• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw the Warriors are only 3.7M away from the Tax line. They could be in line to shed some contracts soon and make it this year under the tax. If they do they at least won't have to worry about a repeater tax when they land Giannis.

Word around the NBA is AD will be joining the Warriors next year. Dammit I meant he'll be joining the Bucks. My bad. :doh:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it has way more to do with China and split interest.

Let's see what ratings look like after the Superbowl.

Speaking of the S.B. I hope there's at least one good commerical on Sunday. Janet Jackson & that Timberland fella fucked everything up.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suspension is warranted but oddly enough, I can kind of see how one could have gotten it wrong initially. They probably heard Kobe, his daughter, and another family were killed in the crash and that got misconstrued into Kobe and his family were killed. But that's exactly why they need to slow down and verify. I'm just saying I can see how they fucked that up.

The people that reported Rick Fox though? They just need to be straight up fired. That appeared to be nothing but a wild rumor and some sources actually ran with it which put that man's family and friends thru hell.

The race to be right has become the race to be first.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breh, the all-star game was just fine the way it was. Highlights for the 1st half, picks up for the 3rd quarter, and an all out battle in the fourth. NBA messed up on that one. I realize that they are trying to honor Kobe, but there were plenty of better ways to do it without conpletely changing the game imo

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone talking about Shaq and Lebron's reactions, but don't forget about Pau

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool story about Coach Pop and Jayson Tatum and the Team USA experience...

'I hope I haven't offended you': The potential of Jayson Tatum

'AS SOON AS he appeared on screen, stomach lurching, he uttered the lament.

"Oh no."

Jayson Tatum instinctively withered in his seat, shrinking lower as if that would somehow make him invisible.

It didn't. And as Kemba Walker, Khris Middleton and Donovan Mitchell turned their attention to Tatum with equal parts sympathy and amusement, he braced himself for what was coming next.

"I wish I could be you!" boomed USA Basketball coach Gregg Popovich, striding toward the young Boston Celtics forward in a film room in China. "Then I could stand in the corner with my 7-foot-long arms down by my side and not move while players go past me!"

Popovich halted in front of Tatum, imitating his slumped position as his teammates unsuccessfully stifled peals of laughter. Then, the coach smiled, tapped Tatum's shoulder reassuringly, and clicked the frame forward to unearth the next defensive truant.

"It kind of reminded me of college," Tatum says, when asked about the moment some five months later. "Coach Pop and Coach K have similar personalities in how they lead. Pop enjoys calling you out in front of everyone.

"Confrontation, you know? It really makes you think about rising to the challenge."

"It was awesome," says Marcus Smart, who was in the film room with the U.S. squad. "Pop brings out the intensity by doing that, makes you want to be great."

What Smart and the others were not privy to was what happened in the days that followed that film session. Tatum was hustling to pick up his training gear when he ran into Popovich in the hallway. He motioned for Tatum to take a seat on a bench next to the elevator, slung his arm around the 21-year old, and explained why he singled him out.

"Do you know how special you can be?" Popovich asked. "There are very few two-way players in our game, and you have the opportunity to be one of them. You could be like Kawhi [Leonard] and Paul George."

Tatum was so surprised he didn't answer at first, prompting Popovich to hastily add, "I hope I haven't offended you."

"Offended me?" Tatum said. "That's a compliment!
'

-------------

What's amazing is... it has worked. I never thought Tatum would be much of a defender, but dude has turned it on this season. The stat's don't lie:

'Tatum excels at defending pick-and-rolls, according to Second Spectrum tracking data. Boston allows 0.82 points per play when Tatum defends the ball handler on screens, the sixth-best mark in the league among players to face at least 300 picks. And he boosts the team's overall defense. The Celtics have posted a 101.8 defensive rating with Tatum on the court, and a 107.3 defensive rating when he sits.'

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know most on here don't listen to rap but man that Drake "Stay Schemin" line hits sooo different now. It was a popular line before for other reasons but now when I hear it, i immediately think of Kobe's death.

"Kobe My N—- hate it to have to be him"

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So proud of CP3.

People were making him out to be some bum this summer. He is having a great season

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So proud of CP3.

People were making him out to be some bum this summer. He is having a great season
I have always been harsh on him but this year he has been a true pro.
OKC is a great story this year

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like thing have worked out well for Chris Paul and Russell Westbrook. Both have solid seasons so far.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking of all the parents who died with their children on Sunday in that helicopter crash. Wonder if they were all able to get a final word in with their little girls or if it happened so suddenly where they didn't have a chance to say anything

My guess is the so suddenly part.
They were only 20-30 feet from clearing what they hit.