• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 NFL Draft Chat

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC West Draft Picks:
Denver Broncos:
Jerry Jeudy - WR - Alabama

Kansas City:
Clyde Edwards-Helaire - RB - LSU

Las Vegas Raiders:
Henry Ruggs III - WR - Alabama
Damon Arnette - CB - Ohio State

Los Angeles Chargers:
Justin Herbert - QB - Oregon
Kenneth Murray - LB - Oklahoma

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Las Vegas has improved the most with their picks in the 1st round. Denver is probably next most improved, followed by the Los Angeles, and Kansas City.

Overall a reasonable night for the Broncos, the can start planning for what they want to do in the 2nd round, adn we can start to guess what they will do in the second round.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arnette was the shock of round 1 to me.

Love the Raiders pick of Ruggs, adding speed to a pretty ho hum passing attack was much needed. I thought there were much better CB options for the Raiders at 19... I don't dislike Arnette, but shocked they valued him in round 1. I thought he woul be a target for Denver in rd 2.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway tried to come back up but teams. Did not want to fall back to 46
Juedy was #1 on their board and #1 need

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft worked out pretty good for us.

Needed 1 of the top 3 WR's. Ruggs was gone so never had a shot at him. Jeudy and Lamb both available for us, couldn't complain about that scenario. Only thing easier would have been if 2 of the 3 were gone and it becomes a no brainer.

Reach of Rd 1- Damon Arnette
Surprise of Rd 1- Packers taking Jordan Love
Steal of rd 1- Tristan Wirfs/Ceedee Lamb at 13 and 17.

We knew one of the OT's would probably fall to that 13/14 range.

Another surprise to me was Miami taking Noah Igbenhoweveryouspellit.

I like the player, but Miami has so many needs and have a record amount of money locked into their starting CB's and still took one in Round 1. That shocked me.

Best to fall out of Rd 1
AJ Epenesa
Tee Higgins

I was also a little surprised Seattle took Jordyn Brooks, but it makes so much sense to me. Perfect fit. Very much Seattle like pick as well. Taking a player who is probably a little under drafted by the general consensus, but perfect for their defense.

I was glad Patrick Queen didn't fall to KC. He will be a great fit for Baltimore.

I was praying KC wouln't take Jaylon Johnson or D'Andre Swift at pick 32. @SpringStein enjoyed torturing me with possibility. So relieved when that pick passed.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My dream second round tonight:
46 Jason Johnson, CB, Utah, Trevon Diggs, CB, Bama or Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU
And then a trade with Bears for pick #50 we send 77,83 and our 6th rounder and select Lloyd Cushenberry, OC, LSU

we would have three immediate contributors for this coming year from our first three selections.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was praying KC wouln't take Jaylon Johnson or D'Andre Swift at pick 32. @SpringStein enjoyed torturing me with possibility. So relieved when that pick passed.
I don't think Jaylon Johnson was the fit. I'd imagine most Chiefs fans were expecting that pick to be Kristian Fulton.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Jaylon Johnson was the fit. I'd imagine most Chiefs fans were expecting that pick to be Kristian Fulton.

Does't matter- I was just happy Jaylon isn't a Chief. I think he fit just fine and was a strong possibility for them.

I already had to endure Ruggs to the Raiders and Lamb to the Cowboys.

And shame on the rest of the NFL for letting Lamb fall to #17 btw. Cowboys got a gift there.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does't matter- I was just happy Jaylon isn't a Chief.

I already had to endure Ruggs to the Raiders and Lamb to the Cowboys.

And shame on the rest of the NFL for letting Lamb fall to #17 btw. Cowboys got a gift there.
I had Lamb #7 overall on my big board so he is a gift at 17. WRs sometimes fall but I'm glad he isnt in division.

Raiders in general have had a ton of draft capital the past two drafts and if Ruggs is the best thing they got from it then I'm okay with that. They've done a massive rebuild and they still have Carr and a struggling defense.

Chargers picking Herbert and no LT is the most interesting thing in the division. Tyrod Taylor is a decent QB but he takes a lot of sacks. Herbert is known for needing a clean pocket. I think LAC took a step back for a year to compete long-term. But we'll see.

