• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 NFL Draft Chat

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here you go @CEH

I'd love CJ Henderson, Lamb, Ruggs or Jeudy in the first... Or one of the top 3 OT's

Some other CB's to look at (we really need to take one in the first few rounds)
Obviously Okudah will be long gone.. After Henderson I wouldn't spend a pick 15 on a CB.
I look at CB as a strong possibility in round 2.
LSU Kristan Fulton
Trevon Diggs Bama
Mississippi State Cameron Dantzler (bad workout numbers but probablya Fangio phenom)
Jeff Gladney TCU
Jaylon Johnson Utah (underrated by many IMO)
Damon Arnette Ohio State
Bryce Hall Virginia (Love this guy, will go higher than people think)
AJ Green
Darnay Holmes (more of a slot guy)

There are plenty.

Wouldn't call this the best CB draft in the world, but it is good enough. Better than last years, not as good as the year before.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will gladly take Gladney.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This feels like the old KFFL days when I lived on the forum.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here you go @CEH

I'd love CJ Henderson, Lamb, Ruggs or Jeudy in the first... Or one of the top 3 OT's

Some other CB's to look at (we really need to take one in the first few rounds)
Obviously Okudah will be long gone.. After Henderson I wouldn't spend a pick 15 on a CB.
I look at CB as a strong possibility in round 2.
LSU Kristan Fulton
Trevon Diggs Bama
Mississippi State Cameron Dantzler (bad workout numbers but probablya Fangio phenom)
Jeff Gladney TCU
Jaylon Johnson Utah (underrated by many IMO)
Damon Arnette Ohio State
Bryce Hall Virginia (Love this guy, will go higher than people think)
AJ Green
Darnay Holmes (more of a slot guy)

There are plenty.

Wouldn't call this the best CB draft in the world, but it is good enough. Better than last years, not as good as the year before.

this is one of those drafts with not a whole lot of #1 CB's or guys that even look to have that kind of upside. A lot of really good #2 and #3 CB's though that can really add to the depth of the unit.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is one of those drafts with not a whole lot of #1 CB's or guys that even look to have that kind of upside. A lot of really good #2 and #3 CB's though that can really add to the depth of the unit.

Agree with this. A lot of good #2's... Not many #1's.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chaisson and Queen are REALLY good.

Queen is about as good of a cover LB as you can find entering the draft.

and to think... the best guy on that LSU defense was a true FR (Derek Stingley Jr)

Also like LB Michael Divinity as a good late round steal this year. He has quit the team at one point and came back later in the year. Few red flags but he can tackle.

Has a S named Todd Harris who got hurt this year that would have made that defense even better then it was.

LSU D struggled quite a bit vs the run this year though. They got better late in the year against it... But they REALLY struggled early on in run support. Ke'Shawn Vaughn among others shred them early in the season.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the next big Kansas DB is already on our roster? ;) Shakial Taylor (probably not)

There is a CB Harris you said out of Kansas might be perfect.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a CB Harris you said out of Kansas might be perfect.

Yeah, except he has some off field issues. Still raw too, but has the talent.

CB Hassan Defense is probably not quite NFL material, but he has a great name for a DB.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is your obsession with him? I mean I like his game but there have been better linebackers over the last few years.

Better LB's I agree, but Queen is pretty darn good.

He isn't Isaiah Simmons but...

He is fast, physical and can cover. Has good field awareness and reads well. Pretty good hitter. Can cover TE's and RB's about as good as you will find coming into the draft. Needs to shed blocks better. Still overall raw on run defense, but not by any means poor vs the run. Doesn't make a lot of tackles behind the LOS or even near the LOS.

He also shows up in big games.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was saying that sarcastic ...lighting striking twice not likely ..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better LB's I agree, but Queen is pretty darn good.

He isn't Isaiah Simmons but...

He is fast, physical and can cover. Has good field awareness and reads well. Pretty good hitter. Can cover TE's and RB's about as good as you will find coming into the draft. Needs to shed blocks better. Still overall raw on run defense, but not by any means poor vs the run. Doesn't make a lot of tackles behind the LOS or even near the LOS.

He also shows up in big games.

And I agree with all of that. I guess I just have a lot of other LB's I like in this draft that if we miss out on Queen I'm not going to be too disappointed. If we get him in the 2nd then by all means I will be pumped up.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is your obsession with him? I mean I like his game but there have been better linebackers over the last few years.
I wouldn’t take him at 15, but he might fall right into that sweet spot in the beginning of the second where we could move up and get him with little draft capital spent. I think he has great instincts. I think he is great sideline to sideline. I hate the Travis Kelces of the world eating us up. I think Fangio can make him great. We need a middle linebacker. I think with the addition of Casey, he will be protected more, and his explosiveness will be deadly for this defense.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn’t take him at 15, but he might fall right into that sweet spot in the beginning of the second where we could move up and get him with little draft capital spent. I think he has great instincts. I think he is great sideline to sideline. I hate the Travis Kelces of the world eating us up. I think Fangio can make him great. We need a middle linebacker. I think with the addition of Casey, he will be protected more, and his explosiveness will be deadly for this defense.

And I"m good with that. I assumed something that I shouldn't have in thinking with how often you bring him up that you were thinking pick 15. I wouldn't mind even trading back into round 1 to pick him up say around pick 31.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His game vs Clemson sold me. He played like a man possessed.