• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corona didn't stop Spring break.....SMH.
I'm convinced we're the dumbest country. Brazil had their police (through one video I saw), fly helicopters low along the beach line as to cause beach goers to leave. Meanwhile, our beaches are completely open and occupied.

Reactions: DJ

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long has it been since you've seen your wife in person? I have a friend out in LA who, long story short - his GF experienced a series heart attacks in one day, had her leg amputated as a result and has a hyper sensitive immune system. So he hasn't seen her since the start of March because she's been living like everyone's infected (can't blame her).

Tuesday of last week. They had ordered some groceries and couldn't get any bread. I had gotten bored earlier in the day and baked a couple of loaves, so I took one over to them.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm convinced we're the dumbest country. Brazil had their police (through one video I saw), fly helicopters low along the beach line as to cause beach goers to leave. Meanwhile, our beaches are completely open and occupied.

See, to me, when it comes to beaches, parks and other outdoor activities it depends.

I've seen beach pictures where there are a bunch of people partying and hanging out together. That's not real bright.

But I've also seen pictures where people were at the beach with well over 6 feet of distance between them, which wouldn't be an issue.

I also saw one of guys playing pickup basketball. On one court, there were teams of 5 guys each. Unless they all somehow knew they weren't infected...not the best idea.

On another court, it was 2 guys playing 1 on 1. That's probably fine if they were friends or family members.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor healthcare, perhaps?

That is a huge factor as well.

Louisiana happens to be one of the states with the highest obesity rates.

Might be a coincidence here, but I read that obesity is another health condition that could put someone at greater risk for severe complications from Coronavirus.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Louisiana happens to be one of the states with the highest obesity rates.

Might be a coincidence here, but I read that obesity is another health condition that could put someone at greater risk for severe complications from Coronavirus.

Makes sense. I had a friend who, at one point in his life, weighed over 600 pounds.

After watching him struggle to catch his breath after something as simple as walking across a street...I can only imagine what an illness that attacks the respiratory system could have done to him.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tuesday of last week. They had ordered some groceries and couldn't get any bread. I had gotten bored earlier in the day and baked a couple of loaves, so I took one over to them.

Husband of the Year!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, a couple of weeks ago I was talking to a Property Manager down in Key West. She said she got hit by a cold/flu in January that put her in bed for 5 days. Never happened to her. She said she it's possible that thing already made its rounds down in the Keys.

That doesn't seem out of the ordinary for the flu IMO.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long has it been since you've seen your wife in person? I have a friend out in LA who, long story short - his GF experienced a series heart attacks in one day, had her leg amputated as a result and has a hyper sensitive immune system. So he hasn't seen her since the start of March because she's been living like everyone's infected (can't blame her).

wow...!

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's proof that none of us have any idea who will be harshly affected and who won't.

All these morons running around saying it's only killing old people and people who have previous medical problems are talking out of their asses.

Maybe you guys are unaware that viruses have a way of mutating, changing, becoming resistant to medications.

If that's the case, maybe stop spouting half truths , like they are facts.

Because, there are a lot of folks dumb enough to believe shit they read on a random website, hear some Yahoo spouting on Instagram.

None of us have any idea.

That includes the nurses, Doctors and random assholes on the internet.
agree......and those claiming millions or 10s of millions will die from this.

But last I'll say on his mom is her getting very sick doesn't really tell us anything (or make those look foolish who claimed it's just the flu) as thousands get very sick from the flu, as well.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People need to stop comparing this to the standard flu. It is not helping.

People talking this down are way too focused on individual patients and how sick they do or don’t get.

That is not what makes this virus so dangerous. It is how quickly and easily it spreads. Sorry, but I have never seen seasonal flu take over a city like covid19 has taken over NY. The flu does not do that. People get sick more easily and they stay sick longer.
No disagreement....but trying to claim some sort of "win" because Towns' mom got very sick from this is a little off base. People get very sick from the flu, as well.

