• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 NFL Draft Chat

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is gonna struggle throwing the deep ball in the NfL if he doesn’t fox his mechanics. Ballhawking S’s will feast.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Todd Mcshay has Jordan Love to the Chargers at 6.

Some of ya are sleeping! ;)

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Todd Mcshay has Jordan Love to the Chargers at 6.

Some of ya are sleeping! ;)
You want to talk about ball-hawking Safeties feasting then Jordan Love should be the first name that shows up. But hey, thats why you have coaches.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey- I am just glad that my team doesn’t need a QB this year because outside of Burrow I can’t really do any of em. Love threw 20 tds and 17 picks this year. 2018 and 2017 much better ratio for him.

Good year for Chargers and Raiders to be looking at a QB early;)

Hopefully they don’t pan out but Ive always rooted for Herbert so hate to see him in a division where I can’t root for him.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Senior Bowl Executive director Jim Nagy says Love has the highest ceiling of any QB in this draft.
Patriots, Dolphins, Raiders and Chargers have all shown interest. The Dolphins flew him in right before America shut down.

I am really really lost at what I personally think of Jordan Love as an NFL QB.... I think he is better then a few people here are trying to claim, and I am not sure he is as good as some of the experts across the NFL are claiming he could be.

I will admit... This is one of the most baffled QB prospects I have endured in a long time... Just not sure where I put him. Very confused about Jordan Love right now.

Two years ago I loved Josh Allen when a lot of were down on him. Loved his physical tools. Which is what a lot of people are basing Love off of. I just don't get that same fuzzy warm in Love that I had in Josh Allen, but I think he has far better tools then some of the common fans think he has... I think the issue is he was never high on draft lists going into this year. He had good college career in 2017 and 2018. People forgot about him a little in 2019 because he didn't have the same time of season the previous two years. He looks good at the combine... and people think he is that Mike Mamula type of guy who came out of nowhere to impress scouts. NFL scouts fall in love with his tools....

I am going to remain neutral on Love. Which is where I really am with Tua and Herbert right now....

We don't need no stinkin QB anyway so Ill keep spending my time on the WR's and DB's. ;)

Last edited:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Senior Bowl Executive director Jim Nagy says Love has the highest ceiling of any QB in this draft.
Patriots, Dolphins, Raiders and Chargers have all shown interest. The Dolphins flew him in right before America shut down.

I am really really lost at what I personally think of Jordan Love as an NFL QB.... I think he is better then a few people here are trying to claim, and I am not sure he is as good as some of the experts across the NFL are claiming he could be.

I will admit... This is one of the most baffled QB prospects I have endured in a long time... Just not sure where I put him. Very confused about Jordan Love right now.

Two years ago I loved Josh Allen when a lot of were down on him. Loved his physical tools. Which is what a lot of people are basing Love off of. I just don't get that same fuzzy warm in Love that I had in Josh Allen, but I think he has far better tools then some of the common fans think he has... I think the issue is he was never high on draft lists going into this year. He had good college career in 2017 and 2018. People forgot about him a little in 2019 because he didn't have the same time of season the previous two years. He looks good at the combine... and people think he is that Mike Mamula type of guy who came out of nowhere to impress scouts. NFL scouts fall in love with his tools....

I am going to remain neutral on Love. Which is where I really am with Tua and Herbert right now....

We don't need no stinkin QB anyway so Ill keep spending my time on the WR's and DB's. ;)

I wasn't a big fan of Josh Allen but that was based on how bad he looked at the Senior Bowl. Goal Line drills got dangerous for media up in the stands. Everyone cleared out when he lined up as he about took out a few people 10 yards up in the stands. It was easy to see the talent in the arm but that control was and still is a problem. The Senior Bowl is also where I fell in love with Baker Mayfield though so not sure that was the best place to base my evaluation as it does help certain types of QB's look really good. I know Herbert really turned some heads down there.

Love it just boils down to consistency and how many throws he makes that leave you questioning his decision making. I thought the same thing about Lock but most of his bad decisions happened when the team was losing bad and he had no choice but to take some chances.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah- Awfully hard to make evaluations off one week of practices. Hard enough off 3-4 years of film.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah- Awfully hard to make evaluations off one week of practices. Hard enough off 3-4 years of film.

Now obviously my entire evaluation was not off of just that one week. It did play a big part in it though as getting to see them up close and personal compared to just on game tape is something else. With Baker what really sold me on him was just how he had the attention of every coach, media, GM, and player on the field. He carried himself like he knew he was the best player at the event but at the same time was not too big to talk to any person that came up to him. Allen was about the exact opposite. Not in a off putting way but he just would stick to himself a lot.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right- I didn’t mean to say you formed your opinion solely on the SR bowl. But many people do base their opinions off 1-2 times from seeing a prospect.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So glad we aren't shopping for QB's this year. I'm so sick of pre-draft QB discussions, and what we want.

For the first time in... well, at least 4 years, I am truly looking forward to the draft without having that anxiety of whether or not we'll get a qb (or if they are any good to begin with).

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who says we aren’t looking for a QB? I won’t be shocked if we use one of our 7ths on a developmental prospect.
So there!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't be my favorite but I would be ok with it. Any OT taken in the draft would have to be approved by Munchak so would lean to his expertise.

Same- Don’t like Andrew Thomas for us. Laviska’s nagging injuries are fine in rd 2.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yee Ha - not having to worry about draft a QB high in the draft is a great feeling. I think if 4 QBs go before pick 15 - I will be very happy with who is available at 15.

This draft is so full of really, really good WRs - I'm still not sure how much value I get if I take one of the top 3 WRs at 15 - or see what WR talent is available in day 2. I personally - think Mimms is the best WR - he will create the same threat Ruggs does - only he runs much better routes. Mimms also cuts on a dime and knows how to carry a football.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mims and Jalen Reagor after the first WR’s go off the board are pretty intriguing. Inconsistent QB play for both in college but both shined at times.

Reagor is the type of playmaker we always call for as fans that we never have.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually I am pretty open minded when it comes to the draft.. (Minus when we passed up on Ed Reed) because I understand the need to not put all your emotion into one or two positions, but rather BPA while trying to fill needs as best as you can...

But I am not going to lie... If we end up not getting one of Lamb, Ruggs, Jeudy or CJ Henderson I am going to be pretty letdown this year.

I feel like the value for our range pick is going to be there at those positions. Thus filling value/need at the same time.

The one other option that wouldn't let me down is Chiasson, which isn't a glaring need, but IMO a VERY good player at a position you can never have enough of.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mims and Jalen Reagor after the first WR’s go off the board are pretty intriguing. Inconsistent QB play for both in college but both shined at times.

Reagor is the type of playmaker we always call for as fans that we never have.

Honestly - that's why I don't understand why anyone would trade a couple day two picks to move up a nab a WR.

Good point about Mims and Reagor having QB problems - Alabama certainly in the QB and WR situation were able to feed off of each other.