• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 draft thread

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add this guy to our current stable with a good TE and they scare every team in the league.

I just googled him and there are stories indicating real interest from the NYG's and Philly. If nothing else preventing both of them from getting him makes more sense for our team.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Swap out Fuller for Bradberry
Keep Martinez
Keep Robinson
Add Tre Boston
Add Nick Kwiatkowski
Add Jacob Hollister or Blake Jarwin

Saving money on signing Fuller instead of Bradberry and using the TW cap free up will help with the additional 4 players.

We must walk out of FA with 2 new LB, a FS, a CB and TE or we are looking at a 4 win season. I continue to feel that many of you have failed to grasp how poor this team really is.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While thinking about the free agency moves being made, it seems as if there's near unanimity on most new signee's are upgrades for depth.

So, what's the logical connection with the upcoming draft? My thinking on the subject suggests fewer draft selections than the 7 that we now have.

The team needs starters, we get one with the second pick but then what? I believe that there are going to be moves in this draft to get starter level players, but that means packaging picks/players in order to move up.

Here's my question: which is better for this team?

1. Getting 3 or 4 high quality players in earlier rounds.

2. Use all seven picks to get what we get?

( sure all seven could be high quality, but let's be honest, hitting on all seven... well)

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While thinking about the free agency moves being made, it seems as if there's near unanimity on most new signee's are upgrades for depth.

So, what's the logical connection with the upcoming draft? My thinking on the subject suggests fewer draft selections than the 7 that we now have.

The team needs starters, we get one with the second pick but then what? I believe that there are going to be moves in this draft to get starter level players, but that means packaging picks/players in order to move up.

Here's my question: which is better for this team?

1. Getting 3 or 4 high quality players in earlier rounds.

2. Use all seven picks to get what we get?

( sure all seven could be high quality, but let's be honest, hitting on all seven... well)

3 or 4 in early rounds.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 or 4 in early rounds.

I believe they are telegraphing their intentions by upgrading depth in free agency. We all agreed that a complete overhaul was necessary, upgrading depth is part of that overhaul.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is a distinct chance we trade down.

I'm still not sure how I feel about a move down. If reports are true concerning Detroit's interest in a QB, we would be delivering LT part deux to the NYG's. I know that there are people who don't see that in him, I happen not to be one of them.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still not sure how I feel about a move down. If reports are true concerning Detroit's interest in a QB, we would be delivering LT part deux to the NYG's. I know that there are people who don't see that in him, I happen not to be one of them.
You can't operate successfully with that kind of thinking. The Skins need to put 100% of their efforts in making the Skins better. If that ends up making the Giants better (and it's not at all certain it will) - it's 99.9% irrelevant, imo - at worst, it's collateral damage.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn’t pass on Young unless it gets me a first within the top 5, Similar to RG3.

Ideally, I would trade with Detroit and pick up a second with the understanding they go Tua.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn’t pass on Young unless it gets me a first within the top 5, Similar to RG3.

Ideally, I would trade with Detroit and pick up a second with the understanding they go Tua.
Onboard with this for sure...

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't operate successfully with that kind of thinking. The Skins need to put 100% of their efforts in making the Skins better. If that ends up making the Giants better (and it's not at all certain it will) - it's 99.9% irrelevant, imo - at worst, it's collateral damage.

Good point.

I think we might have improved slightly or stayed the same but I like what both the Giants and Eagles have done this offseason. It appears there is still a gap between us and the rest of the NFC East.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you 100% on board with a move down? How far down are you willing to go? Miami seems to be the focus when there's talk of a trade down, but what happens, if they aren't willing to trade with our team?

I think it's a much bigger crapshoot hoping or planning for a trade with them than it is to plan for the eventual selection of Chase Young.