• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 NFL Draft Chat

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me a olineman with a solid base
How much does he leg press?

Squat would be more indicative of leg strength, base, and explosive hips.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wirfs is going top 10. Great player, great person. Amazing work ethic. Always has a smile on his face.. He grew up not far from where I live. One of my high schools rivals in Mt. Vernon, Iowa. When I played we use to get 10 run rules by them in baseball, beat by nearly 50 in football and probably another 50 in basketball. My best friend from HS is now the HC at my former HS and he finally got some revenge in football against them when Wirfs played for Mt. Vernon and ended up upsetting them. (Story that nobody cares about but I felt like sharing with someone :))

The day Wirfs walked on Iowa campus OL coach Reece Morgan (now retired) said of all the great Iowa OL he has seen come through Iowa this might just end up being the most special one of all. He called it when Wirfs was a 3 star kid coming in without playing a single game. Something was special about this kid before he even stepped foot on a college football field. I think it speaks volumes for his character and work ethic. He comes from a good hard working family too.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid specs for a number of corners eligible for the 2020 class. Really some upside in this class for a true #1 boundary corner

Kristian Fulton LSU 6'1" 195 lbs
Bryce Hall VIR 6'0" 200 lbs
Paulson Adebo STAN 6'1" 185 lbs
Jaylon Johnson UTAH 6'0" 190 lbs
Jeffrey Okudah tOSU 6'1" 195 lbs
C.J. Henderson FLA 6'1" 185 lbs
A.J. Terrell CLEM 6'1" 195 lbs
Trevon Diggs ALA 6'2" 200 lbs
Cameron Dantzler MSU 6'2" 185 lbs
Jeff Gladney TCU 6'0" 190 lbs
Caleb Farley VT 6'2" 205 lbs

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great list of CB’s there right now CJ henderson and Bryce Hall are my too two.

Dantzler was very underrated last year and is nice to see him get some buzz this year.

Really like Miami CB Trajan Bandy as well not on this list. You hit the top ones. Jeff Gladney has really impressed me.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2019 College football season is almost here. Here is a look at some of my potentially surprising teams for the 2019 season.

2019 Surprise Teams.

Utah- Utah is always a strong team but I think they step it up a notch this season. They have a dual threat QB in Tyler Huntley coming back from an injury in his third season. They have one of the most underrated RB’s in the nation in Zack Moss and their WR core should be much improved with Britain Covey coming back from an injury and Bryan Thompson, who I think could be a star with great size and speed. Utah always possesses a very strong defense and that will be no different this year with a good DL and secondary.

Iowa State- Iowa State’s program has been impressive the past few years but after losing some key components on offense in WR Hakeem Butler and RB David Montgomery, many may think they take a step back this year. I disagree. They have an explosive FR RB in Breece Hall as well as Jihrel Brock. Iowa State is very deep at RB this year. QB Brock Purdy had an impressive FR year and showed he could throw and run. He will only continue to get better. Don’t sleep on their WR core. Deshaunte Jones, Tarique Milton and Arkansas transfer La’Micahel Pettway should be productive with Purdy throwing them the rock. A name to keep an eye on here is FR WR Joseph Scates. He has great size and speed and is as talented as any WR on this roster. ISU should have a pretty dangerous/explosive offense this year combined with one of the better DL’s in the country led by JaQuan Bailey and Ray Lima. The secondary is a question mark. The cornerback play may be a weakness but they do have one of the better S’s in the conference in Greg Eisworth.

Miami- This will all come down to their QB play. N’Kosi Perry and Tate Martell have not lived up to their recruiting hype. They have a trio of impressive young WR’s emerging as well as steady upperclassmen in Buffalo transfer K.J. Osborn and Jeff Thomas. Not a lot proven in the run game but DeeJay Dallas and Lorenzo Lingard should get the job done. Lingard was one of the top running backs coming out of high school and is coming off a season ending knee injury last year. The biggest reason I like Miami as a surprise team this year is because the expectations are very low and with a steady defense that returns most of their starters from last season. They have a soft schedule and a lot of young talent to get better as the season goes on. Really like JR CB Trajan Bandy on this Miami squad.

