• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just look at the graphs, the exponential growth trend has definitively been broken and things are going in our favor.

You're the last person to know apparently. But look, as I said it doesn't matter what you or I think or type here. Either we'll beat this or we won't. I think we will.
Moving goalposts now?

Growth rate did slow.

I concede that.

But, deaths aren't down.

Infections aren't down.

Lmfao

Hey, the good news is....

If my grocery store runs out of toilet paper, I can use your promise and most of your posts to wipe my ass with.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

Armageddon vs. Candyland.

I prefer to prepare for the worst hope for the best.

That's fine, but anyone who could do math knew some of the numbers we were seeing were beyond absurd. I mean, Dr. Double Down here said we would be getting 10k cases per day. In Ohio (not a misprint). Highest day so far (as of last time I looked a couple days ago) was around 400, so only 9600 short of our worst day.

I don't think anyone thinks being in healthcare for this as opposed to not is a big difference.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine, but anyone who could do math knew some of the numbers we were seeing were beyond absurd. I mean, Dr. Double Down here said we would be getting 10k cases per day. In Ohio (not a misprint). Highest day so far (as of last time I looked a couple days ago) was around 400, so only 9600 short of our worst day.

I don't think anyone thinks being in healthcare for this as opposed to not is a big difference.
Yeah, he went way over.

Devil's advocate...

I'd rather be in Ohio where his miscalculation caused people to be overly cautious over being in Florida, NOLA, New York where they went on with Mardi Gras, Spring Break and the virus ran roughshod because of it.

There are dangers in both extremes.

But, I haven't read any stories about civil unrest, murders in Ohio because Dr Doom lost his shit and went overboard.

People lost their lives in the other extreme.

Besides scaring the shit out of people, running out of TP....what negatives have you seen?

Being on quarantine is the first time I have been able to see what experiences people not related to me have had in a meaningful way.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he went way over.

Devil's advocate...

I'd rather be in Ohio where his miscalculation caused people to be overly cautious over being in Florida, NOLA, New York where they went on with Mardi Gras, Spring Break and the virus ran roughshod because of it.

There are dangers in both extremes.

But, I haven't read any stories about civil unrest, murders in Ohio because Dr Doom lost his shit and went overboard.

People lost their lives in the other extreme.
Dr. Doom is a female FYI. Never said anyone lost lives because of the comments. Only that some of the doom and gllom numbers were beyond absurd...because they were. And, yeah, if it convinced stupid people to stay home who otherwise might not have then job well done.

also said 40-60% of Ohioans would get it. That's about 5-8 mil. I think that is about 4.25 mil off the low end.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moving goalposts now?

Growth rate did slow.

I concede that.

But, deaths aren't down.

Infections aren't down.

Lmfao

Hey, the good news is....

If my grocery store runs out of toilet paper, I can use your promise and most of your posts to wipe my ass with.
You've lost your mind, but I love ya

It's getting better, I PROMISE

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Link?

The U.S. continues to see a sharp rise in cases and deaths. On April 8, there were roughly 400,000 confirmed cases and 14,500 reported deaths.

Coronavirus USA: Another State Passes 1,000 Deaths As Cases Climb

Confirmed

+30,354

Deaths
+2,364

Recovered
+6,215

Ultimately the key is sheer math. Morbid or not we need the death + recovered to pass up the total amount of critical patients.

I think critical is at 12k

But again looking at it as a total Is a bit misleading because of how terrible new York and the Northeast is. The rest of the country isn't nearly as bad off minus some pockets.

My cousin is obviously having a rough go in Detroit as an example. (believe I mentioned she's a nurse there). But fortunately there hasn't been a major flight of those folks to Toledo. That's where it gets problematic if Ohio opens as a whole. For me the Toledo proximity is a bit of a concern.

Really as this rolls out there should be stiff penalties for breaking state quarantine. I get the whole inter-state commerce stuff but the first thing new Yorkers will do when something opens is hop on a plane to vacation.

It's a tough deal.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dr. Doom is a female FYI. Never said anyone lost lives. Only that some of the doom and gllom numbers were beyond absurd...because they were.

also said 40-60% of Ohioans would get it. That's about 5-8 mil. I think that is about 4.25 mil off the low end.
Yeah, so far, even Fauci had the numbers wrong.

