• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me?

Oh, no....

That was just a measured response. I have been clear all year, and by clear I mean OBNOXIOUS, about the fact that the Clippers are better.

When I say they have to show it, I mean against every other team that's not wearing purple and gold.

They get up for the Lakers and will turn around and get blown out by the Griz, Suns, Hawks.

Great teams don't repeatedly have those types of lapses.
They won't do that in the playoffs. No guarantee they win it all but they won't half ass it there.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
source.gif
You'll see. Be objective and think about it....he's already showing something and hasn't even been out there with both Steph and Klay.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll see. Be objective and think about it....he's already showing something and hasn't even been out there with both Steph and Klay.

Either way GS is stuck with him for another 3 years

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Wiggins hate by some is laughable

This guy is going to be a stud for Golden State

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why?

You need an L Saturday.

As of today, Warriors on track to have the worst record. Don’t win too many and screw up those lottery odds.

Because it would be really good to see them both on the court together again... that’s all, nothing more.
Pretty sure their draft standing isn’t in any immediate danger of getting any worse than the 1st or 2nd pick.
Also, the FO and coach Kerr will play it smart in these last remaining 19 games to ensure nothing is jeopardized.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Wiggins hate by some is laughable

This guy is going to be a stud for Golden State

Yeah but it's not like Wiggins doesn't deserve the hate...dude was being compared to greats and has underperformed. Don't get me wrong he can score the ball but he is like a better version of Harrison Barnes imo

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but it's not like Wiggins doesn't deserve the hate...dude was being compared to greats and has underperformed. Don't get me wrong he can score the ball but he is like a better version of Harrison Barnes imo
So explain to me why it's his fault he was picked first overall? Explain to me why he was compared to other greats? How is that his fault?
If he is a better version of Harrison Barnes then the Warriors got a steal

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So explain to me why it's his fault he was picked first overall? Explain to me why he was compared to other greats? How is that his fault?
Haters gonna hate. He'll see.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's going to be a better, more efficient player on the Ws. Just like KD was. Please don't be dumb and say I'm saying he's as good as KD.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What did he do to deserve all the hate though? Did he compare himself to all time greats or did the media overhype him? My guess is the media put those unrealistic expectations on him.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You get picked #1 bc of how you play in HS, his ability...he has underachieved since he has gotten into the league, plain and simple...so yeah whether it is work ethic on defense, practicing, adjusting to the league, etc. We have watched him play in college and how good he can play defensively so him lacking is really underachieving. Not all his fault, a lot of factors. He will have to adjust to the Warriors style of play.

Getting D-Lo somehow out of KD was a steal...so they downgraded bc DLo wasn't a good fit for their future. Wiggins could be a better fit but it is still a downgrade. I compared him to Barnes as a player...not a steal in the overall picture. Wiggins will continue to get disrespected until he proves he can live up to the hype...just a little. With all the attention not on him now...there is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON he should perform at higher level so if he plays bad your comment will look even worse.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did he do to deserve all the hate though? Did he compare himself to all time greats or did the media overhype him? My guess is the media put those unrealistic expectations on him.

Unrealistic expectations after being drafted #1 overall? That's what getting drafted #1 comes with...pressure. Just like any number one pick...it doesn't matter what he said or didn't say. It's his play that is simply overhyped, so yes that has everything to do with him not living up to expectations. Ben Simmons gets hate all the time and he is a hell of a lot better than Wiggins

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unrealistic expectations after being drafted #1 overall? That's what getting drafted #1 comes with...pressure. Just like any number one pick...it doesn't matter what he said or didn't say. It's his play that is simply overhyped, so yes that has everything to do with him not living up to expectations. Ben Simmons gets hate all the time and he is a hell of a lot better than Wiggins

Talking about # 1 overall picks. Anthony Bennett. Markelle Fultz. Wiggins is much better than both of them. So why don't you have an issue with those former # 1 picks?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot to shout out Marquese Chriss last night. Dude has been amazing all year. He's going to be a major contributor next year, possibly even starter over Looney.

Last night he had 17 pts, 12 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 blocks, 1 steal.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes and no. I get your point, but it's not like Wiggins came into the league talking himself up and telling everyone how great he was going to be. Those things were said about him, not by him.

To a certain extent, it's fine to criticize him for not living up to expectations. But maybe some of the criticism is coming from folks who were over the top on their praise of him and want to make that his fault.

Sometimes a player just needs a change of scenery.. Maybe that's the case with him?

I will say though, if he doesn't get a lot closer to living up to those expectations with the Warriors, I doubt he ever will.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You get picked #1 bc of how you play in HS, his ability...he has underachieved since he has gotten into the league, plain and simple...so yeah whether it is work ethic on defense, practicing, adjusting to the league, etc. We have watched him play in college and how good he can play defensively so him lacking is really underachieving. Not all his fault, a lot of factors. He will have to adjust to the Warriors style of play.

Getting D-Lo somehow out of KD was a steal...so they downgraded bc DLo wasn't a good fit for their future. Wiggins could be a better fit but it is still a downgrade. I compared him to Barnes as a player...not a steal in the overall picture. Wiggins will continue to get disrespected until he proves he can live up to the hype...just a little. With all the attention not on him now...there is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON he should perform at higher level so if he plays bad your comment will look even worse.
Anthony Bennett.