• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what im thinking....which wouldn't make sense because i have a list of like 200 that should be banned before him on SportsHoopla.

@trojanfan12 any idea what happened?

Oh shit.

Buckalice was right.

Cuty Sushi must have been an alt.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Craig Ehlo on Ron Harper: 'I don't really remember him during our time wanting to play defense that much'

@Shanemansj13 @dtgold88

What do you guys think of Ehlo's comment about him being put on MJ instead of Harper for The Shot?

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh shit.

Buckalice was right.

Cuty Sushi must have been an alt.

Sushi said he was gonna lay low after the whole lockdown in San Fran started

Is that who people were referring to?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie wouldn't make every team worse if he just accepted his role

Another example of this is Melo. Once he finally accepted he wasn't what he was he got a job again

Kyrie is a fantastic number two

He's a shitty number one

I agree mostly.

If he accepted his role and stopped trying to be the man and stopped dividing his own locker room he would be a terrific player to have on your team.

I really don’t agree that he was all that great as a number 2 in Cleveland. It worked because LeBron made it work and Love pretty much lefty ego at the door. Kyrie still forced his way out because he couldn’t accept the role he was suited for on that team.

Time will tell if he can accept it in Brooklyn, but I have my doubts.

I actually believe that the Melo comparison is perfect. Based on what we have seen from Kyrie this far, his ideal role IMO is as a number 1 option on a mediocre team. Just like Melo was most of his career.

Problem is, Kyrie thinks he should be the man on any team. Until that changes, he and his teams will likely underachieve.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree totally with your last paragraph tlance

I think he was very beneficial for LeBron in that he drew the necessary defensive attention and distribute as well

A lot of guys could've filled that role to be fair and many would've had no issue staying number two and winning ships

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok man.

I don’t even know many QBs have been picked in the 1st round over the last 5 years, but it has been a decently big number. 20 maybe?

He identified ALL the stars of that group AND all the biggest busts.

We will see about the guys drafted in the last 2 years.
Looking at the list if you go by last 5 years (excluding last 2 as too early), guessing there was a consensus on most of these as picks who would succeed or be busts. Other than maybe a couple.

I'm only saying if your guy is doing something few could do he'd be making huge coin and sharing his info with more than a couple teams and you. Or maybe one team would lock him down making it worth his while.

If I'm wrong please tell me but seems for the last 2 years he thinks both #1 picks will succeed. 15 and 26 will be busts. a 5 will be a bust and the 6s he isn't sure? Not sure that is anything earth shattering.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what im thinking....which wouldn't make sense because i have a list of like 200 that should be banned before him on SportsHoopla.

@trojanfan12 any idea what happened?
As someone who has been banned your posts don't disappear. And anyway if he was I'd have been willing to take one for the team and be banned for him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Craig Ehlo on Ron Harper: 'I don't really remember him during our time wanting to play defense that much'

@Shanemansj13 @dtgold88

What do you guys think of Ehlo's comment about him being put on MJ instead of Harper for The Shot?
I believe Ehlo. Harper might have become a solid defensive player, but I don't recall him having that label when he was still here (could be wrong....just don't recall).

As for The Shot? Ehlo might have made a mistake or 2, but Nance was a stud defender and also let MJ get away. One of those times blame isn't needed...just credit MJ.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@Shanemansj13 @dtgold88

To be fair, if you have others around you that play great defense it can reflect and help a player blossom, it can also look like they are a better defensive player than they really are...so who knows. Elho probably is just saying what he thought at the time.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sushi said he was gonna lay low after the whole lockdown in San Fran started

Is that who people were referring to?
Sure but laying low by not going online? That's about the only thing we're still allowed to do LOL

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Ehlo. Harper might have become a solid defensive player, but I don't recall him having that label when he was still here (could be wrong....just don't recall).

As for The Shot? Ehlo might have made a mistake or 2, but Nance was a stud defender and also let MJ get away. One of those times blame isn't needed...just credit MJ.
Didn't MJ himself in the documentary say it should have been Harper on him?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't MJ himself in the documentary say it should have been Harper on him?
He did....but not like he didn't have his way against Harper when he was on him (also possible he remembers the Harper who played with him and became a stud defender)....and Nance was also on him and is a plus defender (and MJ lost him).

If there was a mistake, maybe it was not defending the in bounds.

None of this to say Harper wouldn't have done better. Who knows? Hell, might have done better and still given up a bucket.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did....but not like he didn't have his way against Harper when he was on him (also possible he remembers the Harper who played with him and became a stud defender)....and Nance was also on him and is a plus defender (and MJ lost him).

If there was a mistake, maybe it was not defending the in bounds.

None of this to say Harper wouldn't have done better. Who knows? Hell, might have done better and still given up a bucket.
Yeah I don't think it would have mattered much. MJ was MJ, entering his prime

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Wamu

Pistons/Celtics 88 is on NBA TV. McHale and Isiah are commenting on it

Good watch

(For me....not so much you)

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you ignore what MJ did with DaBulls & only focus on what he did with the Wizards he's the most overrated NBAer of all time.

0579aa860ff29128f3fcb9bbb187d65f.gif