• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well depending on how serious this Simmons injury is, it may not really matter since we will be a paper tiger in the playoffs.

Yeah, backs are tricky. It happening with him being this young can be good or bad.

Bad in the sense that if it becomes a chronic problem, it could hurt his career.

Good in the sense that it may just be a temporary thing that he'll recover from and it won't be an issue again.

Hopefully it's the latter (he needs to be fully healthy when Lebron retires in a couple of seasons and he comes to the Lakers :nod:).

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't expecting the Rob Pelinka Kobe story to get me choked up but that was the one. Rob was likely the last person (outside of those on the helicopter) he spoke to. They were texting while Kobe was on the helicopter

Yeah, that one was rough.

Vanessa Bryant was a rough one too. She talked about Gianna and I was thinking, that poor woman just had to talk about the daughter she had to bury this month and now has to talk about talk about the husband she had to bury this month.

On a lighter note, I can't decide which was the better line...

MJ with "Now I'm gonna have to look at another crying meme for..."

Or Shaq with "Kobe, there's no "I" in team". "I know, but there's an "M-E" in that motherfucker".

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?

Damn.... is she cooked?

Crazy that Mya is giving up her prime years.

She can garner more attention for prison reform is she plays.

Well, Augustus is 35. She averaged 26 minutes per game in 33 games in 2018, but only 13 minutes in 12 games last year (I assume she was injured).

She certainly isn't going to be leading the team like she may have in her younger days.

But her experience could be helpful at times.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious about something this.

With the game winding down and the Hawks out of reach, Embiid was walking the ball to half court making no real effort to score.

Kevin Huerter runs behind him to steal the ball so that the Hawks could get another shot to make it a 14 point game with 30 seconds left, which they missed.

Does anyone think that Huerter should get criticized for this? Players get all worked up when someone shoots with a big lead in that situation. Isn't this the sort of player that justifies shooting or taking the easy basket?

Embiid of course with the standard Embiid response of flipping him the bird.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious about something this.

With the game winding down and the Hawks out of reach, Embiid was walking the ball to half court making no real effort to score.

Kevin Huerter runs behind him to steal the ball so that the Hawks could get another shot to make it a 14 point game with 30 seconds left, which they missed.

Does anyone think that Huerter should get criticized for this? Players get all worked up when someone shoots with a big lead in that situation. Isn't this the sort of player that justifies shooting or taking the easy basket?

Embiid of course with the standard Embiid response of flipping him the bird.

I don't know about that.

But I was wondering what Embiid was doing still playing in a game that was already decided? Especially with his injury history.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about that.

But I was wondering what Embiid was doing still playing in a game that was already decided? Especially with his injury history.

It was a 7 point game with less than 3 minutes left in the game. Sixers pulled away in the final 2 minutes.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a 7 point game with less than 3 minutes left in the game. Sixers pulled away in the final 2 minutes.

Okay. That makes more sense.

I just saw the highlights and was thinking they did it just so he could beat his previous highest scoring game.

I humbly apologize to Brett Brown for calling him a moron. lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team going to lose to the Cavs after being up 21 late in the 3rd. This team is such an embarrassment

KPJ looking like the best of the young bunch.
They need to trade Love even if it isn't for much.
And I think Sexton or Garland needs to go, not sure that combo can work. I would give it more time but Sexton is the best bet to go.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny that Drummond was on the bench for all of this.

Is Drummond really looking like the MUCH better option than TT for the money. Maybe Drummond just needs to get chemistry with his new team but ever since TT kinda took a backseat he's stepped up his game again.

So lets say TT gets a contract around the same value as his last contract. $16M a year.
Drummond gets extended for probably around $32-$34 a year.

I'm not saying TT is a better player and Drummond is also younger but is he worth double the salary?...no way imo

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I think Sexton or Garland needs to go, not sure that combo can work. I would give it more time but Sexton is the best bet to go.

Didn't want to rush to judgment since I barely watch Cavs games but yeah, KPJ looked like the best of the 3 by FAR

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't want to rush to judgment since I barely watch Cavs games but yeah, KPJ looked like the best of the 3 by FAR

Yep. Just looking at stats you would think Sexton is the best but the defense really isn't improving...not saying the effort isn't there but the lack of size really hurt at the 2. If you have a PG that doesn't play great defense and a little undersized you can overcome it...not so much at the 2.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long have I been saying this?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long have I been saying this?

Yeah you loved KPJ from the start. I loved where they got him in the draft though, that was a steal. But got to say he is improving WAY earlier than I thought and getting valuable minutes. He played 40 freaking minutes last night lol.

And yeah, you have been on the Sexton is out train as well, still not sure if they will trade him but it seems like the move that would make the most sense at this point.

You nailed it

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gino also spoke well and was very emotional yesterday.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait for this Lakers-Pels game....off for the next 2 days.