• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Commit List (in OP) and General Recruiting Thread

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense needed help, the last 2 commits are a huge step toward that

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kid reminds me of Tomich, similar build

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Huskers have the #62 rated 2020 class per 247. Any targets that can get them into top 30 or 40?

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we land Sakona that will give us a bump. We need a highly ranked crootin class that's fer true, but more importantly we need the right player. Guys with good work ethic and smart. Doesn't always go hand in hand with stars

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Huskers have the #62 rated 2020 class per 247. Any targets that can get them into top 30 or 40?
That's with 6 players. It'll jump up when the class starts filling up. Look at their average player rating. It's higher than a lot of the other teams, which are currently ranked higher and have more players.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't get my panties in a wad over the ranking of the class right now with only 7 commits... Blaise likely gets a bump in rating at some point if he has a healthy senior year. I expect Zavier Betts to get a bump as well with his showing at camps and at The Opening, even though he did have an ankle injury today. I also think Logan Smothers likely ends up rated a bit higher (not much) on 247 at some point. Lynum likely gets a bump after his senior year (he looks like he's going to come on strong this season). So that's just the guys that are currently committed, I could also see Corcoran ending up as a 5-star when it's all said and done as well, not inevitable but certainly not out of the realm of possibility.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's with 6 players. It'll jump up when the class starts filling up. Look at their average player rating. It's higher than a lot of the other teams, which are currently ranked higher and have more players.

OK, I sure hope so. I know it's early, will see what happens. Happy 4th !!

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm being he goes ND. I hope not but confidence is not high on this one for NU.
If he commits today it’s a 100% ND, not from lack of trying this one unlike Harrison Phillips

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't get my panties in a wad over the ranking of the class right now with only 7 commits... Blaise likely gets a bump in rating at some point if he has a healthy senior year. I expect Zavier Betts to get a bump as well with his showing at camps and at The Opening, even though he did have an ankle injury today. I also think Logan Smothers likely ends up rated a bit higher (not much) on 247 at some point. Lynum likely gets a bump after his senior year (he looks like he's going to come on strong this season). So that's just the guys that are currently committed, I could also see Corcoran ending up as a 5-star when it's all said and done as well, not inevitable but certainly not out of the realm of possibility.

I was looking at the number committed and brings up point of having only 7 signed. The quick scan of top 20 teams have commitments in upper teens/low 20's, Auburn is low man at 13. Is that usually typical for Huskers to have such a low number committed at this time period?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was looking at the number committed and brings up point of having only 7 signed. The quick scan of top 20 teams have commitments in upper teens/low 20's, Auburn is low man at 13. Is that usually typical for Huskers to have such a low number committed at this time period?

Typical for USC to be way behind and close strong on signing day.

Not so typical for Nebraska though. Not sure what the strategy of the staff is. This will only be their 2nd class, so there's no real track record to go by. They've got plenty of offers out there.
HuskerOnline

That being said, I wouldn't get too concerned until December. Hope they have a good season on the field (show progress) and close strong.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember, Scott Frost said his strategy is to get the young men to come to home games to experience the Big Red Game Day, the fans, the fandom, how they already know the recruits information, yada, yada, yada.

I am not worried. Unless, come December, and the number is still at seven, then I will be worried.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember, Scott Frost said his strategy is to get the young men to come to home games to experience the Big Red Game Day, the fans, the fandom, how they already know the recruits information, yada, yada, yada.

I am not worried. Unless, come December, and the number is still at seven, then I will be worried.

Like you said, in season recruiting will be utilized much more than with the previous last two staffs. This time last year, Nebraska had 10 commits and that was a larger class anyway.

Losing out on Watts hurt but Nebraska is trending for a pretty good WR from Texas (3-star) so should be up to 8 commits sometime next week.