• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Majority, though, seem to think TT could help LA.

So could a lot of players that aren't really available to them. Might as well talk about how a reincarnated Wilt would fit in, or a never-aging Eddie Jones.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct.....was chief.

My apologies.

As for being an idiot for thinking LA could take on TT's salary? I agree and why I would have never made such a statement. Think everyone in this discussion have said nearly impossible for that deal to get done. Majority, though, seem to think TT could help LA.

and get dominated by bigger and better centers...

HARD pass...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You tried trolling with the "alarming" comment, I countertrolled you much more effectively. Stop crying, take the L, and move on
If I admitted it was embellished wouldn't that mean I ...well.....knew it was embellished?

I could have just played the board stand by and said it was taken out of context as many do when they so often embellish something instead? Next time.

cooljack

Destroyer of Worlds
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you happy that the Hawks made the Young-Doncic trade in retrospect?

I starred your post because it is an excellent question.

Yes, I like the trade. I like Young and believe he will be a Star player but so is Doncic. Trey is exciting and fun to watch. He is also good at jelling with teammates and building chemistry. Trey is the perfect guy for PG for our rebuild.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, ok, TODAY you're a funny cat...
Might be the first post of yours I saw today...suspect today you'll STILL be a dufus.

With apologies again to hopson, tell me again how the Lakers would be doing the Cavs a favor taking Thompson from them with his expiring deal.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I starred your post because it is an excellent question.

Yes, I like the trade. I like Young and believe he will be a Star player but so is Doncic. Trey is exciting and fun to watch. He is also good at jelling with teammates and building chemistry. Trey is the perfect guy for PG for our rebuild.

I think Doncic can be a legendary type of player but I also think Trae can be a star...but something to factor into this trade is that other draft pick, which is Cam Reddish. Looks like he didnt play well in that 1st game but if he can somehow become a very nice player that trade might look a bit more even. Think both Mavs and Hawks fans will be happy for years to come though.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are calling the pick a reach based on what, exactly?

And here's a flash....teams don't get to use hindsight to make their picks. In addition, bad pick does not = reach.

If it's a bad pick, that means he should've been drafted later, hence a reach. You really do argue even the most minute point just to keep some hope of saving face, don't you?

Syracuse players in general have not been valuable NBA players. The best one since the 80's seems universally hated these days (Melo). Waiters didn't even start for the Orange (either Boeheim was trying to convince him he wasn't ready, or trying to trigger him to go away lol). He's a reach because of those items, and only Robinson among the top 10 was a bigger flop IMO.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have to learn how to play together first, then decide what moves need to be made. Their 3rd/4th option Kuzma isn't playing yet either, which will further shift the substitution patterns.
And I wouldn't yet write Lebron has another season left of Playoff Lebron.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So could a lot of players that aren't really available to them. Might as well talk about how a reincarnated Wilt would fit in, or a never-aging Eddie Jones.
If someone ever says reincarnated Wilt or never aging Jones could not help them we can discuss.

But even though it would be tough to get TT there have been a handful who said they wouldn't even want him and/or he could not help LA which is absurd.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HARD pass...

More about the money than getting dominated by centers tbh. TT is everything the Lakers need from a center and they would still have McGee to play his 19 mins a night and be a rim protector, even though I think AD can play that role just not to a huge extent.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be the first post of yours I saw today...suspect today you'll STILL be a dufus.

With apologies again to hopson, tell me again how the Lakers would be doing the Cavs a favor taking Thompson from them with his expiring deal.

well, what's YOUR opinion against billions, dickhead...?

Do feel free to block me if you don't like what i say...

17 million reasons by the way...

just sayin'...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I wouldn't yet write Lebron has another season left of Playoff Lebron.

If he can defer a lot of what was previously on his shoulders to others, he can still be a huge contributor. He's not going to carry a team at this age, and I don't know if he really is comfortable NOT doing things that way. I've said before that what I expect out of Lebron was to lure the right type of players to the Lakers (which happened in earnest this summer), which in turn should lure the next superstar as Lebron's career comes to an end. Playoffs runs will happen, and titles would be great in the interim, but for me it's about the long term more than the short term.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HARD pass...
Agree with this comment, @shopson67 ? Wouldn't even want TT if LA could get him as he'd be dominated by bigger and better centers?

How about you make a list of all the bigger/better centers you think would dominate TT, chief.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More about the money than getting dominated by centers tbh. TT is everything the Lakers need from a center and they would still have McGee to play his 19 mins a night and be a rim protector, even though I think AD can play that role just not to a huge extent.

i just have that image of Whiteside taking the guy to the wood shed and i just can't help myself...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with this comment, @shopson67 ? Wouldn't even want TT if LA could get him as he'd be dominated by bigger and better centers?

How about you make a list of all the bigger/better centers you think would dominate TT, chief.

If he was waived, I'd take him in a heartbeat and cut Dwight loose.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, what's YOUR opinion against billions, dickhead...?

Do feel free to block me if you don't like what i say...

17 million reasons by the way...

just sayin'...
not sure where you are going with the millions/billions comment, but I wouldn't block you because your comments provide free comic relief.

First it's "why would we help the cavs by taking TT" then when you realize what a foolish comment that is do you own your mistake? Of course not. Deflection here you come. And you make arguably a more foolish comment that LA could not use TT.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

make your list. my opinion still stands...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he was waived, I'd take him in a heartbeat and cut Dwight loose.
No chance he would be waived. Maybe there's a 3-way deal out there to be made? IF the Cavs want to deal him would think they want a future first and would be willing to take on a bad contract if it's a potential high pick or maybe an extra pick.