• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 NFL Draft Chat

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons is out of reach after his 4.39

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a lot can change, but in my mind right now here is where we have the guys who are not going to make it to our pick. This is not necessary locks, but unless their is a surprise, these guys won't make it to #15. Who do you think?

Quarterbacks- Burrow, Tua, Herbert
Wide receivers-Lamb, Juedy
OL-Wirfs, Becton
DL-Young, Kinlaw
LB-Simmons
CB-Okudah

So that is 12 players that won't make it to us unless their is knee concerns with Kinlaw.

So, in this scenario who do you want that is left?

So the 3 that I like are in order: Ruggs (WR), Willis (OT) and Thomas (OT). I really see a drop off from Okudah to the next best CB's. Jordan Love could sneak in their. Before the combine, I was really hoping for Wirfs then my 2nd choice was Ruggs, but the way Wirfs performed at the combine, I don't see him making it out of the top 10 picks. Not a big fan of Becton, but with that size and speed, someone is taking him early. Who do you think will possibly be their (best guess) and who do you want?
I actually like Becton

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My ouch was Laviska Shenault running a 4.59 - which means his foot still isn't right - because he was about a 4.4 two years ago.

foot, ankle, core basically everything but the buttocks.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 3rd and a 4th get you to 8 or 9
A 3rd and and 5th get u to 10

Simmons was mocked more often than not around 10 in most drafts I’ve seen

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Open question:

Does the Combine blind talent evaluators to good football players?

It definitely happens. John Ross running a 4.22 completely changed his draft value for some teams. The Raiders used to be well known for taking athletes over football players. Every GM wants to think they can find that next true star and many times to be a star you have to be both athletic and great at football so they believe they have the right coaches in place to make that happen. More times than not that player busts.

The nice thing with a guy like Henry Ruggs is that he has shown he is more than just a speed guy. It is why he should be near the top fo the list for a lot of teams at the WR position.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is giving Laviska Shenault advice? The time to treat his core problem for surgery was when the football season ended - instead it left him with a misleading time in the 40 and a late operation just before the draft. Laviska is set up to fall in the draft over this. Some one will have to draft him with fingers crossed. Heck, if the Broncos want a back who can run with authority - catch passes out of the backfield and in the slot - who can score out of the wildcat 9 times out of 10 -they should draft him.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How far do you think Shenault will fall? 2nd round is the earliest I think after this news. The third may not be out of the question.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Open question:

Does the Combine blind talent evaluators to good football players?

I mean sometimes it works, like I know nothing about that Punter who set the bench press record, but now I want to draft him just because he’s a beast.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How far do you think Shenault will fall? 2nd round is the earliest I think after this news. The third may not be out of the question.

I would be surprised to see him fall to round 3 - just based on being a good citizen.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is giving Laviska Shenault advice? The time to treat his core problem for surgery was when the football season ended - instead it left him with a misleading time in the 40 and a late operation just before the draft. Laviska is set up to fall in the draft over this. Some one will have to draft him with fingers crossed. Heck, if the Broncos want a back who can run with authority - catch passes out of the backfield and in the slot - who can score out of the wildcat 9 times out of 10 -they should draft him.

A lot of players unfortunately get really bad advice throughout this draft process. Somebody told Reagor that if he came in under 200 lbs. he would see his draft stock plummet. So he bulked up and all of his agility drills were not good. So now he has more questions than answers on a few things.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of players unfortunately get really bad advice throughout this draft process. Somebody told Reagor that if he came in under 200 lbs. he would see his draft stock plummet. So he bulked up and all of his agility drills were not good. So now he has more questions than answers on a few things.

If you ask me - those are two incredible bargains later in the draft - if so. Great insight my friend.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you ask me - those are two incredible bargains later in the draft - if so. Great insight my friend.

If Broncos can now get Reagor in the 2nd then I want to buy a steak dinner for whoever gave him that advice. Because I think he should have easily tested well enough to make it where there was no doubt he was going in the 1st round. Others testing better though will hopefully push him further down.

Also something that was interesting about this past combine is the agility drills had some of the worst times in combine history. Have to think the switch in time played a huge part in that. This is one of the most athletic drafts that I can remember so to see such terrible numbers in the 3-cone and such is just weird.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO we should want the best WR in the Draft at 15 our wait for the 2nd round

OT or NT would be high on my list at 15 other wise .

We are going to have a Really great WR fall in the 2nd to us.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO we should want the best WR in the Draft at 15 our wait for the 2nd round

OT or NT would be high on my list at 15 other wise .

We are going to have a Really great WR fall in the 2nd to us.

The problem is just look at the market right now. OT's are getting paid even the average ones. That means teams will be overdrafting OT because of the advantage when it comes to cap space. Throw in every team has an OL problem other than maybe 2-3 teams. There are about 10 teams ahead of the Broncos in the draft that will be looking hard at the OT's. The odds of one of the top guys falling to the Broncos is slim.

On the other side of that equation is the WR's. Deep class so teams will think they can wait until the 2nd or 3rd round to get their guy. They are not wrong but there is a difference between getting a Jerry Jeudy and a Van Jefferson. Both good players but Jeudy has top-5 WR ability.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Broncos can now get Reagor in the 2nd then I want to buy a steak dinner for whoever gave him that advice. Because I think he should have easily tested well enough to make it where there was no doubt he was going in the 1st round. Others testing better though will hopefully push him further down.

Also something that was interesting about this past combine is the agility drills had some of the worst times in combine history. Have to think the switch in time played a huge part in that. This is one of the most athletic drafts that I can remember so to see such terrible numbers in the 3-cone and such is just weird.

Carl - what was the "switch in time?"

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carl - what was the "switch in time?"

So most on field workouts happened early in the day in the past. With the NFL wanting the Combine to be primetime they pushed back all workout times. This meant that a lot of players were standing around for hours on the field waiting to work out and have to think that played a part in these players not testing as well in some of the agility drills.