Broncos went all-in on competing next year with Lock. If Lock is legit, you guys are the Chiefs competition imo. Big if, though.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Clayton It is hard to understand what the Raiders doing. As you know. I love Ruggs, but I wasn't sure he was the best fit for what the Raiders need there in their offense. I think with their current QB situation it is pretty hard to honestly say the best fit at WR for them. I thought the Raiders would go Lamb, leaving Denver to pick between Jeudy and Ruggs. The Arnette pick floored me. Probably one of the biggest head scratchers in my 20 plus years of watching the draft. I didn't see that one coming at all. Don't dislike him but I didn't think he'd have any shot to sniff the first round let alone pick 19.

I actually had a feeling KC would go Edwards-Helaire in Rd 1 as the draft grew near. I called it as they were on the clock last night on a zoom call with a few other draft fans on this board. I knew he was getting some buzz going into last night, and I felt he really fit KC... They weren't getting him in Round 2... I thought he could be a guy they really covet and don't want to miss out on him as he falls before their round 2 pick. The Chiefs being a good team can afford to make a pick like that, IMO... I am not as sold as him I am say a Swift, but it just seemed like a match made there to me. I just had this gut feeling a CB like Terrell wasn't there for KC that they might roll the dice on Edwards- Helaire there surprising everyone a little bit.

I have this feeling the Chargers were really hoping to move up for Austin Jackson, but he went earlier then they though. Now they have no 2nd and 3rd in the move up, so not addressing OT is a big time concern. Big issue as you stated when drafting a rookie QB. I like Murray but when they moved up I was a bit clueless what they were going to do in the move up. My best guess was Murray but didn't make the most sense to me from their standpoint.

I love with Jax did with Henderson and Chiasson. Good draft for them.

AJ Terrell at #16 was another head scratcher for me. I had him very late Round 1, round 2. Not as high on him as many. Kiper really dogged that pick this morning too.

Of course the big story right now is how Aaron Rodgers will react to the Jordan Love pick and how upset he SHOULD be. I hope Rodgers come out and downplays it if anything for the media drama that surrounds the pick right now.

The other head scratcher to me involved another CB. Noah Igbinohene... I love his upside, I don't mind the pick late round 1, but the Dolphins have so many needs (need two of everything) but CB... They have so much money spent on Jones and Howard and so many needs then take a CB round 1?

They have a major need at S and all over the OL. Didn't want to see them reach there, but I though McKinney or Swift would be the pick there.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Clayton It is hard to understand what the Raiders doing. As you know. I love Ruggs, but I wasn't sure he was the best fit for what the Raiders need there in their offense. I think with their current QB situation it is pretty hard to honestly say the best fit at WR for them. I thought the Raiders would go Lamb, leaving Denver to pick between Jeudy and Ruggs. The Arnette pick floored me. Probably one of the biggest head scratchers in my 20 plus years of watching the draft. I didn't see that one coming at all. Don't dislike him but I didn't think he'd have any shot to sniff the first round let alone pick 19.

I actually had a feeling KC would go Edwards-Helaire in Rd 1 as the draft grew near. I called it as they were on the clock last night on a zoom call with a few other draft fans on this board. I knew he was getting some buzz going into last night, and I felt he really fit KC... They weren't getting him in Round 2... I thought he could be a guy they really covet and don't want to miss out on him as he falls before their round 2 pick. The Chiefs being a good team can afford to make a pick like that, IMO... I am not as sold as him I am say a Swift, but it just seemed like a match made there to me. I just had this gut feeling a CB like Terrell wasn't there for KC that they might roll the dice on Edwards- Helaire there surprising everyone a little bit.

I have this feeling the Chargers were really hoping to move up for Austin Jackson, but he went earlier then they though. Now they have no 2nd and 3rd in the move up, so not addressing OT is a big time concern. Big issue as you stated when drafting a rookie QB. I like Murray but when they moved up I was a bit clueless what they were going to do in the move up. My best guess was Murray but didn't make the most sense to me from their standpoint.

I love with Jax did with Henderson and Chiasson. Good draft for them.

AJ Terrell at #16 was another head scratcher for me. I had him very late Round 1, round 2. Not as high on him as many. Kiper really dogged that pick this morning too.

Of course the big story right now is how Aaron Rodgers will react to the Jordan Love pick and how upset he SHOULD be. I hope Rodgers come out and downplays it if anything for the media drama that surrounds the pick right now.

The other head scratcher to me involved another CB. Noah Igbinohene... I love his upside, I don't mind the pick late round 1, but the Dolphins have so many needs (need two of everything) but CB... They have so much money spent on Jones and Howard and so many needs then take a CB round 1?

