• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 NFL Draft Chat

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really depends on where we play jackson.

Way too early to focus on needs (although fun) but that is a full season and free agency away.

I’d think at least one of CB or S will be on our list next year.

I keep imaging how fun it would be to have LSU S Grant Delpit in Denver.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
top 3 needs

ILB
CB
OT /WR (Depends on Bolles)

I would tend to agree with this, but maybe expand it a bit. CB or S, depending on Harris' situation and where Jackson ends up playing.

I would expand OT into the whole OL. Not that we will need whole OL, but there could be a few questions that don't fully get answered this season... Can Connor be a solid starting C? Will Bolles lock up that LT spot? Can he move inside if Leary can't stay healthy? Where will Risner ultimately end up? Versatility is coveted, but it could take a bit of tweaking to get the right combination, so while I think and hope we only will need 1 more to really solidify the line, it's almost impossible to predict exactly where we will need him to play on the line.

I think we should dip into the WR class because, as a couple people have said, it seems to be top heavy this year. If there are 8 guys with 1st round grades, not all 8 are going to go in the first, so there could be value in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. If we don't get one in the first. No matter where we are picking, there should be a good prospect at WR that we should be considering.

I may toss in DL as a need. Some ?s there going into this season. A lot would have to happen for us to call it a strength for us.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SPEED AT WR OR GTFO (its a thread)

Last edited:

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping that a successful season has me looking at the next draft as an afterthought.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grant Delpit would be great in our secondary!

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver targeted Rock ya sin but did not work out. CB could easily be a 1st round pick next yeAr
Harris will probably move in

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure that Harris is a sure thing to leave, but he is not a lock to return either. Only time will tell. I believe Elway set the market the Broncos are willing to pay Chris with the 12 million 2019 salary. I am not sure the rest of the NFL will be willing to give him $15 million at his age.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather not draft a QB or a RB in the first round. Unless we have another rash of injuries, we shouldn't be drafting a TE in the first round. I could live with a WR if a potentially great one falls in our lap. I agree with Femurov about the O-Line. Bolles looks to be about as smart as that Pet Rock that I had in elementary school. Leary is getting old, soon he'll just be a pile of farts and dust. Hopefully McGovern works well at Center-I think he will. Risner is going to be great at Guard. We do have a solid rent-a-cop to round out the line at RT. I wouldn't be upset if we got another first rounder in there.

On Defense I think we could use one of anything. Pretty much anyone that looks like they'll be a perennial Pro Bowler or at least an impact player would fit either as a quick starter or depth on a rookie contract.

After the first round, BPA.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d like another high Olineman drafted and a high S/CB
Hope Simmons can play better . He’s not been as good as he should be based on his athleticism.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The recent signing of OL Chaz Green has me interested. I wonder if they can slip him in as a future starter opposite Risner at Guard. I'm wondering if Munchak can get more out of him than anyone has seen yet.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The recent signing of OL Chaz Green has me interested. I wonder if they can slip him in as a future starter opposite Risner at Guard. I'm wondering if Munchak can get more out of him than anyone has seen yet.

I agree Listo, he is an interesting signing at this point in the off-season. He might be the replacement for Leary if he is cut at the end of the season as he only has $875,000 in dead money in 2020.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good signing by the Broncos - I'm thinking Green may be the swing tackle - with some experience - the Broncos are missing.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Listo, he is an interesting signing at this point in the off-season. He might be the replacement for Leary if he is cut at the end of the season as he only has $875,000 in dead money in 2020.

They are going to have to do something about Leary's spot soon. He just turned 30 and he has an injury history.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good signing by the Broncos - I'm thinking Green may be the swing tackle - with some experience - the Broncos are missing.

From what I've heard he has played LT/LG but no Center and nothing on the right side. It would be great if he could function at RT though. A swing Tackle is more valuable than a back up LT/LG. It is definitely going to be interesting to see where Munchak puts him...if he does exceptionally well he could even be our Bolles insurance policy.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From what I've heard he has played LT/LG but no Center and nothing on the right side. It would be great if he could function at RT though. A swing Tackle is more valuable than a back up LT/LG. It is definitely going to be interesting to see where Munchak puts him...if he does exceptionally well he could even be our Bolles insurance policy.

I looked him up on Wikipedia and Dallas did try moving him around. LT/RT/LG and he spent time as the swing Tackle. Looks like his entire career has been a giant misfire, though, and he's been plagued with injuries from the start. We'll see if Munchak can work some magic here.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fast Olineman 5.1 40 318 fits the zone blocking scheme they will run this year
Left G or T