• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, TT is averaging career best numbers on a bad team. Bam is doing his thing on a contender.

That matters.
It does matter, but THIS contender has one star in Butler, and really no other stud rebounders. TT played with 3 stars in Lebron, Kyrie and Love. One of them an elite rebounder, the other maybe the best at his position as a rebounder. That also matters.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems a fan of Miami here was objective, right? He thought Bam would put up the same numbers TT has this year.

Guess he wasn't among "the rest of you".

LOL.

He was driving the bus.

Are you really insinuating that @bksballer89 was not “with us” in claiming that Bam has a lot more talent than TT?

Bam is a legitimately good offensive player.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

He was driving the bus.

Are you really insinuating that @bksballer89 was not “with us” in claiming that Bam has a lot more talent than TT?

Bam is a legitimately good offensive player.
I'm claiming Bk said he expected Bam to go for 13, 9 and 3. Pretty much the same numbers TT has put up. so even he can admit he is surprised by Bam's level of success.

You started an argument, and I suspect it wont be long before you cry that all I do is argue.

But you be you.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does matter, but THIS contender has one star in Butler, and really no other stud rebounders. TT played with 3 stars in Lebron, Kyrie and Love. One of them an elite rebounder, the other maybe the best at his position as a rebounder. That also matters.

Well, when we had this conversation last year, I actually remember it.

Defensively, Bam and TT looked like pretty comparable players. TT probably a better rebounder, Bam probably better guarding in space and both are good in both areas. Where the comparison ends is on the offensive end. And that was abundantly clear from watching his rookie year that Bam has a lot more potential there.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm claiming Bk said he expected Bam to go for 13, 9 and 3. Pretty much the same numbers TT has put up. so even he can admit he is surprised by Bam's level of success.

You started an argument, and I suspect it wont be long before you cry that all I do is argue.

But you be you.

You are using it to make some kind of pint that isn’t there.

You said Bam and TT were comparable talents. You were wrong.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean my predictions wasn't that far off lol. You're acting like Bam is avg 25,15, and 8.

My prediction for him was 2 points fewer and less than 2 rebounds and assist off.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are using it to make some kind of pint that isn’t there.

You said Bam and TT were comparable talents. You were wrong.
Yes...I was wrong. But was not crazy to think that before this season. Only you think you had use of Doc Brown's Delorean before the year.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean my predictions wasn't that far off lol. You're acting like Bam is avg 25,15, and 8.

My prediction for him was 2 points fewer and less than 2 rebounds and assist off.
No....I'm not acting like anything other than you thought his stats would be the same as what TTs are this year. so not crazy to think they could be similar talents.

Weird I say what I have about Bam and you try to come after me (that he looks like last year's Siakam and if he is this yea'rs Siakam next year the Heat could be a favorite in the East and at worst are a contender), but is what it is.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No....I'm not acting like anything other than you thought his stats would be the same as what TTs are this year. so not crazy to think they could be similar talents.

It's not good when you're bragging that I predicted a player in year 3 of his career (1st as full time starter) would have similar stats to what a player in his 9th year is averaging.

TT was 4th pick of the draft and been a disappointment if we're being honest. Guys drafted 4th are not supposed to be role players.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes...I was wrong. But was not crazy to think that before this season. Only you think you had use of Doc Brown's Delorean before the year.

Yes.

Given what Bam was doing at the end of last year when we had this conversation,

It was bat shit crazy to suggest that Bam and TT were comparable talents. Not reasonable at all to make that claim.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not good when you're bragging that I predicted a player in year 3 of his career (1st as full time starter) would have similar stats to what a player in his 9th year is averaging.

TT was 4th pick of the draft and been a disappointment if we're being honest. Guys drafted 4th are not supposed to be role players.
Not supposed to be? agreed. But he's better than just any role player. He was a starter on a title team and still a starter. One of the top offensive rebounders in the league. There have been many top 5 players who have done a lot less.

and I'm not bragging about anything. Just pointing out the facts. You didn't think Bam would put up better numbers than TT has put up this season.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.

Given what Bam was doing at the end of last year when we had this conversation,

It was bat shit crazy to suggest that Bam and TT were comparable talents. Not reasonable at all to make that claim.
Yet a fan of his team thought he'd put up the same numbers TT has put up. Should I do what others would do and just not even admit I was wrong about him?

Guess I could do what most would do and deflect.......Also bat shit crazy to think Drew Brees is not elite, but that is your opinion.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet a fan of his team thought he'd put up the same numbers TT has put up. Should I do what others would do and just not even admit I was wrong about him?

Guess I could do what most would do and deflect.......Also bat shit crazy to think Drew Brees is not elite, but that is your opinion.

And here you are, still taking that quote out of context as some kind of validation that your opinion was reasonable.

Bam was showing signs of this breakout last spring. Just because @bksballer89 was realistic with his stat projection doesn’t mean he didn’t recognize the obvious talent. He certainly did.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy Holidays!!!!

image-450w-231186664.jpg

Celtics, Sixers, Lakers, Rockets, Nuggets for the win.

fixed...:lol:

Merry Christmas little lady...:D

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here you are, still taking that quote out of context as some kind of validation that your opinion was reasonable.

Bam was showing signs of this breakout last spring. Just because @bksballer89 was realistic with his stat projection doesn’t mean he didn’t recognize the obvious talent. He certainly did.
Yes...realistic was not thinking he'd break out. so not out of context.

Also not out of context to remind you that you don't think Brees is still elite.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

would add have to go by what was available and realistic to take at 4. Have to go all the way down to 11 to find a player who would have been better, and doubtful anyone was taking Klay at 4 at that time. walker, of course, would be better, but no one is taking him with Kyrie on the roster. JV? Maybe, but he's not much better and also was the issue if he would/could sign.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ding ding ding

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes...realistic was not thinking he'd break out. so not out of context.

Also not out of context to remind you that you don't think Brees is still elite.

Actually that is totally out of context.