• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Commit List (in OP) and General Recruiting Thread

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like you said, in season recruiting will be utilized much more than with the previous last two staffs. This time last year, Nebraska had 10 commits and that was a larger class anyway.

Losing out on Watts hurt but Nebraska is trending for a pretty good WR from Texas (3-star) so should be up to 8 commits sometime next week.

I was thinking Riley filled classes pretty quickly and that led to disappointing late decommits and signing day misses. Tried to look up how many Riley or Pelini had committed by July 6th, but it would be too time consuming. Maybe you know a way to filter that to make for an easy count?

Pleeny didn't really even go after blue-chippers. He'd offer but wave the red flag at the first sign of competition from Alabama, Oklahoma, Ohio St, etc.......He was big on taking the easy route going after 'the best of the rest' where the competition for players were mid-majors and low end P5's.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like you said, in season recruiting will be utilized much more than with the previous last two staffs. This time last year, Nebraska had 10 commits and that was a larger class anyway.

Losing out on Watts hurt but Nebraska is trending for a pretty good WR from Texas (3-star) so should be up to 8 commits sometime next week.

I'd been more disappointed had Watts been recruited for CB and went elsewhere. Not sure why, but as I'd said earlier that watching his film I saw a better DB in him than WR. He has a good eye for the ball and you can't teach that.
Nebraska will be fine at WR. It's a very teachable position (either block or run your route). Do that and Adrian is just the guy get the ball there.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember, Scott Frost said his strategy is to get the young men to come to home games to experience the Big Red Game Day, the fans, the fandom, how they already know the recruits information, yada, yada, yada.

I am not worried. Unless, come December, and the number is still at seven, then I will be worried.

Well, I hope they have more than 7 in December. :)

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is your guys evaluation on Gunnerson? I know his size screams DE, but watching him and the moter he has i would really like to see him get a shot at MLB, him backing up Nash would take away a lot of up the middle run threat. IE Wisconsin

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is your guys evaluation on Gunnerson? I know his size screams DE, but watching him and the moter he has i would really like to see him get a shot at MLB, him backing up Nash would take away a lot of up the middle run threat. IE Wisconsin

At 6'5? Naw. Got Henrich.
There Won't be much more inside run threat anyway when the cheeseheads are down 24-3 at half. At that point his wingspan will be much more useful as a pass rusher.
lol

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At 6'5? Naw. Got Henrich.
There Won't be much more inside run threat anyway when the cheeseheads are down 24-3 at half. At that point his wingspan will be much more useful as a pass rusher.
lol

If he is a natural bender on the edge then he's a OLB with his size. Just boils down to how he can bend off the edge hand fight and run around the OT's. Otherwise he has the size and frame to play the 5 tech on the 3 man front.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is a natural bender on the edge then he's a OLB with his size. Just boils down to how he can bend off the edge hand fight and run around the OT's. Otherwise he has the size and frame to play the 5 tech on the 3 man front.

Someone who can get up-field and turn those Wiscy jet sweeps inside would be nice as well.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah see and from what I seent from himat FNL is that he doesn't like to bend and dip his shoulder to get around o tackles. That is why I would put him at LB

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good pick up... speedy kid, will probably be a Duck-R, coach's son so he understands expectations. Good pick up

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
William NixoN is N!

I like this one

I am 50-50 on Nixon.

What I like
Son of a coach at Baylor. Probably been coached by his Dad all his life, and Dad played at West Virginia and Penn State.
Very good eye to hand coordination.
Can catch the ball.
Looks good in traffic.

What I dislike
He is not fast. Although, nut disagrees with me on this.
He is not tall. Hopefully, he has some growing to do. I grew 4 inches and 30 lbs my freshman year of college.
He is not big. Hopefully, he has some growing to do.

Maybe he is like Westerkamp.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean the big fish are not being landed yet, however I believe winning cures a lot of that . I don't think we lose to many in state talent if we won say six games 7 with a bowl win.

Hope we play ND in a bowl game.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am 50-50 on Nixon.

What I like
Son of a coach at Baylor. Probably been coached by his Dad all his life, and Dad played at West Virginia and Penn State.
Very good eye to hand coordination.
Can catch the ball.
Looks good in traffic.

What I dislike
He is not fast. Although, nut disagrees with me on this.
He is not tall. Hopefully, he has some growing to do. I grew 4 inches and 30 lbs my freshman year of college.
He is not big. Hopefully, he has some growing to do.

