• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I tend to agree with that. There's decline, but I don't think it's as much of one as it looks like right now.

One thing's for sure...we'll find out next year.
What will we find out, though? That when surrounded by stars he can be useful? Not sure who doubted that. Point is good players can play well on bad teams. Even when the other team does not really care what he does he still can't do much.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite possibly. Play making power forward with no one to set up kind of makes his production hard. Not like a career non scorer was all of a sudden going to average 20 a game.
Kind of makes him Larry Nance, Jr.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. He may well have declined some since 2016. But, he also is only 29. So it seems a little early for a decline of any real significance, even with the mileage he's picked up over the past 5 years or so. I think it's certainly possible that he's had an early decline, but I think that what you suggest is probably more likely.

Draymond is more of a Swiss Army Knife type player. Because of that, keeping the ball moving and getting it to the right guy is a big part of what he does. His assists are going to suffer because he's not passing to Steph, Klay and KD anymore.

Also, his points per game would also suffer because he's never been a player known for his scoring and being able to create his own shot. He gets most of his points because teams couldn't leave Klay, Steph or KD to double him. It's more likely that a team would leave him to double them.
so in ideal circumstances for himself he can be useful.

anything less then not useful.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the best way to describe Draymond is an all-star level role player. When he's at his peak, he's incredibly valuable to those AROUND him. He's not the central cog, but he's a necessity to team success.

People make it out like it's a bad thing that he has a ceiling. Most players do. It's the ones who go outside of their lanes to try to do too much that end up faltering. Now I will say that next year he needs to come correct. He'll need to be in impeccable shape and return back to close to his DPOY form. 2017-2019, he slacked because KD was just a cheat code. He needs to get back to being 2015-2016 Draymond for this team to be successful.
I think this is a fine description. Though seems he is only valuable to those around him if they are good players. My only disagreement in the convo is with anyone who thinks he's as good a player overall than Kevin Love. Green is certainly a useful player under the right circumstances, and better than most role players.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah what a bunch of BS. Gotta free NBA league pass preview from the 20th to the 26th. Only one game on today. I'm getting robbed!
Ton of games today and Wednesday. Not sure the reasoning to have so many those days and only 1 tonight.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not quite sure how it works. I tried watching a game yesterday on League Pass (think it was Raptors v Hawks) and couldn't because it was on NBA TV
Yeah, they block it if it's on NBA TV.

My question is why can't you watch it?

Is NBA TV not part of your basic cable package?

I know some cable companies are weird.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a fine description. Though seems he is only valuable to those around him if they are good players. My only disagreement in the convo is with anyone who thinks he's as good a player overall than Kevin Love. Green is certainly a useful player under the right circumstances, and better than most role players.

Honestly depends on their role. Would you agree that Love and Green are most likely 3rd options on a championship caliber team? I don't see a real scenario in which Love is a #2 option for a championship worthy team and same applies to Green.

In that scenario, it's more likely the #1 and #2 which determine who is the more useful player. Playing next to Steph and Klay, Draymond is much better as a #3 option for a wide variety of reasons. However lets say in a situation like the Clippers, Kevin Love would be a much more useful player next to Kawhi and PG than Draymond.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure but think it might be part of an extra sports package.
Oh...

Wow... they really nickel and dime folks.

We bundle our cable, internet, phone and alarm for $220.

We get quite a few extras.

HBO, Stars, Hulu, Prime, Disney Plus, Espn plus.

NFL and NBA TV are included.

But, we had to sign a 3 year contract.

Still worth it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they block it if it's on NBA TV.

My question is why can't you watch it?

Is NBA TV not part of your basic cable package?

I know some cable companies are weird.

I think it's like an extra $10 a month. Usually I wouldn't mind it but I don't really like NBA TV

There are usually 'other ways' to watch games.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly depends on their role. Would you agree that Love and Green are most likely 3rd options on a championship caliber team? I don't see a real scenario in which Love is a #2 option for a championship worthy team and same applies to Green.

In that scenario, it's more likely the #1 and #2 which determine who is the more useful player. Playing next to Steph and Klay, Draymond is much better as a #3 option for a wide variety of reasons. However lets say in a situation like the Clippers, Kevin Love would be a much more useful player next to Kawhi and PG than Draymond.
Eh....

I'd rather have Draymond.

We are really playing with fire having Kawhi and Lou as our primary playmakers.

Beverley, Mcgruder are not playmakers.

Dray could help with that more than Love.

Plus, ya know.....defense.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh....

I'd rather have Draymond.

We are really playing with fire having Kawhi and Lou as our primary playmakers.

Beverley, Mcgruder are not playmakers.

Dray could help with that more than Love.

Plus, ya know.....defense.

Yeah, I was thinking of more floor spacing. You already have elite perimeter defenders so I thought Love would be a nice option to open up more driving lanes for Kawhi, PG and Lou.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's like an extra $10 a month. Usually I wouldn't mind it but I don't really like NBA TV

There are usually 'other ways' to watch games.
When I'm not home, I watch Fubo or Slingtv.

I usually have to watch NBA TV on mute....Webber.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I'm not home, I watch Fubo or Slingtv.

I usually have to watch NBA TV on mute....Webber.

That 'Players Only' BS they had was annoying as hell. They wouldn't talk about anything that was happening on court.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ton of games today and Wednesday. Not sure the reasoning to have so many those days and only 1 tonight.

Most teams played yesterday. NBA trying to limit B2B these days. The 2 teams playing today did not play yesterday

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was thinking of more floor spacing. You already have elite perimeter defenders so I thought Love would be a nice option to open up more driving lanes for Kawhi, PG and Lou.
He would help Trezl more than anyone.

But, Love, Lou, Trezl defensive lineup?

YIKES....LOL

He would help on offense, no doubt about it.

But, we can score.

Giving up 80 in a half would be the norm, not the exception, with Love.

Neither he nor Trezl can check Centers and Zubac is a foul per second.

That's why I lean Dray. But, I'd take either.