I'm sure they are ecstatic to be wrong.

My hope is that when testing becomes wide soread, the numbers don't jump.

This shouldn't surprise anyone. But, now that tests are more readily available, Ohio's Healthcare system is tacking a hit.

Ohio health care workers test positive for COVID-19 at alarming rate

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ultimately the key is sheer math. Morbid or not we need the death + recovered to pass up the total amount of critical patients.

I think critical is at 12k

But again looking at it as a total Is a bit misleading because of how terrible new York and the Northeast is. The rest of the country isn't nearly as bad off minus some pockets.

My cousin is obviously having a rough go in Detroit as an example. (believe I mentioned she's a nurse there). But fortunately there hasn't been a major flight of those folks to Toledo. That's where it gets problematic if Ohio opens as a whole. For me the Toledo proximity is a bit of a concern.

Really as this rolls out there should be stiff penalties for breaking state quarantine. I get the whole inter-state commerce stuff but the first thing new Yorkers will do when something opens is hop on a plane to vacation.

It's a tough deal.
Dude, people in healthcare have some serious life choices to make.

I just linked this in another post.

But, it's getting scarier.....

I still haven't been tested.

Hope your Cousin and everyone else fulfilling their oath is okay.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, so far, even Fauci had the numbers wrong.

I'm sure they are ecstatic to be wrong.

My hope is that when testing becomes wide soread, the numbers don't jump.

This shouldn't surprise anyone. But, now that tests are more readily available, Ohio's Healthcare system is tacking a hit.

I think it's just because they're actually testing them.

I have no doubt our states total is likely closer to 100k infected than 10k. And our death totals seem a touch low.

Mortality rate is prob closer to 1 or a little less.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, people in healthcare have some serious life choices to make.

I just linked this in another post.

But, it's getting scarier.....

I still haven't been tested.

Hope your Cousin and everyone else fulfilling their oath is okay.

She's been good she's just plugging away. Obviously busy trying not to think of the bad outcome possibilities.

I've kind of been of the mindset I will get it because I am exposed to the public as much as anyone save the nurse, doctor, cop crowd. Wash my hands extra and just do my thing.

Obviously it's much more jarring at your level and I applaud what you all do.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's just because they're actually testing them.

I have no doubt our states total is likely closer to 100k infected than 10k. And our death totals seem a touch low.

Mortality rate is prob closer to 1 or a little less.
I'm astonished it isn't worse here in Arizona.

They just closed hair, nail salons and barber shops last Saturday.

Stay at home order was issued 3 days prior.

I actually eat down in a Dennys and Ihop to eat last week.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm astonished it isn't worse here in Arizona.

They just closed hair, nail salons and barber shops last Saturday.

Stay at home order was issued 3 days prior.

I actually eat down in a Dennys and Ihop to eat last week.

I think the weather must stifle it some. Considering how many old people are in Florida you haven't seen the rash of deaths like other places. For California to be relatively ok is pretty remarkable.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She's been good she's just plugging away. Obviously busy trying not to think of the bad outcome possibilities.

I've kind of been of the mindset I will get it because I am exposed to the public as much as anyone save the nurse, doctor, cop crowd. Wash my hands extra and just do my thing.

Obviously it's much more jarring at your level and I applaud what you all do.
Yeah, I appreciate it.

But, save your applause for the Firemen, First Responders, Doctors, Nurses, Military who are active.

I'm off for the next month.

I'm going to get tested after my quarantine and I can't wait to go home.

I have never been away from my kids this long.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the weather must stifle it some. Considering how many old people are in Florida you haven't seen the rash of deaths like other places. For California to be relatively ok is pretty remarkable.
My whole Family is in California.

They jumped on the self quarantine bandwagon quickly.

So far, nobody in my family has it and that's out of 32 people.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I appreciate it.

But, save your applause for the Firemen, First Responders, Doctors, Nurses, Military who are active.

I'm off for the next month.

I'm going to get tested after my quarantine and I can't wait to go home.

I have never been away from my kids this long.

I'm sure you more than earned your time off