• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 draft thread

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am sure he is a fine person and will be a solid player but we have more pressing needs now. Haskins will be on IR by Week 3 if we have no LT or other weapons to give him a chance at being decent.

I am guessing 75% of our cap will be used on defense so we have 25% cap room and then that 3rd rounder to address the defense. It will be a long couple of years if this happens. Unless we trade back with DET and get their 2nd rounder, snag a late 1st rounder from a team for Williams and get some more cap room. We have 5 days to get a plan together, Crossing my fingers that we are smart.

It can be done but my fear is that Rivera doesn't know how big a pile of poo he walking into and the numerous holes all over the place.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As promised here’s my personal scouting report on Tua Tagovailoa.

Like Burrows we are all aware of the real nice skillset each brings to the game. Also in the same manner that I looked at Burrow I’m doing th same thing here with Tua. (focusing on weaknesses)

The first thing that grabs your attention when looking for weaknesses is his comfortable but rather weak arm strength. This young man can make throws at the NFL level but I question his ability to get it there in a hurry especially from the left hash-mark to the long side of the field and some of his deep throws. Like Burrow there wasn’t a lot of these to see as Alabama’s offense relied mostly upon swing passes, bubble screens, throwback wheel routes to wide open backs, and slants. His progression game is top notch however, there’s a tendency to stay with his first read too long before moving to other options. Under these circumstances, I noted a kind of hop instead of his usual shuffle while working the pocket. I don’t know what that’s all about. Perhaps he’s grown comfortable doing that over the years but it’s not his usual shuffling of his feet and keeping a balanced stance.

It was interesting to note that his mobility seen primarily as a strength betrays him when making downfield throws while on the move. Not often mind you (there simply wasn’t a lot of video of this) but often enough to give pause while wondering why his accuracy suffers as much as it did when he wasn’t throwing from his really nice set base in the pocket. When he does have to move, I saw Gale Sayers, albeit in a bad way. The way that the ball is carried low or away from his body screams of fumbling issues in today’s game. He will have to correct this.

I noted Burrow's good fortune in throwing to the best set of pass catchers in college football, and won’t shy away from noting that the 1A version of the same played at Alabama. That said, should he become the unfortunate one selected by the Bengals he just might take the same sort of battering attributed to Burrow and may go the same short route to being out of the game soon thereafter. (Note that both could survive but that would have to be because of the efforts of the Bengals front offices and a heavy reliance on the run game)

One more thing that I noticed about Tua and it reminded me of a certain player wearing #10 here in D.C. Tua is brave and that’s led him to make some really good plays out of script. So I studied when and under what circumstances he made these efforts, then, reimagined him doing the same things at the NFL level. Bottom line he has to develop that instinct that tells him to give up on a play, or throw the ball away (which he doesn’t do often enough) I'm really concerned about his injury history because, if he doesn't learn to better protect himself at the NFL level, his future screams of a real talent that never rose to its potential because he wanted to be more heroic than smart. Sound familiar?

Last edited:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me ask you all something, should this team sign a TE through free agency or pick up one via the draft? (If they could only do one)

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me ask you all something, should this team sign a TE through free agency or pick up one via the draft? (If they could only do one)
I will say FA because we need a TE ready player for this offense now as we do not have one.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say FA because we need a TE ready player for this offense now as we do not have one.
Yup, and it's got to be a very good FA. TE might be as important as a LT for a QB to have success.