• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

cooljack

Destroyer of Worlds
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never realized that Cavs fans have so much to argue about. I guess they do.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better at least get a few all star votes from you then.

As to your first comment I said I agree. Just don't let bks know about this if you plan to comment.

You bet.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tristan Thompson’s goal is to make first team All-Defense -- and he’s off to a strong start

As the Cleveland Cavaliers devised their game plan for Monday night’s matchup against the formidable Milwaukee Bucks, it was clear they had few options to defend reigning MVP Giannis Antetokounmpo.

Starting power forward Kevin Love is too slow. Cedi Osman isn’t strong enough. John Henson, Antetokounmpo’s former teammate, didn’t make the trip because of a strained right hamstring that will sideline him for possibly a month. That left Tristan Thompson....

While some may rue having to defend a burly, fast, athletic marvel whose nickname “Greek Freak” couldn’t possibly be more fitting, Thompson took the opposite approach. He actually asked for that assignment.

" I want to make their night tough to gain that respect defensively around the league. Goal of mine is to make first team All-Defense. The way you do that is guarding the best players. It starts with the MVP of the league.”

The result: Antetokounmpo, who entered the night averaging 29.5 points, finished with 14 on 5-of-15 from the field. It was his fewest points in a regular-season game since Jan. 15. His field goal percentage hasn’t been that poor since Dec. 22, 2018.

In the opener against Orlando, Thompson contested 13 shots, the most of anyone on the roster.

A few nights later in the home opener, he helped Cleveland hold Indiana to 99 points on 44.8 percent shooting. With Thompson on the floor, the Cavs had a defensive rating of 89.9. He also blocked three shots and repeatedly won his individual matchup, which is one of the primary principles of J.B. Bickerstaff’s defense.

In the team’s lone win this season, Thompson guarded budding youngster Domantas Sabonis for about half the night. During Thompson’s defensive possessions against Sabonis, the $70 million power forward scored just four points on 1-of-5 from the field. Thompson also stymied Indiana center Myles Turner. Guarding him 26 percent of the time, Thompson held Turner scoreless, missing all three shot attempts and committing a turnover. Even T.J. Warren, brought to Indiana this off-season for his scoring punch, struggled against Cleveland’s anchor. Warren scored just two points on 1-of-3 from the field.

He’s the relentless rebounder, menacing screen-setter and deft roller. As Thompson likes to say, he brings the lunch pail and punches the clock every night, playing with the same effort and energy no matter what. He’s also got nimble feet to switch onto smaller players and hold his own. While he’s smaller than most centers and isn’t the prototypical rim protector, Thompson’s other traits have helped him become the linchpin at that end of the floor -- a role he’s lived up to with his stellar play early this season.

According to NBA.com stats, Thompson defended Antetokounmpo nearly 42 percent of the time, holding him to five points on 2-of-7 from the field.

“That’s why we call him the m-----f------ Double-T,” Love told cleveland.com.
Yeah, but he was only 8-18 with a -19, so what else matters?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never realized that Cavs fans have so much to argue about. I guess they do.

This is the time of year for Cavs fans to talk about their team. By Christmas they will be talking about draft prospects.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the time of year for Cavs fans to talk about their team. By Christmas they will be talking about draft prospects.
the Sixers would have to have a shit load of success over the next half decade to come anywhere close to the Cavs run. thus far all we have seen is failure and falling short of bloated expectations.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You thinking those Hawk fans must know a lot more than Cavs' fans when it comes to team success, sport?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Sixers would have to have a shit load of success over the next half decade to come anywhere close to the Cavs run. thus far all we have seen is failure and falling short of bloated expectations.
worse is he was saying that to a Hawks' fan.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um...I was quoting you.

source.gif

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tristan Thompson’s goal is to make first team All-Defense -- and he’s off to a strong start

As the Cleveland Cavaliers devised their game plan for Monday night’s matchup against the formidable Milwaukee Bucks, it was clear they had few options to defend reigning MVP Giannis Antetokounmpo.

Starting power forward Kevin Love is too slow. Cedi Osman isn’t strong enough. John Henson, Antetokounmpo’s former teammate, didn’t make the trip because of a strained right hamstring that will sideline him for possibly a month. That left Tristan Thompson....

While some may rue having to defend a burly, fast, athletic marvel whose nickname “Greek Freak” couldn’t possibly be more fitting, Thompson took the opposite approach. He actually asked for that assignment.

" I want to make their night tough to gain that respect defensively around the league. Goal of mine is to make first team All-Defense. The way you do that is guarding the best players. It starts with the MVP of the league.”

The result: Antetokounmpo, who entered the night averaging 29.5 points, finished with 14 on 5-of-15 from the field. It was his fewest points in a regular-season game since Jan. 15. His field goal percentage hasn’t been that poor since Dec. 22, 2018.

In the opener against Orlando, Thompson contested 13 shots, the most of anyone on the roster.

A few nights later in the home opener, he helped Cleveland hold Indiana to 99 points on 44.8 percent shooting. With Thompson on the floor, the Cavs had a defensive rating of 89.9. He also blocked three shots and repeatedly won his individual matchup, which is one of the primary principles of J.B. Bickerstaff’s defense.

In the team’s lone win this season, Thompson guarded budding youngster Domantas Sabonis for about half the night. During Thompson’s defensive possessions against Sabonis, the $70 million power forward scored just four points on 1-of-5 from the field. Thompson also stymied Indiana center Myles Turner. Guarding him 26 percent of the time, Thompson held Turner scoreless, missing all three shot attempts and committing a turnover. Even T.J. Warren, brought to Indiana this off-season for his scoring punch, struggled against Cleveland’s anchor. Warren scored just two points on 1-of-3 from the field.

He’s the relentless rebounder, menacing screen-setter and deft roller. As Thompson likes to say, he brings the lunch pail and punches the clock every night, playing with the same effort and energy no matter what. He’s also got nimble feet to switch onto smaller players and hold his own. While he’s smaller than most centers and isn’t the prototypical rim protector, Thompson’s other traits have helped him become the linchpin at that end of the floor -- a role he’s lived up to with his stellar play early this season.

According to NBA.com stats, Thompson defended Antetokounmpo nearly 42 percent of the time, holding him to five points on 2-of-7 from the field.

“That’s why we call him the m-----f------ Double-T,” Love told cleveland.com.
No doubt, Cavs fans are living the dream!

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true but we are very excited about our young team, win or lose. They play their asses off and are a lot of fun to watch.
I would be excited about them, too.

Still need an elite wing to be a contender I think, but fun to watch.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are 3 teams on this site basically: Heat, Lakers and Cavs. I don't know why this is shocking...I understand one Cavs fan kinda argues over pointless stuff but I think you are really getting your panties in a wad over nothing haha

Actually, there are 2 (you're not 1 though).

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL. What? You won a single championship. In your entire history.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. What? You won a single championship. In your entire history.
the sixers have not won an NBA finals game since 1983.

how old are you?

Youd have to be pretty fucking old to remember a Sixers finals win.

they have won 4 series- all in the first round- since 2001

the franchise has been a pretty huge embarrassing failure for the past 35+ years.

AI and the sweep in the Finals and an immediate return to being a first round bust-out the following year is the most success the franchise has had since i have been alive- thats for damn sure.

but if you want to hold your hat on victories from 40-50 or so years ago- go for it. lol

Last edited: