• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 WGC Match Play.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just shook my head in disgust. The knob-gobbling over Woods is disgraceful.
I've never been a Woods fan because of the way he treated folks at golf events. Now he's trying to project a kinder and gentler persona.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger isn't the best player on tour anymore and only a diehard fan would say that he is.
Yep. dumping that pitch shot in the bunker on 18 and then missing a four footer straight up hill to lose the match tells you exactly that.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. dumping that pitch shot in the bunker on 18 and then missing a four footer straight up hill to lose the match tells you exactly that.
That was the kind of putt he always used to make.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never been a Woods fan because of the way he treated folks at golf events. Now he's trying to project a kinder and gentler persona.
That was my reasoning as well. Did you see his fucking caddy Saturday slap the hat off that old dude's head because he was filming Woods with his camera while he was trying to hit? If that had been me I'd have been over the ropes in a second with fists flying; I wouldn't care if I got my ass kicked or got arrested. Who does this asshole think he is that he can put his hands on a spectator? At a minimum, the PGA should suspend him.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm disappointed in Kuchar since he stiffed his caddie a few months back.

I think I was more disappointed in him trying to defend his actions initially...in spite of the caddie kind of being an ass-hole (for refusing the additional $10k) it should never have come to that. Should've just given the man what he asked the 1st time and maybe saved yourself some bad press/embarrassment.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I was more disappointed in him trying to defend his actions initially...in spite of the caddie kind of being an ass-hole (for refusing the additional $10k) it should never have come to that. Should've just given the man what he asked the 1st time and maybe saved yourself some bad press/embarrassment.
I guess Kuchar figured that the caddie was a dumb Mexican and would be happy with the initial $3,000.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Kuchar figured that the caddie was a dumb Mexican and would be happy with the initial $3,000.

Kuch actually tought he was going above and beyond the agreement when he paid him $5k...and probably was laughing under his breath as he wrote the check...lol

I also think somebody got to the caddie and told him, hey man, your player won the event. His reg caddie would be getting _________$ you did the same job, you should at least be getting ______ $, else he doesn't ask for $50k.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kuch actually tought he was going above and beyond the agreement when he paid him $5k...and probably was laughing under his breath as he wrote the check...lol

I also think somebody got to the caddie and told him, hey man, your player won the event. His reg caddie would be getting _________$ you did the same job, you should at least be getting ______ $, else he doesn't ask for $50k.
Or maybe it was a pretty smart Mexican caddie.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe it was a pretty smart Mexican caddie.

Could be pretty smart but just not very knowledgeable about caddie fees...else he wouldn't have agreed to such a low winners fee...I still think someone told him.

We do foundation work where I work...concrete. The majority of our customers are builders and we handle walls...basement wall, retaining wall, etc. On slabs, we farm that out to a sub...we pay $1.25 (wholesale rate) a sf for a mono slab...$1.25 to $1.45 a sf is about the going wholesale rate) a new guy wanted to do some of our work and we gave him a shot...he did a good job and when we got his bill, he was only charging $1.15 a sf.

Obviously he knew how to pour a level slab, but not so much about the biz side of pricing...we paid him $1.25 a sf. Fair is fair...even though he was following the contract, Kuchar was not being fair.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The media hypes up Tiger but the guys playing Sunday are darn good.

I said forget about Tiger - I was not referring to him. I was referring to the fact that really just about no big names played on Sunday. Again - I gave credit to the guys who made the final 4 - they deserved it. IMO - not that entertaining to most folks. You obviously are a hard core golf fan & more power to you for enjoying the broadcast, but you don't represent the general population (maybe you take honor in that - more power to ya again).

No big deal - just an observation.

Reactions: GNG

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was switching back and forth for a while, and I think I lost interest for good in the Matchplay after Kuchar (who played very uninspired golf imo) failed to pick up a hole after driving it on the green on the par 5 12th I think...Kisner wedged his 3rd close for birdie...Kuch made a decent attempt at eagle, birdie conceded, but Kisner made his birdie to tie the hole and that was pretty much it. Never really turned back to it.

I would likely have watched more of this but Auburn-Kentucky & Mich St - Duke were two really good games (not sure how much each of those overlapped the golf final). They were on a much higher level than this golf tourney. I have a feeling that I am not alone in this opinion.

Oh well - who cares. The Masters is 10 days away - should be awesome.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's how he came off sounding when he said "3,000 dollars is a good pay day for a guy who makes $200 a week." That was terrible and yet he still had to be shamed into cutting off a piece of that 1.3 mil check he got for the caddie.
The three grand he originally gave the guy is 1/3 of 1%, not the going rate of 10%. I'm embarrassed for him.

Reactions: GNG

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would likely have watched more of this but Auburn-Kentucky & Mich St - Duke were two really good games (not sure how much each of those overlapped the golf final). They were on a much higher level than this golf tourney. I have a feeling that I am not alone in this opinion.

It never fails to produce drama. Those good old boys down in Augusta may be pompous, arrogant assholes but they sure know how to put on a tournament.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I used to be a big CBB fan...not so much these days, but yes far more people probably felt the same including me and I didn't even watch the hoops. :D

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with ya on the TW influence on the ratings, but the 4some they ended up with was just a death wish for NBC.

Yup....I tried watching a bit of the early matches, but I admittedly bailed. It just wasn't compelling to me.