They have a major need at S and all over the OL. Didn't want to see them reach there, but I though McKinney or Swift would be the pick there.
After I heard that the Falcons were trying to trade up for CJ Henderson I knew that we were going to see some major dropoff at CB. Arnette I had as a guy pegged to drop into rd3 due to speed and character issues but I had him as a rd2 talent. Mayock is clearly working with his own board. It backfired last year imo so we'll see how it works out for them this year.

I think Jacksonville does a good job drafting defense generally. Personally, it looks like a tank job as they went for high-upside players to replace guys who left and not addressed the fact that their offense kinda stinks.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always felt I disagreed a lot with Mayock when he was working for the NFL Network and so far in his first two years as Raiders GM nothing has changed.

Things I had a strong gut feeling on when these teams were on the clock. 2 of them happened 1, did not.

1. Falcons would reach for a CB after Henderson was gone. (They did)
2. When the Vikings traded down to #31 they would take Antoine Winfield Jr (They did not)
3. The Chiefs would draft Clyde Edwards-Helaire (They did)

To me the biggest steal of Round 1 was Dallas getting Ceedee Lamb at #17, the second was Chiasson to the Jags at #20, I think he is gonna be a special pass rusher.

Two bigget reaches to me were Damon Arnette and AJ Terrell.

Packers trading up for Love was the "SHOCK" of the draft to me... Arnette shocked me but it is the Raiders, while Terrell I saw as a reach at #16 it wasn't really shocking to me like the other two.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought damn I'm going to see what Shurmur did in 2017 his best year as an OC. I know Keasum was the QB but Minny with all their talent put up 23.9 ppg. Digg only caught 61 passes , Thielan 91.

McKinnion 51. Kindlaw and Wirfs sitting there for the taking.

Mims, Claypool, Laviska, Hamler, Pittman

What does this say about Bolles with Wirf sitting there.

Its wait and see but not sure WR was thier #1 need with Shurmur.

I hope Shurmur has grown I think this is more about Surmur doing better.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Clayton

I think Andy Reid sees Brian Westbrook written all over Edwards-Helaire for KC, and that would work out just fine for you guys.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Clayton

I think Andy Reid sees Brian Westbrook written all over Edwards-Helaire for KC, and that would work out just fine for you guys.
Chiefs needed another RB plain and simple. Mahomes is not a very good runner and I hate seeing him get hit at awkward angles while running his 4.8 speed for a first down.

I also think Chiefs fans overrate how good our RBs are. I've seen comments about how they liked the no-name pickup they got from the Raiders. I've also seen comments about how they think Damien Williams is still the starter. No and no.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Denver Broncos took care of one of their biggest 'needs' on their roster at wide receiver with the first round selection of Alabama's Jerry Jeudy. Jeudy compliments the likes of Courtland Sutton and Noah Fant perfectly and gives Drew Lock another shiny toy to play with going forward.

However, John Elway's work isn't done yet.

With Day Two of the NFL Draft set to kickoff today, what are the remaining biggest holes on the Broncos' current roster? A quick look at the board and how it aligns with Denver's biggest needs:

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/...day-2-revealed

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Round one is in the books and the Denver Broncos got a GOOD one in standing pat and selecting Jerry Jeudy with the 15th overall pick.
However there is far more that makes up the NFL Draft than the first round. With ample talent still available, who should John Elway and the Broncos look to draft Round Two at the 46th overall pick?
I breakdown eight of my favorite prospect fits for the Broncos left on the board as we enter Day Two of the NFL Draft.
8 First-Round-Caliber Fallers Broncos Should Target With Pick 46 of Draft

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only five types of players should ever be drafted in the first round

QB, CB, OT, rush end/LB, and WR.

Elway stuck with that.

I liked Lamb better than Jeudy, but I liked Ruggs the best with his speed. I also like SHenault but his prone to being injured is not good.

I think Miami reached with Tua. That guy gets hurt all the time when he is being sacked, he is going to be sacked in the NFL. The Miami offensive line SUCKS. Miami was tied for most sacks allowed, and Miami's offensive line could not run block.

Look what Belichick did, he traded out of the first round, no one had him excited to pay them a lot of money, so he amassed the most picks for the rest of the draft and can load up on cheaper talent that might hit it big.