• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Denver Broncos Draft Class

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bellamy - has some top level moves and speed. The Eagles thought they had a deal with him, but the Broncos out bid the Eagles. If Devontae Spencer gets injured - Bellamy might have his opportunity to make this team too.

Or if some team ends up with an injured RB and will trade a 2021 draft pick for Freeman.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles always sign the most undrafted free agents and they always seem to get a lot of undrafted RB's signed.

Bellamy vs Muhammad will be a fun camp battle. Both have speed. Barring injury or Freeman getting traded, which one will win that PS job?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles always sign the most undrafted free agents and they always seem to get a lot of undrafted RB's signed.

Bellamy vs Muhammad will be a fun camp battle. Both have speed. Barring injury or Freeman getting traded, which one will win that PS job?

Good point - theoretically Muhammad should be the favorite with a year under his belt and an understanding on what he needs to improve upon. No fullback leaves a roster spot - somewhere.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point - theoretically Muhammad should be the favorite with a year under his belt and an understanding on what he needs to improve upon. No fullback leaves a roster spot - somewhere.

The FB spot probably goes to Beck as he will play that position.

It will be interesting how the Broncos use the extra 2 active roster spots. My guess would be a TE and WR.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The FB spot probably goes to Beck as he will play that position.

It will be interesting how the Broncos use the extra 2 active roster spots. My guess would be a TE and WR.

I think his point was Beck fills the hback role and was on the roster last year so Jano’s spot is creating another spot somewhere. (Probably for a TE) ;)

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some folks have been complaining about the Denver #Broncos' utilzing multiple resources on prospects that play the same position in the #NFLDraft.
However, a closer look reveals an interesting strategy on how Elway and the Broncos' matched year-one instant-impact players such as Jerry Jeudy and Lloyd Cushenberry III to go with explosive boom prospects such as KJ Hamler and Natane Muti, choosing to 'Double Down' on these positions and ares on the roster.
It's a unique strategy that quite frankly I love. When you had as many picks as Denver had and playing with some house money, it's one way to play the draft game and stack the deck in your favor.
Well done, Elway.
How Elway's Unique Drafting Strategy Sets Broncos up For Short- & Long-Term Success

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some folks have been complaining about the Denver #Broncos' utilzing multiple resources on prospects that play the same position in the #NFLDraft.
However, a closer look reveals an interesting strategy on how Elway and the Broncos' matched year-one instant-impact players such as Jerry Jeudy and Lloyd Cushenberry III to go with explosive boom prospects such as KJ Hamler and Natane Muti, choosing to 'Double Down' on these positions and ares on the roster.
It's a unique strategy that quite frankly I love. When you had as many picks as Denver had and playing with some house money, it's one way to play the draft game and stack the deck in your favor.
Well done, Elway.
How Elway's Unique Drafting Strategy Sets Broncos up For Short- & Long-Term Success

Great perspective - thanks for sharing doc.

Also - let me throw in a big thank you for your profession and peers - during these troubling times.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rookie Jersey numbers are in

10- Jerry Jeudy (We already knew this one)
13- K.J. Hamler
23- Michael Ojemudia (I don't want to take credit for this but when he was drafted I suggested #23 for him beings Booker wouldn't be back and he said that sounded good to him, today he officially got it)
79- Lloyd Cushenberry
94- McTelvin Agim
85- Albert Okwuegbunam
40- Justin Strnad
73- Netane Muti
86- Tyrie Cleveland (Flip the 6 upside down and he has his college #)
48- Derek Tuszka

34- Essang Bassey
32- Levante Bellamy
35- Douglas Coleman
2- Kendall Hinton (The Ole Phillip Lindsay camp number, same number Hinton had in college)
1-Zimari Manning (Shannon Sharpe? Jason Elam?)
5- Riley Neal
77- Hunter Watts

Non rookies

56- Christian Covington
39- Jeremy Cox
91- Tre' Crawford
42- Wes Farnsworth
95- Joel Heath
63- Tyler Jones
39- Kahani Smith (two players with #39)

Number Changes
6- Sam Martin (Opened up after Wadman was cut)
90- Kyle Peko (Opend up at Tuli was cut) Peko had #90 his first stint with us.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 guys I would rather have had than Lloyd Cushenberry.......

Josh Jones,OT,Houston
Ben Bartch,OT St.Johns.Min

Q: If we needed to grab a center, which pick above or below would you have given up for Jones or Bartch?

Broncogreg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hennessy by a mile. It's not even close.

Solomon McKinley is almost the same guy as Cush and went 30+ pick later.
And Tyler Biadasz who went 60+ picks later. McKinley and Tyler and Cush are almost the same guy. Decent floor. Not much upside. I expect all of them to stick, but Hennessy to excel.
Hope I'm wrong on Cush. He will get the best coaching for sure.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biadsz didn’t fall based on play. He fell due to concerning medical issues I get not spending a 3rd on him. I think Cushenberry and Hennessey are very close.
Who is Solomon McKinley? There was nobody by the name drafted.

I don’t think Cusheberry is a world beater but he will be very dependable and that is what you look for in a center. You don’t need to get fancy on the C position, IMO. Someone who is very dependable. Solid but not fantastic in round 3 at the C position of need is all I was really looking for there.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Solomon Kindley? Yeah I like him too.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS with you on Bartch. Love that guy. Would have been a perfect fit here, IMO.

I see you like Muti as well. Thrilled to get him in Round 6. Low risk high ceiling in Round 6. Here is to him staying healthy. He has an odd body but he can block!

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hennessy by a mile. It's not even close.

Solomon McKinley is almost the same guy as Cush and went 30+ pick later.
And Tyler Biadasz who went 60+ picks later. McKinley and Tyler and Cush are almost the same guy. Decent floor. Not much upside. I expect all of them to stick, but Hennessy to excel.
Hope I'm wrong on Cush. He will get the best coaching for sure.

I miss this analysis

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put Muti in as a Blocking TE on apparent run plays. When are we going to hear the first TRex reference about him?

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Explosive plays.( Plays over 20 yards) are worth 2 pts in the final score according to PFF.

Denver was 31st in explosive plays from the WR position.
11th from the TE position
15th from the RBs.

Denver had 87 explosive plays in total. KC for example had 117. NYG has 101.

Denver would be looking for 3+ more explosive 2 or more from the WR and maybe 1 more from the RB.

I'm looking forward to our new down the field offense

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put Muti in as a Blocking TE on apparent run plays. When are we going to hear the first TRex reference about him?

When he hits someone with his heavy hand t kettles them 3 or 4 times head over heals ..:heh:

Broncogreg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS with you on Bartch. Love that guy. Would have been a perfect fit here, IMO.

I see you like Muti as well. Thrilled to get him in Round 6. Low risk high ceiling in Round 6. Here is to him staying healthy. He has an odd body but he can block!

G Netane Muti: 73 If he can stay on the field, he's the steal of the draft