• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Sixers go on a little run without Embiid, there is going to be a LOT of questions.
Agree.

But, we were already aware that Horford was the ultimate Embiid insurance.

Ps. Would love it if you could find a way to bring Rob Cov back.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD's a whiny bitch. Having said that, Perk opened the door for any and all trash talking after his pedestrian take.
Yeah, I'm watching First Take and J Will kinda put it in perspective.

Perk and KD have previous friction because Perk divulged something he told him in confidence, on public TV.

If you think your friend is trying to climb the corporate ladder by stepping on your back, I get why he feels some kind of way.

With that being said, that whole argument is based on semantics.

Example.....

LeBron was the best player to ever wear a Heat uniform.

But, Wade is the Greatest Heatle of all-time based on longevity, winning the first chip...etc.

Ditto for Magic and Kareem.

Kareem was better, Magic more beloved.

Same goes for KD and Westbrook.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.

But, we were already aware that Horford was the ultimate Embiid insurance.

Ps. Would love it if you could find a way to bring Rob Cov back.

The big question is whether Embiid and Simmons can really work together. Embiid is best suited with a half court slow game. Simmons is best suited with a fast paced transition focused game. Either they can figure out to work together or they will need to move one.

I would love to get Cov back but I'm not sure it would be worth giving up Mike Scott and a handful of picks.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL that due is dumb.

Heat was an expansion franchise in '88. We were mediocre until about '94/95 when Riley came over. Then we had some good years, especially during Jordan's 2nd 3-peat and that rivarly with the Knicks. We fell off a bit because Zo had kidney issues which landed us Wade. One year after Wade and we're sitting pretty. Dtdipshit I see is trying to paint this as a sorry ass franchise. Fucker can enjoy that 1 title in a 50-year stretch.
Find a post where I called the Heat a "sorry ass franchise".

And I did enjoy that 1 title. Thanks.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we still really having this discussion? By year 2 of post-Lebron, the Heat was 1 win away from the conference Finals without Bosh due to blood clots that forced him to retire (something dtgold keeps forgetting to mention). We're in year 2, and Cleveland is fighting with the Warriors for the worst record in the league - the latter of which is decimated with injuries and is playing guys off the street.

Cavs fans can blow me if they think they're an equal franchise, because they're not.
Wont be taking you up on your offer, nor can I help with your anger issues, but let's see where the Cavs are in year 6. As we've been over, teams who are in cities that are not FA destinations need to tank to compete in most cases. Or just get lucky.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And even if we're moving goal posts to Lebron/Kobe - Lakers still have two titles since Lebron's been in the league. Cavs.....1.
ok. Doesn't change the fact without Kobe/Lebron since they've been in the league the Lakers have been pretty bad....which was the topic.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big question is whether Embiid and Simmons can really work together. Embiid is best suited with a half court slow game. Simmons is best suited with a fast paced transition focused game. Either they can figure out to work together or they will need to move one.

I would love to get Cov back but I'm not sure it would be worth giving up Mike Scott and a handful of picks.
What's your preference?

Keep JoJo or big Ben?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They should watch some tape of the Showtime Lakers.

Magic wanted to push the ball all the time, Kareem was 175 years old. Those teams would push the ball and take the fast break when it was there. Kareem would hang back, grab a little rest and be there on defense if the other team got a break the other way.

If there was no fast break opportunity, Kareem was the ultimate half court weapon.

Every once in a while, the old guy would get out on the break too, which was always fun.

Imo, the Sixers should look to do something like that with Simmons and Embiid. Embiid is also young and athletic enough that he could get out on the break a lot more than Kareem used to.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So since Kobe entered the league in 1996, the Lakers have been bad for 5 or 6 years?

Not sure what your point is here.
Same as those who say the Cavs have been awful in the 5-6 years since Lebron joined the league.

Get it?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben without question. Embiid is the fan favorite. But he gets hurt too much and is too emotional.
Could I interest you in a gently used Zubac, versatile Mo Harkless , a ton of upside Jerome Robinson * almost got thru that with a straight face * and 2020 1st rounder?

I'm feeling generous. So, I will extend that same offer to @logic for Drummond.

You are welcome.

:wash:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking Cp3...lol

It's been a long time since I've actually liked this guy.

So happy for OKC.

These trades could not have worked out better for them.

SGA is a STAR.

They have a zillion draft picks and look like a playoff team.

Holy shit.
Nothing wrong with a trade that works out for both teams....especially as well as this one might.

Only one I can think of here that compares was Kevin Johnson for Larry Nance.

Shocked I didn't say Ron harper for Ferry?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wont be taking you up on your offer, nor can I help with your anger issues, but let's see where the Cavs are in year 6. As we've been over, teams who are in cities that are not FA destinations need to tank to compete in most cases. Or just get lucky.
Not even if he drinks a can of pineapple juice beforehand?

Cause let me tell ya, it helps!

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing wrong with a trade that works out for both teams....especially as well as this one might.

Only one I can think of here that compares was Kevin Johnson for Larry Nance.

Shocked I didn't say Ron harper for Ferry?
Yep.

I think the Clippers, Rockets, Thunder are all better because of these deals.

It might show less, record wise in Houston. But, I bet it shows in the locker room.

Paul and Harden were at each others throats by Season's end.