• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're going to include the Rockets then you should probably include the Pacers. They had a very similar decade which included being eliminated in the conference finals 2X for both.

I agree on the Thunder but my list will end there.

Warriors
Heat
Spurs
Cavs
Thunder

In that exact order
I think Raptors should be ahead of Thunder but itś close.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t say Love is a role player. I said he is flawed. You ignore the flaws.

And I don’t think Green is better today. I said that too.

But he was more impactful to the Warriors than Love was to Cleveland. You are the one dying on the Kevin Love hill. You somehow bring every conversation back to him.
Green has never been a better player than Kevin Love comparing them head to head. Because Green maybe helps one team more than Love does not make him the better player.

And ya kind of did imply Love was a role player.

Just absurd.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Raptors should be ahead of Thunder but itś close.

Tough call, imo.

Outside of the 1 title for the Raptors, they had basically the same results. But the Thunder got theirs in a tougher conference. Both made 1 finals. One won, the other didn't.

Based on that, I'd lean Thunder...but that title is big, so it's certainly close.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see elite and true great as basically the same thing.
Your choice, but curious....If, say, AD, Lebron, etc. are great/elite, what would you call guys like Love (when he was at his best), Tatum, Butler, etc?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green has never been a better player than Kevin Love comparing them head to head. Because Green maybe helps one team more than Love does not make him the better player.

Just absurd.

Really?

I find it absurd that you completely ignore 1 side of the ball, where by the way, Green was better by orders of magnitude greater than the difference between the 2 offensively. Where Love is a lot better.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your choice, but curious....If, say, AD, Lebron, etc. are great/elite, what would you call guys like Love (when he was at his best), Tatum, Butler, etc?

Very good players. Not elite difference makers.

Also a pretty significant gap between Butler and the other 2.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?

I find it absurd that you completely ignore 1 side of the ball, where by the way, Green was better by orders of magnitude greater than the difference between the 2 offensively. Where Love is a lot better.
I find it absurd you think I ignore one side of the ball. I get Green is a much better defender....but even that was aided by having 2 stud defenders helping him out on that side. Love has been the focal point of the defense and can still score.

Green compares more to Larry Nance this year than Love.

DG - 29.2 min, 8.4 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 5.6 apg, 38.1 FG%, 12.2 PER, 0.8 win share, 97/108 offensive/defensive rating
LN - 24.2 min, 7.9 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 1.6 apg, 50.7 FG%, 15.2 PER, 1.8 win share, 118/112 offensive/defensive rating

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good players. Not elite difference makers.

Also a pretty significant gap between Butler and the other 2.
I get you jumped in but your answer does not apply. He said elite and true great the same (and I am not saying he is wrong as its his opinion). Question was for him....what he calls the next step below.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it absurd you think I ignore one side of the ball. I get Green is a much better defender....but even that was aided by having 2 stud defenders helping him out on that side. Love has been the focal point of the defense and can still score.

Green compares more to Larry Nance this year than Love.

DG - 29.2 min, 8.4 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 5.6 apg, 38.1 FG%, 12.2 PER, 0.8 win share, 97/108 offensive/defensive rating
LN - 24.2 min, 7.9 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 1.6 apg, 50.7 FG%, 15.2 PER, 1.8 win share, 118/112 offensive/defensive rating

You are moving the goal posts.

I very clearly conceded Green has been bad this year. Anything you post about this season’s production is irrelevant to the past.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Imo, Love is great player adjacent because while he's always been great at scoring and rebounding. He's never been good on defense.

Tatum is hard to say because he's still pretty young, but from what I've seen, he plays both sides of the ball, so it depends on how he progresses.

I consider Butler to be a step behind great player adjacent. He plays both sides of the ball and he's good at pretty much all aspects of the game, but he's not particularly great at anything.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t say Love is a role player. I said he is flawed. You ignore the flaws.

And I don’t think Green is better today. I said that too.

But he was more impactful to the Warriors than Love was to Cleveland. You are the one dying on the Kevin Love hill. You somehow bring every conversation back to him.
In fact, in post 11441 when I called Green a decent role player you replied ¨so is Love¨

So, yes, you did say Love is a role player.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I very clearly conceded Green has been bad this year. Anything you post about this season’s production is irrelevant to the past.
As long as you ignored I´ve said for a while Green would be nothing special on this type of team and you disagreed......remember when you said a guy like Green could get a bad team like the Suns to playoff contender?

Here´s a flash.....when you are comparing 2 players you compare them as a whole. Not basing one of the 2 on what he might be able to do on a team that could be the perfect fit for him.

But at least we´ve established on bad teams Green = Nance, Jr.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think Ayton just had the best back to back games of his career. 26 points 21 rebounds 2 blocks and 26 points 15 rebounds 2 blocks.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fact, in post 11441 when I called Green a decent role player you replied ¨so is Love¨

So, yes, you did say Love is a role player.

Ok. Good. you got me for once.

I was exaggerating for effect. Still, Love’s role for the Cavs was less valuable to the Cavs than Dray’s role was to the Warriors.

Is Love a better #1 option? Yes.

But Love is a really crappy #1 option so not sure why you keep clinging to that.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as you ignored I´ve said for a while Green would be nothing special on this type of team and you disagreed......remember when you said a guy like Green could get a bad team like the Suns to playoff contender?

Here´s a flash.....when you are comparing 2 players you compare them as a whole. Not basing one of the 2 on what he might be able to do on a team that could be the perfect fit for him.

But at least we´ve established on bad teams Green = Nance, Jr.

No we have not established anything of the sort.

He isn’t nearly the same player he used to be.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. Good. you got me for once.

I was exaggerating for effect. Still, Love’s role for the Cavs was less valuable to the Cavs than Dray’s role was to the Warriors.

Is Love a better #1 option? Yes.

But Love is a really crappy #1 option so not sure why you keep clinging to that.
Have gotten you way more than once and each time this is the type of reply. Instead of just manning up and owning it, you also try to add on to it to take away from your huge gaffe.

Love is a better player than Green. Always has been. Because Green might be better for one team does not prove your point. Never will.

But die on that hill, my friend.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No we have not established anything of the sort.

He isn’t nearly the same player he used to be.
Now you are saying a huge dropoff at age 29 helps your case (or wont hurt it)?

Wow.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trying to decide what is worse....you just not owning up to your flawed comments or someone else claiming you a winner for those comments.

You do get this was the whole point of these conversations from my end? Sure, with elite players around him on O and D Green is a nice role player. On a bad team (or really nearly any other team) he is nothing special.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love might (might) have been the better player in some bygone era of the NBA where lateral quickness in a big was less important.

But if we're talking today's game... Draymond is better piece to have if a team is building towards a championship. And I don't really think that's arguable. They are different players, of course... so one or the other might fit better in a specific situation... but that's a separate issue. Draymond's defense and versatility is invaluable in today's game... and it's a skill that only becomes more important in the playoffs.

Neither are #1's, obviously.