• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Hall of Fame Ballot

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Putting way too much into postseason stats. Theres only a few players with a season's worth of playing time in the postseason and they're Braves/Yankees players from the 90s/early 00s.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Putting way too much into postseason stats. Theres only a few players with a season's worth of playing time in the postseason and they're Braves/Yankees players from the 90s/early 00s.

Bernie Williams for the HOF!!!!

:)

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty surprised to see Bonds and Clemens finish below 60%

To understand why the BWAA will never vote Bonds into HOF you need to read an except from an article by Jeff Pearlman on Bonds he wrote for Sports Illustrated in which he stated in an interview:

"I even did a lengthy profile on him—the first time he talked to the magazine in seven years. We sat down for about an hour, and he was spectacular. Funny, charming, charismatic. In fact, when I handed in the piece my editor was very angry. His exact words, and I quote, were, "If you wanted to give Barry Bonds a blowjob, we could have flown him to New York." So I adjusted the story."

It has nothing to do with steroids in a Hall of Fame that has racist and some dishonorable characters in and for the fact that they all acknowledge Bonds was a HOF even before he was alleged to have used steroids.

Yanks23242

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very underrated movie.....
It’s amazing how funny and dated it is. The whole movie revolves around accidentally physically mailing a VHS sex tape; and Block Buster was featured prominently.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to all the new Hall of Famers. All deserved.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have nothing against the guy, but I just wonder why Rivera is the first ever unanimous vote? He's completely deserving of being unanimous. A lot of other guys have been worthy too.

I guess I'm just surprised that a closer was the first one to get it done.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, Andruw Jones stayed on the ballot, and I'm happy with that. I really hope he gets in. He was the best defensive outfielder I have ever seen, and I don't think it's too homeristic to say that.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeter gonna be the second ever unanimous decision next year?

Seal has been broken, it's no longer taboo. He would be deserving if he is.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have nothing against the guy, but I just wonder why Rivera is the first ever unanimous vote? He's completely deserving of being unanimous. A lot of other guys have been worthy too.

I guess I'm just surprised that a closer was the first one to get it done.
As I have said before, I have absolutely zero problem with him being in the Hall. I have no prob with him being a first ballot guy. But I am not sure he is one of the elitist of the elite players to ever play the game.

Is he in the same class as Ruth, Mays, Williams, Foxx, Mathewson, etc? I don’t think so. So why is he unanimous? It has to be the Yankee mystique, which is complete BS.

And that same argument for Jeter next year. HOFer? Absolutely. Inner-circle HOFer? No way.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I have said before, I have absolutely zero problem with him being in the Hall. I have no prob with him being a first ballot guy. But I am not sure he is one of the elitist of the elite players to ever play the game.

Is he in the same class as Ruth, Mays, Williams, Foxx, Mathewson, etc? I don’t think so. So why is he unanimous? It has to be the Yankee mystique, which is complete BS.

And that same argument for Jeter next year. HOFer? Absolutely. Inner-circle HOFer? No way.

mariano should not have been the FIRST unanimous player... But He was the ONLY one on the ballot who is not known to do steroids AND is considered the BEST ever at his position...

jeter won't be unanimous, because he is not the BEST EVER!!!

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To understand why the BWAA will never vote Bonds into HOF you need to read an except from an article by Jeff Pearlman on Bonds he wrote for Sports Illustrated in which he stated in an interview:

"I even did a lengthy profile on him—the first time he talked to the magazine in seven years. We sat down for about an hour, and he was spectacular. Funny, charming, charismatic. In fact, when I handed in the piece my editor was very angry. His exact words, and I quote, were, "If you wanted to give Barry Bonds a blowjob, we could have flown him to New York." So I adjusted the story."

It has nothing to do with steroids in a Hall of Fame that has racist and some dishonorable characters in and for the fact that they all acknowledge Bonds was a HOF even before he was alleged to have used steroids.
Yep. Exact same reason clemens is getting black balled.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeter gonna be the second ever unanimous decision next year?

Seal has been broken, it's no longer taboo. He would be deserving if he is.
I doubt it. He's a lot less deserving than many before him.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Simple....the voter base has changed in the past few years with the new criteria to be a voter and is getting younger every year, and with that, you'd hardly find the old school curmudgeon's on the voter base (who are the type of people who would not vote for someone on the first ballot).

Not to mention, with things like the voter tracker and social media nowadays scrutinizing the votes, it's probable that people that don't want to be shamed for doing something like not voting for an obvious HOFer.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yankee mystigue?

Then why were Ruth, Gehrig, Dimaggio, Mantle and Ford not elected unanimously?

:noidea:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankee mystigue?

Then why were Ruth, Gehrig, Dimaggio, Mantle and Ford not elected unanimously?

:noidea:
Kinda my point. Mays, Henderson, Mathewson, Foxx, Griffey, Maddox, Johnson, Gwynn...

Rivera is a legit HOFer. But no way in hell is he more obvious a HOFer than these guys.

This is not an issue that is a huge deal to me (**cough**Edgar**cough**). Just an observation.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda my point. Mays, Henderson, Mathewson, Foxx, Griffey, Maddox, Johnson, Gwynn...

Rivera is a legit HOFer. But no way in hell is he more obvious a HOFer than these guys.

This is not an issue that is a huge deal to me (**cough**Edgar**cough**). Just an observation.

again, I think he was unanimous because of the class...

You have the steroid players, who wont get picked by some,

after that, who were the ABSOLUTE picks?? Really only Mo...

Only Mo, was the best ever at anything...

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree that there are a number of guys through the years that should have been unanimous, but I think the fact that many of them are Yankees kind of dispels the notion that Mo was unanimous because he was a Yankee.

My opinion is the reason is that so many of these ballots are public now, no writer wants to be exposed as the moron that didn't vote for a slam dunk guy.

For example, IMO, Ted Williams was the best hitter who ever lived, but he was a dick. Some "wronged" writers were able to get some measure of revenge on him by not giving him their vote, totally anonymously.

That could happen in 1966. That really can't happen in 2019.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that there are a number of guys through the years that should have been unanimous, but I think the fact that many of them are Yankees kind of dispels the notion that Mo was unanimous because he was a Yankee.

My opinion is the reason is that so many of these ballots are public now, no writer wants to be exposed as the moron that didn't vote for a slam dunk guy.

For example, IMO, Ted Williams was the best hitter who ever lived, but he was a dick. Some "wronged" writers were able to get some measure of revenge on him by not giving him their vote, totally anonymously.

That could happen in 1966. That really can't happen in 2019.
Fair points. But if Mo played for the Reds, do you REALLY think he would have been unanimous?

Griffey wasn’t unanimous.