Maybe he is like Westerkamp.

He's faster than Westerkamp... runs a 4.55 according to some sites. Not sure how accurate that is. But he's fast enough to be a good player.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Betts was et’d 4.59 fwiw, whether he qualifies is up for debate

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sevion Morrison is set to announce today, conventional wisdom points to Nebraska as the choice destination. I'm in the camp that he could end up being a composite 4-star RB when it's all said and done. Really good burst and vision. Think he's going to have a heck of a senior year. Oklahoma would be the primary threat but they have a 5-Star and a 4-Star RB already committed to this class so if they remain solid I don't see Morrison jumping ship.

We'll find out today, but confidence level is pretty high that he'll be a Husker.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sevion Morrison is set to announce today, conventional wisdom points to Nebraska as the choice destination. I'm in the camp that he could end up being a composite 4-star RB when it's all said and done. Really good burst and vision. Think he's going to have a heck of a senior year. Oklahoma would be the primary threat but they have a 5-Star and a 4-Star RB already committed to this class so if they remain solid I don't see Morrison jumping ship.

We'll find out today, but confidence level is pretty high that he'll be a Husker.

I would be very excited if Mr. Morrison selected Nebraska.

If Oklahoma offers, he chooses them. I can't fault him either. What kid from Oklahoma would not want to play at Oklahoma? Especially when they are winning all the time.

Tennessee Vols recruiting target "fell in love" with UT after visit

There is that other one Rishard Densmore, but he visited Tennessee a couple of times, and he loved it.

"That’s when quarterback Rishard Densmore broke free on a 99-yard touchdown run to give Bessemer City a 13-10 lead, and never looked back."

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing Marvin Scott 3 is deciding this weekend

I like Marvin Scott >>> Sevion Morrison

Marvin Scott breaks more tackles and makes more people miss.

Sevion Morrison seems more north/south. Most of his video were wide open running lanes where he was just faster than the defenders. That speed advantage will not be at the next level.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morrison is tomorrow, not today... my bad. And as far as comparing the two... Nebraska would take both, not sure it matters which one we think is better. Morrison is faster IMO, but just touch. Scott played against better competition and has more wiggle

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morrison is tomorrow, not today... my bad. And as far as comparing the two... Nebraska would take both, not sure it matters which one we think is better. Morrison is faster IMO, but just touch. Scott played against better competition and has more wiggle

This is the Tulsa World newspaper

All-World preseason football contest: Edison's Sevion Morrison tops RB rankings

1. Sevion Morrison
Edison, 5-11, 195, Sr.

An All-World and World All-State first-team selection last year. Had 232 carries for 2,728 yards and 39 touchdowns last season, setting Edison records as the Eagles reached the Class 5A playoffs for the first time since 2014. During a five-game winning streak to end the regular season, he rushed for 1,755 yards and 24 TDs. Rushed for 429 yards and a school-record seven TDs in a win against McAlester. Rushed 419 yards and six TDs in a win over 5A quarterfinalist Coweta. Offered by 20 major colleges, including Oklahoma, Missouri, Nebraska, Kansas State, Baylor and Washington.

According to the recruiting sites, neither Oklahoma university has offered.

Post from some random Oklahoma board

"So Sevion private messaged me on Twitter the other day at random. I made a mention about his lack of invite to the OU/OSU game that so many OK Preps got invites to. He said Riley did offer him to come but he has some family event in Arkansas that he has to go to this weekend and cannot make it. But OU is actually interested in him.

I asked him about his 40 time. He said he hadn't run a 40 in over a year and a half. He seems raw and could benefit from some serious off-season training and conditioning. (Tulsa Public schools really don't have much in a way of training programs of condition for these kids to get involved with like the powerhouse programs). He likes OU a lot he said. Seems like a good kid.

I recommended he get some time in with a trainer or go to a guy like JD Runnels so he said he's going to look into it. At least get his 40, 20 shuttle and cone drill timed. He just hasn't prepared for recruitment yet. That will change. He's already got a 3 Star rating. With a little work in the offseason, putting some work in in the weight room and actually recording his measureables, I think he'll jump up in ranking. So for all you "gotta be a 5 Star" guys, watch out. You don't put up that many yards in a single season and not be something special. He's #4 in the nation in rushing guys. He's THE weapon on his team and averaging 12.4 ypc. When you're THE GUY defenses know to key on you. Yet he still puts up those numbers? Pffft... Please. This kid is something special."