• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 NFL Draft Chat

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason I like him so much more now with Shurmur is because 95% of the passing game under Shurmur will be of the shorter variety. It is aggressive in the sense of wanting to get guys in space and let them win 1-on-1 for a big play. No one wins at the LOS in this draft like that of Jeudy in my opinion. You are right he doesn't have the break away speed of a Henry Ruggs but there are a lot of plays that I have watched of Alabama where Jeudy could be 10-15 yards down the field and Ruggs is still fighting to get away from the LOS. Wants he gets free he is so much fun to watch but my biggest concern is teams will jam him up. Part of what makes Hill so great is he does great work at the LOS to get that little bit of separation early and then turns on the jets.
thanks ...that I did not know and why it rocks that you post here.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks ...that I did not know and why it rocks that you post here.

Haha thanks. I've had the great joy of watching his offensive systems across quite a few teams and QB's. He does adjust his offense for the talent on the team so if they decide to go a Henry Ruggs type player opposite of Sutton then I would guess he wants to push the ball down the field a little more than his usual offense. He did that some with Case Keenum because well that is what Keenum felt comfortable doing. Keenum wasn't great on the quick timing routes and when they did run them a lot of times those quick slant plays turned more into sideline throws because he was so late in delivering the football. So ended up running some deeper routes and a lot of comebacks when with the Vikings.

Compare that to Bradford who is the definition of a QB that loves those quick timing throws. Had Bradford completing close to 75% of his passes in that offensive system. My guess is with Lock it will be somewhere in between those as Sutton isn't really known for the quick short throws being the consistent part of his game.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha thanks. I've had the great joy of watching his offensive systems across quite a few teams and QB's. He does adjust his offense for the talent on the team so if they decide to go a Henry Ruggs type player opposite of Sutton then I would guess he wants to push the ball down the field a little more than his usual offense. He did that some with Case Keenum because well that is what Keenum felt comfortable doing. Keenum wasn't great on the quick timing routes and when they did run them a lot of times those quick slant plays turned more into sideline throws because he was so late in delivering the football. So ended up running some deeper routes and a lot of comebacks when with the Vikings.

Compare that to Bradford who is the definition of a QB that loves those quick timing throws. Had Bradford completing close to 75% of his passes in that offensive system. My guess is with Lock it will be somewhere in between those as Sutton isn't really known for the quick short throws being the consistent part of his game.

We have that already in WRDaeSean Hamilton and he is reasonably elusive and a great route runner IMO

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do like both of them but I get what you are saying as well. Makes great sense and why he might be the best pick at #15

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think NT is our most pressing need on the team.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have that already in WRDaeSean Hamilton and he is reasonably elusive and a great route runner IMO

Hamilton does ok at it but he is no where near the talent of Jeudy. We are talking the difference between a hamburger and a steak here. Both can be good but you would take the steak 100/100 times.

The other side of this is Shurmur does his best work out of 3-wide sets. You need 3 quality WR's on the field to make the system really work well. Of course Fant added to the mix helps a lot too but when teams have to worry about every receiver on the field and struggling to cover them 1-on-1 that is when this offense hums.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also understand I really do like Henry Ruggs and if the Broncos take him I will be very happy. I just have Jeudy a little higher rated at this time.

Something to keep in mind though is the buzz is some teams are a little worried about the medicals for all Alabama players. Seems as though they didn't want to release all the medical info on the players so the combine medical checks don't be surprised if some red flags pop up.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is interesting about the medical checks ..

Last edited:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is interesting about the medical checks ..

Alabama players this is always one of the biggest concerns teams have. They run the players into the dirt and pretty much go by the mindset of if you can walk you can play kind of thing. So a lot of players especially come in with knee issues.

So then when Alabama isn't willing to release some of the medical information on these players it definitely causes some teams to question what is going on. I know with Henry Ruggs he wasn't 100% this entire season and Jeudy wasn't quite the same receiver as he was in 2018.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The next player Elway selects from Bama will be his first.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Kendell's Denver #Broncos Mock Draft 1.0.
Used mock draft machines multiple times and scoured the web for Big Boards to try to get a general consensus on value prior to the NFL Combine to make this mock as realistic as it could be for this time of year.
This time last year:
"If you want Drew Lock you have to use a Top 10 pick on him"
"Dalton Risner won't fall to Denver Round 2"
"No way Cody Ford falls out of the Top 20"
"Denver needs CB and Greedy, Byron, Baker all go Round 1"
ETC...
It's fluid and we are privy to all the information (medicals or character) and sometimes it just takes one team to love a guy to make a pick that is considered a 'reach'. So just enjoy the mock for what it is.
Denver Broncos' 7-Round 2020 Mock Draft | Version 2.0

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Used mock draft machines multiple times and scoured the web for Big Boards to try to get a general consensus on value prior to the NFL Combine to make this mock as realistic as it could be for this time of year.
This time last year:
ETC...
It's fluid and we are privy to all the information (medicals or character) and sometimes it just takes one team to love a guy to make a pick that is considered a 'reach'. So just enjoy the mock for what it is.

I like 2 Wrs. Speed kills. I would probably grab a RB in round 3 and select something else Round 6.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like 2 Wrs. Speed kills. I would probably grab a RB in round 3 and select something else Round 6.

The middle gut of RB talent in this class really fell off when Etienne/Hubbard/Harris/Sermon all returned. Wanted to highlight Ahmed before he looks really good at the combine and moves up boards.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This time last year:
ETC...

Thanks pretty good and you even drafted one of Boise's top 3 Draft picks.

The Center, ILB and RB sound really interesting.

Great job.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am really surprised at the lack of love Tennessee WR Jauan Jennings gets around the draft world. It is a very good WR class but he is a very good WR.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need what we needed after 2012 SB to get more physical on the defensive side of the ball. I hear Elway and some of the fans and get it 15 points a game is not going to get it right now.

The draft is loaded at WR it is not at NT/DE.

We need building our Lines more than anything IMO with a dash of speed on O.

DE/NT is now my # one need

WR is # two need.

OL is #3 and 4 need.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need what we needed after 2012 SB to get more physical on the defensive side of the ball. I hear Elway and some of the fans and get it 15 points a game is not going to get it right now.

The draft is loaded at WR it is not at NT/DE.

We need building our Lines more than anything IMO with a dash of speed on O.

DE/NT is now my # one need

Denver likes Purcell fine as that 0/1 in base. He's effective in his role. Really little value as a pass rusher but as a pure base nose he clogs up lanes well. Where Denver is extremely thin is an IDL that can play at 4/4i/5 tech in base and kick in to 1/3 tech in sub. Last year they had three guys that fit that role in varying degrees in Shelby, Gotsis, and Wolfe. Now they have legit 0. Don't think Jones nor Walker can hold up at 3-4 DE (4/4i/5 tech in base)