• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I also heard today that the Lakers have completed their quarantine and they are clear of the virus.

So, that's the Jazz and Lakers that have been cleared.

Do we know of any others?

Marcus Smart is cleared of it

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hilarious man. He's not even considering the following facts:

1) There's been zero talk of cancelling the season. Everyone is committed to playing into late August if that's what it takes to complete the season

2) There's been talk of only playing in a couple locations to avoid the back and forth travel to different cities
Maybe he can tell the Raptors not to participate

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said before to @msgkings322 , I trust the actual experts over anyone on here (myself included). The NBA is already willing to extend the season into late August and this thing is going to peak within the next month according to all the experts

Assuming news of flattening curves is true, I'd bet they could start some sort of mini training camp in mid to late May, get 5 or so games played and then go into the playoffs mid to late June.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you're not grasping is that this thing isn't the same everywhere.

New York is extremely crowded and people are stacked on top of one another. So, bks has to be a helluva lot more careful leaving his house than I do leaving mine because I'm in a much less populated area and folks are more spread out.

Additionally, curves are beginning to flatten. If memory serves, I heard yesterday that Italy (the hardest hit country with numbers we can trust) has experienced a decrease for 4 straight days.

As bks points out, cancelling the season isn't even being discussed at this point.

There have even been comments that the NBA could finish the season in August, start next season on Christmas Day and then going forward have seasons start on Christmas Day and run through August. It would pretty much eliminate having to compete directly with the NFL and CFB for viewers and the season would end before the baseball playoffs eliminating competing with those as well.

And finally, Canada is behind the United States in getting this thing. So, you will hit peaks later and your curves will flatten later because of that.

sounds like you have this all worked out

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what i am saying has nothing to do with toronto or canada

keep minimizing things
a magic wand will happen and by june everything will be normal

this is much bigger then sports right now

just being realistic
No you're being overly pessimistic. Life will get back to something resembling normal, this year, probably by summer. Yes there may be secondary outbreaks but we will be ready for them, and with targeted measures to contain them. It does no good to pretend that nothing is wrong, and it does no good to act like everything is awful forever. Find the middle way.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you're being overly pessimistic. Life will get back to something resembling normal, this year, probably by summer. Yes there may be secondary outbreaks but we will be ready for them, and with targeted measures to contain them. It does no good to pretend that nothing is wrong, and it does no good to act like everything is awful forever. Find the middle way.

Agree 100%

But I still have me a Rick Grimes hat, a gun and a walking stick with a sharpened end that I keep by the front door in case I go out and find zombies in my neighborhood.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trust me, last time i was there i wasn't that fortunate...

well, not til i got upstate, anyways...

Yeah, part of the reason I don't attend more games, concerts, etc. live is because I hate crowds. If I ever went to New York, I'd have to learn to levitate.

I don't mind it once everyone is in their seats and the game, concert, etc. is going on.

But before and after (especially after), I'm the guy moving through the crowd as fast as I can weaving in and out of people. A couple of my friends say I'm probably the world record holder for the "Getting The Fuck Out Of A Crowd As Fast As Possible" category. lol

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The American Government has a best case senario that 100k to 250k will die.

how many have so far

and you think the NBA is at the top of the list

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

how many have so far

3,850 people have died in the US so far

So to the experts out here. When do you think the 100k numbers happens

or the 250k

this is far from being close to being over

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

how many have so far

I just saw that. Like with so many things, the American government is wrong. There's no way that happens with the measures we are taking. Only way that happens is if deaths accelerate from here, with all the measures being taken. Instead of decelerating like they are now.
They are underpromising to overdeliver.
But whatever, if it feels good to panic go on ahead.