• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 WGC Match Play.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I'm not a big fan of Sergio, I also don't dislike him greatly. He is pretty far down my list of guys that I might root against on the weekend, but I do have a couple of friends that absolutely despise him for multiple reasons and that backhanded swipe (and miss :dhd: ) of a 6" putt and his subsequent moaning about it was a good look into those reasons.

A good debate here and Chamblee nailed imo.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spitting on the green in general I think is pretty gross...spitting in the cup is piss poor etiquette on any level of golf and Sergio has done that so I'm probably never going to like him, but he's made a lot of cash on tour.

For a reason very much like what happened to Sergio, we adopted inside the grip of the putter is good no verbal concession needed...longer than 6", we had a guy rake a short putt and missed, no one had conceded it yet. I never saw exactly where his last putt finished or even if it had finished (I thought it was still rolling when he brushed it), but another guy in the group said he was giving it to him, but again, didn't have time. We went ahead and gave him the putt, but eventually changed the game to inside the putter grip, pick it up.

I didn't see Sergio spit into the cup, but one of my friends did and it is a big reason why that particular fella hates him. Sergio doesn't appear to be especially popular among his peers on tour and that is very telling in a sport where the collegiality is generally very high.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spitting on the green in general I think is pretty gross...spitting in the cup is piss poor etiquette on any level of golf and Sergio has done that so I'm probably never going to like him, but he's made a lot of cash on tour.

For a reason very much like what happened to Sergio, we adopted inside the grip of the putter is good no verbal concession needed...longer than 6", we had a guy rake a short putt and missed, no one had conceded it yet. I never saw exactly where his last putt finished or even if it had finished (I thought it was still rolling when he brushed it), but another guy in the group said he was giving it to him, but again, didn't have time. We went ahead and gave him the putt, but eventually changed the game to inside the putter grip, pick it up.
Sergio has always been a poor sport except when he's winning a tournament.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger with 3 scrubs would still pull more viewership than a DJ/Rory/Spieth/Phil semi-finals....but you're right. Kuchar/Kisner/Molinari/Bjerregaard doesn't generate much excitement at all, and I have no rooting interest in any of them.

I just hope it's good golf and dudes aren't winning with bogeys and stuff.
It was sickening that even in the final match between Kuchar and Kizner we still had to watch for the umpteenth time Woods playing left handed out of a bush and holing a pitch shot from the fairway earlier in thw eeek. I simply fast forwarded through that nonsense.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see Sergio spit into the cup, but one of my friends did and it is a big reason why that particular fella hates him. Sergio doesn't appear to be especially popular among his peers on tour and that is very telling in a sport where the collegiality is generally very high.
I can't stand the bitch. I saw him do that. Now, Kuchar, as we know, is a dick too after the El Tucan fiasco but in this situation he easily could have ignored what Garcia did instead of putting it on the official and playing the innocent bystander. That was some pretty weak shit even if it is Garcia's own fault.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WGC Match Play 2019 Frank Nobilo talks Garcia ruling

Here's the video I was trying to pace earlier.

Frank tried to vouch for Sergio the best he could.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We used to call that "inside the leather" in the old days. No leather grips today.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was switching back and forth for a while, and I think I lost interest for good in the Matchplay after Kuchar (who played very uninspired golf imo) failed to pick up a hole after driving it on the green on the par 5 12th I think...Kisner wedged his 3rd close for birdie...Kuch made a decent attempt at eagle, birdie conceded, but Kisner made his birdie to tie the hole and that was pretty much it. Never really turned back to it.
Not me. I love Kisner. Glad he beat that a hole Kuchar.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't stand the bitch. I saw him do that. Now, Kuchar, as we know, is a dick too after the El Tucan fiasco but in this situation he easily could have ignored what Garcia did instead of putting it on the official and playing the innocent bystander. That was some pretty weak shit even if it is Garcia's own fault.

Frank Noblio kinda leaned in that direction...instead of basically playing it off as if he did concede it Kuch chose the Gomer Pyle option and that's what most likely pissed off Sergio.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frank Noblio kinda leaned in that direction...instead of basically playing it off as if he did concede it Kuch chose the Gomer Pyle option and that's what most likely pissed off Sergio.
Kuchar has really looked bad this year twice now.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me. I love Kisner. Glad he beat that a hole Kuchar.

I like Kisner, and I guess the GA boy in me still remembers Kuchar as the wide eyed amateur from GA Tech playing in the Masters.

Just thought the match had no fire...Kuch was done after 12, he could've conceded the match right there and saved some time on the post tourney stuff.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I changed to inside the putter grip ...lol.
I never ask my friends to putt short ones. If its even questionable, I'll say "if you think you can make that, its good". Almost always they pick it up. Speeds up the game and prevents any hard feelings over a little bit of money.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Kisner, and I guess the GA boy in me still remembers Kuchar as the wide eyed amateur from GA Tech playing in the Masters.

Just thought the match had no fire...Kuch was done after 12, he could've conceded the match right there and saved some time on the post tourney stuff.
He used to be one of my favorites as well because he was always smiling but now he has really turned me off. That El Tucan thing was unforgivable.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Sergio hadn't pouted per norm it would all been on Kuchar...again.
I had a guy in a tournament one time who thought he was getting to me by making me putt out every one-footer or six incher. I fixed that real quick by marking and re-marking each tiny put, looking at it from both sides of the hole, getting ready to putt then backing off before finally putting. Nothing the dude could say. He got tired of waiting and gave it up after about 5 holes.
I won't let anyone "game" me in a match.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was sickening that even in the final match between Kuchar and Kizner we still had to watch for the umpteenth time Woods playing left handed out of a bush and holing a pitch shot from the fairway earlier in thw eeek. I simply fast forwarded through that nonsense.
The media gets orgasmic over anything Tiger does.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm disappointed in Kuchar since he stiffed his caddie a few months back.