read Kinlaw could drop like a rock in this draft. I think most teams are going to be cautious. We have seen this many times where a highly regarded prospect drops out of the first round entirely after being considered a top 10 pick early on in the process. If there at 51 he could still be a gamble. Teams are concerned about his knees and hips. The article I read mentions how his production during the last part of the season went down.
If his snaps are limited to 30 a game, still count me in at 51.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how much of this is real, or how much teams trying to get him to fall?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is there at 17 I hope we pick him and if we don't there better be a damn good Medical reason.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve done at least 500- 7 round mocks. I just did one and said I’m just going to take the highest ranked player on the board and see what I get. Best draft I’ve had lol. Maybe BPA is the way to go.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really hard to predict what the cowboys will do. What would it cost to trade up to pick 15? Probably too much.. trading down with Miami at pick 26 and getting pick 56 out of Miami would be tempting although the trade chart suggests Miami would not. Either that or pick 70 from Miami. I guess a trade down makes major sense if out top targets are gone

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. We are always in Jerry's world this time of year. Anything can happen.
Would be great if tomorrow night McCarthy and the scouts all pretend that they can't hear or see Jerry and Stephen on the Zoom video conference. "Jerry, Stephen?" "Are you guys still there?" "Guys?" "If you can hear us tell us who you want with this pick" "I guess we lost them, let's go right off the draft board"

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. We are always in Jerry's world this time of year. Anything can happen.
this is always the scary part. It seems lately we draft for need with our first pick and get better as the draft goes on when we just draft the BPA from our board. I just hope they don't take a guy at 17 most say is a 2nd rounder. I'd prefer to trade back and gain an extra pick than take a guy like Diggs or Terrell at 17 when you could get them in the 2nd round

I said this several times....I really would like this team to draft a local kid outta SMU, James Proche. This guy catches everything and would be a great slot. I was kinda bummed today when listening to a draft podcast cause they said the Patriots were all over Proche and might even take him a round early (projected 5th). If true, then my opinion of Proche must be about right cause the Pats do the draft better than most teams

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is always the scary part. It seems lately we draft for need with our first pick and get better as the draft goes on when we just draft the BPA from our board. I just hope they don't take a guy at 17 most say is a 2nd rounder. I'd prefer to trade back and gain an extra pick than take a guy like Diggs or Terrell at 17 when you could get them in the 2nd round

I said this several times....I really would like this team to draft a local kid outta SMU, James Proche. This guy catches everything and would be a great slot. I was kinda bummed today when listening to a draft podcast cause they said the Patriots were all over Proche and might even take him a round early (projected 5th). If true, then my opinion of Proche must be about right cause the Pats do the draft better than most teams

The way the board is now and according to the charts (values)-

Of course we need a dance partner-

Cowboys 17th , 51st - Jags 20th,42nd

Cowboys - 17th - Seahawks- 27, 64

Cowboys 17 - Ravens - 28, 60

Cowboys 17- Titans 29,61

Those are considered the even trades