UNLV- UNLV has one of the best college QB’s you may have never heard of in Amani Rogers. They play a fairly soft schedule outside of Boise State and Vanderbilt. I don’t expect UNLV to take the nation by storm but given their lack of success and lack of a bowl berth since 2013 this is a team I see surprising. They have several key players returning on a defense that I expect to be one of the better defenses in their conference. If Amani Rogers becomes a better QB like I expect, he does a lot of damage on the ground and is able to extend plays and returns his top targets at WR. UNLV also adds USC transfer Randal Grimes. The defense is led by a pretty impressive DL and LB core that got better each week last year.

Virginia Tech- Virginia Tech limped their way into a bowl game last year by playing a cupcake game to get their 7th win to qualify after an earlier game in the season was cancelled due to a hurricane. Ryan Willis took over after Josh Jackson’s injury last year and got better each week. In 2018 Va Tech lost a lot of on offense and defense. This year they return WR Damon Hazelton who came on midseason last year then got hurt late in the season after looking like one of the better WR’s in the ACC. I expect WR Tre Turner to emerge this year. Justin Fuente’s offense doesn’t call a lot on the ground game but that is one area they must improve this year to make Virginia Tech a surprise team. Without it they won’t be able to open up the passing game with Hazelton and Turner which could be one of the better starting WR tandems in the nation if they are able to keep defenses honest vs the run. Ryan Willis is dangerous on the ground and I fully expect him to improve as a passer. Under Frank Beamer the defense and special teams unit were always the strong point of this program. The last two years those units have been horrible. Last year they had two key players kicked off their team right before the season starts. They have talent there and I like their DC Bud Foster. I think they improve in that area. They can’t go down much from where they have been the last two years defensively.

Others:
Nebraska (Heisman candidate at QB, two solid RB’s (if one isn’t suspended) and great WR core led by J.D. Spielman and perhaps one of most exciting FR in the nation this year in WR/RB Wan’Dale Robinson.

LA Monroe- A lot of talent on that team. Well coached team with very little weak spots and a favorable schedule.

Oregon- Justin Herbert has more weapons this year and a strong run game. The defense should be adequate.

Oklahoma State- May not be a surprise as they have been a successful program for awhile. However, they have a young offense that could be as good as we have seen at Oklahoma State led by QB Spencer Sanders and RB Chuba Hubbard. Combine these two with one of the best WR’s in the nation in Tylan Wallace and an improved defense and this team could be very dangerous this season and beyond.

Florida Atlantic- They have a lot of talent on this squad.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah is very good, but they only return 3 starters on Defense - so that could cause problems.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Virginia another team being slept on

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah is very good, but they only return 3 starters on Defense - so that could cause problems.

Utah had great depth at D last year. They always have a good D. May not be the same D off the bat but I think defensively they will be a strong team once again. Good point though.
Utah has potentially 4 starting NFL DB’s in that secondary right now.

Virginia should be pretty good. Solid QB lose their top two receivers and not much of a run game outside Perkins running at QB. But they do have Tavares Kelly and Hasise Dubois who could turn out solid. They have one of the best CB’s in Bryce Hall in the nation and a very good S in Joey Blount. Front 7 is decent.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember the name.

Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR, Liberty

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7741788.png

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any thoughts on Buffs this year ? Chasing the Pac 12 cellar again or ?

The Buffs hired Mel Tucker. Mel Tucker is going to make them mentally and physically tough - to the SEC and Ohio State type standard. CU seems to have taken the rubber band off the money wad - as Tucker recruits everywhere a good recruit shows interest from Hawaii to Florida.

The deep position by far are the WRs. The Buffs have 6-8 guys who could start for anyone in the country in that depth chart. This year Tucker wants them all down field blocking on every run play - or they don't play for him.

Tucker brought in one of the top Oline coaches in the country - multi-level success wherever he coached - North Carolina more recently. It appears the Buffs can put together a starting 5 and maybe a two deep after that. I think they will be good, but thin in the depth chart.

The RBs are very young. Out of the top four - only one is a sophomore - the rest of freshmen of some kind. They are very good - a Darian Hagan is a very good RB coach. The kid out of Michigan - won last years "Michigan HS Football Player of the Year" award - is big, fast, shifty, tough and goes my his HS nickname MangMang. Dion Smith has Lindsay type bursts of speed.

Montez is the QB with plenty of experience. Montez will likely break quite a few of the CU all time QB records. He is on his 4th OC during his CU career. The fall he has been practicing very well under scrimmage conditions.

The CU offense ought to be lights out.

