• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="trojanfan12, post: 14326988, member: 4091"]The problem with Magic as an executive is that he's well....Magic.

.[/QUOTE]

I'm dead...lol

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of windows for teams being at the wrong time the Cavs of the late 80's/ early 90's were very talented. Magic himself said they could become the team of the 90's. But His Airness & injuries (specifically to Brad Daugherty) ended what could have been special in NE Ohio.
That Daugherty injury a huge blow. A good guy it seemed and really sucks for him. Most think he was a lot older, but guy was only 28 when he stopped playing.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found out Kiondra's mom passed.....fuck this day.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree in your description of thug and why I believed Beilein's excuse if anyone wants to call it that. Cavs issues were far more because they played like slugs than thugs....and he was complementing them because they showed some energy and were not playing so slow (like a slug).
It was much ado about nothing.

They were just piling on that poor man...imo

Between the Browns and the mini Cavs revolt because the coach actually expected them to play hard, the media is fixated on shitting on your sports town.

The Browns deserve it.

The Cavs coach does not.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know some don't want McDaniels but he's my choice. After that Id want Roman because the work he's done with Lamar is genius. He literally built that offense specifically for Lamar.
He would be intriguing. No doubt some choices could be curious if made (like Dabol, for instance), fact is as fans we really have no clue. Not like we get to talk to these guys and hear their plans. And, of course, in this case, hear who they like as GM and how they'll work together.

Like the draft, I really believe if ESPN wanted to they could have convinced fans Dabol was the hot hire and any team needing a coach would be foolish not to go after him.

Hell, they had Rivera as this guy based on a 2 minute clip.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off topic.

Did you happen to see what Gilbert Arenas chimed in with re: the Perkins/Durant feud?

I really want to know a Cavs fans response to your franchise being labeled cheap.

It's a whole ass novel....lol

Arenas ain't wrong other than I don't think Gilbert was being a cheap ass in not getting KD. He didn't have anywhere near the cap space.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Daugherty injury a huge blow. A good guy it seemed and really sucks for him. Most think he was a lot older, but guy was only 28 when he stopped playing.
You know who I was really high on before injuries killed his career before it really got started?

Dewan Wagner.

I really liked him and thought he could be special.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would be intriguing. No doubt some choices could be curious if made (like Dabol, for instance), fact is as fans we really have no clue. Not like we get to talk to these guys and hear their plans. And, of course, in this case, hear who they like as GM and how they'll work together.

Like the draft, I really believe if ESPN wanted to they could have convinced fans Dabol was the hot hire and any team needing a coach would be foolish not to go after him.

Hell, they had Rivera as this guy based on a 2 minute clip.

I wouldn't love the Dabold hire. I know he was the OC here for some time it's hard to keep track of all the coaches Cleveland has had lol

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arenas ain't wrong other than I don't think Gilbert was being a cheap ass in not getting KD. He didn't have anywhere near the cap space.
Agree.

Didn't they have the largest payroll...ever?

Cheap isn't the right word.

Plus, they would have traded for George.

But, Bron was like..nah.

No commitment from me.

The part I found the most fascinating was that Larry Hughes was their highest free agent acquisition.

Holy Hell.

Like Agent Zero stated, the salary cap has Damn near doubled since then...lol

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No doubt about that. Not sure where in Cleveland you were located at that time but like we talked about before Richfield was such a better location for games than downtown Cleveland. I'm guessing you already knew this but did you know Mark Price was the 2nd player ever to go 50% from the field/40% from downtown & 90% from the line? He did it during the '88-'89 season. Larry Bird did it first, twice. '86-'87 & '87-'88.

Oh yeah. You watching Ohio State/Indiana right now?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't love the Dabold hire. I know he was the OC here for some time it's hard to keep track of all the coaches Cleveland has had lol
He was and O not very good (which is why such angst I'm sure)....but like most teams here, not like he had talent to work with. Think the QB was McCoy.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt about that. Not sure where in Cleveland you were located at that time but like we talked about before Richfield was such a better location for games than downtown Cleveland. I'm guessing you already knew this but did you know Mark Price was the 2nd player ever to go 50% from the field/40% from downtown & 90% from the line? He did it during the '88-'89 season. Larry Bird did it first, twice. '86-'87 & '87-'88.

Starting to hit some shots. Didn't understand the wisky loss but West Virginia is such a fluky team because of the trash defense they play and Maryland is very physical.

The team needs to get used to dealing with physical teams and handling their aggressiveness

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eastern suburbs. still there, and yes, I definitely prefer the Coliseum to down town. Knew Price was one of a few, did not know the second.

Yes to last question.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting to hit some shots. Didn't understand the wisky loss but West Virginia is such a fluky team because of the trash defense they play and Maryland is very physical.

The team needs to get used to dealing with physical teams and handling their aggressiveness
Having Young should help.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Cavs really Fucked the Bullets over with that Price trade.

Talk about getting sold a lemon....lol