No...this does not mean I believe this is the same as the standard flu.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree......and those claiming millions or 10s of millions will die from this.

But last I'll say on his mom is her getting very sick doesn't really tell us anything (or make those look foolish who claimed it's just the flu) as thousands get very sick from the flu, as well.

Lmfao

Right.

2 seemingly healthy people in the same house contract the virus.

One recovers and is out of the hospital, the other in a coma.

What on God's green earth would lead anyone in the CDC , John Hopkins, the local CVS down the block, the homeless wino on the corner to believe this virus is unpredictable and can't be managed the same as the flu?

Well, outside of the fact that it can't be cured...

Lives on surfaces longer....

And is completely different in every way possible?

As long as you ignore all that, sure.

You are completely correct.

Lmfao

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, a couple of weeks ago I was talking to a Property Manager down in Key West. She said she got hit by a cold/flu in January that put her in bed for 5 days. Never happened to her. She said she it's possible that thing already made its rounds down in the Keys.
Have to say I've wondered if I had it. Had what I thought was the flu in the earlier part of March. Mostly extremely achy and though never checked fairly certain I had a fever. Not a terrible cough but a cough. Son got something after me. Had what I did but also was throwing up a little.

Guessing "just" the flu, but who knows?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No disagreement....but trying to claim some sort of "win" because Towns' mom got very sick from this is a little off base. People get very sick from the flu, as well.

No...this does not mean I believe this is the same as the standard flu.
You are so quick to argue that you don't take the extra 5 seconds to comprehend what's being said.

My stance is, was, has always been this:

You can't use the flu as a blueprint for containing this virus and you can't use what has happened in other parts of the world as a definitive course of action because we don't know enough about it.

In the beginning, it was killing, heavily impacting people 60 and older or those not healthy only.

That is no longer the case.

The situation is fluid, it changes daily.

It is nothing like the flu, that has been debunked by every legitimate institution around the world.

But, do continue to chase your tail.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmfao

Right.

2 seemingly healthy people in the same house contract the virus.

One recovers and is out of the hospital, the other in a coma.

What on God's green earth would lead anyone in the CDC , John Hopkins, the local CVS down the block, the homeless wino on the corner to believe this virus is unpredictable and can't be managed the same as the flu?

Well, outside of the fact that it can't be cured...

Lives on surfaces longer....

And is completely different in every way possible?

As long as you ignore all that, sure.

You are completely correct.

Lmfao
You get I am only talking about Towns' mom and agree CVID-19 is not the same as the flu?

"completely different in every way possible" though?

Both can cause aches, fever, cough and death among other issues/symptoms.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are so quick to argue that you don't take the extra 5 seconds to comprehend what's being said.

My stance is, was, has always been this:

You can't use the flu as a blueprint for containing this virus and you can't use what has happened in other parts of the world as a definitive course of action because we don't know enough about it.

In the beginning, it was killing, heavily impacting people 60 and older or those not healthy only.

That is no longer the case.

The situation is fluid, it changes daily.

It is nothing like the flu, that has been debunked by every legitimate institution around the world.

But, do continue to chase your tail.
you were doing very, very well until the "nothing like the flu" comment. Agree with everything else, as I have the entire time.....yet you continue to want to argue for some reason.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You get I am only talking about Towns' mom and agree CVID-19 is not the same as the flu?

"completely different in every way possible" though?

Both can cause aches, fever, cough and death among other issues/symptoms.
Seriously, Bro...

I don't have the time nor inclination to explain this to you.

Read it for yourself.

Coronavirus Is Bad. Comparing It to the Flu Is Worse

No, Coronavirus Isn't 'Just Like The Flu'. Here Are The Very Important Differences

'It's not like flu': Doctor's warning to those underestimating coronavirus

https://frugallivingontheranch.com/2020/03/03/coronavirus-is-not-like-the-flu/

Coronavirus symptoms: 'This is NOT like the flu' - Boris tells UK to take danger seriously