The Defense is being run by Tucker who specialized in that at George and some other stops. Mustafa Johnson is expected to be All PAC12 at DT - his game is like Dre'Mont Jones the Broncos draft pick, but Johnson is maybe tougher against the run than Jones is right now. The rest of the Deline looks the part - tall - heavy - athletic, but really short on Big School football game experience.

The ILB - will be very good - they are big - fast - play sideline to sideline and arrive with a wallop. Nate Landman is an exceptional player and top prospect for the NFL. The guys on the edge are also great athletes and I expect the pass rush will be very good - with ball batted down by very tall defenders.

At Cornerback the Buffs are thin - by roster and in person. Two in the top Four in the depth chart and under 180 lbs. I don't know how they will hold up. One Freshmen prospect has already moved over to CB recent from the WR group.

The Safeties are talented but short on experience - except a senior transfer from SMU named Ohno.

Tucker's specialty is the defensive secondary and he is working with this group directly.

Last the Buffs lost 5 games (out of 7 losses) where they were ahead in the 3rd quarter. This is why Tucker has insisted on committed conditioning since he arrived in January. In terms of team culture -it is like changing from Hollywood culture - to Mountain Man culture. Tucker also throws the team into situational football to practice how they would react to situations in real games.

CU has one of the 10 toughest schedules in the country, but I think the Buffs with win 7-8 games.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Buffs hired Mel Tucker. Mel Tucker is going to make them mentally and physically tough - to the SEC and Ohio State type standard. CU seems to have taken the rubber band off the money wad - as Tucker recruits everywhere a good recruit shows interest from Hawaii to Florida.

The deep position by far are the WRs. The Buffs have 6-8 guys who could start for anyone in the country in that depth chart. This year Tucker wants them all down field blocking on every run play - or they don't play for him.

Tucker brought in one of the top Oline coaches in the country - multi-level success wherever he coached - North Carolina more recently. It appears the Buffs can put together a starting 5 and maybe a two deep after that. I think they will be good, but thin in the depth chart.

The RBs are very young. Out of the top four - only one is a sophomore - the rest of freshmen of some kind. They are very good - a Darian Hagan is a very good RB coach. The kid out of Michigan - won last years "Michigan HS Football Player of the Year" award - is big, fast, shifty, tough and goes my his HS nickname MangMang. Dion Smith has Lindsay type bursts of speed.

Montez is the QB with plenty of experience. Montez will likely break quite a few of the CU all time QB records. He is on his 4th OC during his CU career. The fall he has been practicing very well under scrimmage conditions.

The Defense is being run by Tucker who specialized in that at George and some other stops. Mustafa Johnson is expected to be All PAC12 at DT - his game is like Dre'Mont Jones the Broncos draft pick, but Johnson is maybe tougher against the run than Jones is right now. The rest of the Deline looks the part - tall - heavy - athletic, but really short on Big School football game experience.

The ILB - will be very good - they are big - fast - play sideline to sideline and arrive with a wallop. Nate Landman is an exceptional player and top prospect for the NFL. The guys on the edge are also great athletes and I expect the pass rush will be very good - with ball batted down by very tall defenders.

At Cornerback the Buffs are thin - by roster and in person. Two in the top Four in the depth chart and under 180 lbs. I don't know how they will hold up. One Freshmen prospect has already moved over to CB recent from the WR group.

The Safeties are talented but short on experience - except a senior transfer from SMU named Ohno.

Tucker's specialty is the defensive secondary and he is working with this group directly.

Last the Buffs lost 5 games (out of 7 losses) where they were ahead in the 3rd quarter. This is why Tucker has insisted on committed conditioning since he arrived in January. In terms of team culture -it is like changing from Hollywood culture - to Mountain Man culture. Tucker also throws the team into situational football to practice how they would react to situations in real games.

CU has one of the 10 toughest schedules in the country, but I think the Buffs with win 7-8 games.
Thanks Mingo. Gives me much better insight going into season. If they fight to last minute and win 7 -8 games , that's promising for better things coming......hopefully. Thank you Sir !

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not a Montez fan. Ill go 5 wins Tucker needs time.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a contract year for Montez - in a way. He has put in the work with the new coaches - Mel Tucker has praised him and the players believe in him. He is severely under rated for this season.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida EDGE Jon Greenard, keep an eye on this guy. Transfer from Louisville. Showed a very impressive burst vs Miami. Very legiy pass rusher.