• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because traffic in and around LA is fucking ridiculous. If the games started at 7...the stands wouldn't be full until close to halftime.

We need all of the fuckers who came from other states to go the fuck back home and quit jamming up the freeways.
I'm already on the 10 East.

Not getting stuck in Downtown to watch the rest of this shitshow.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with doc

It's actually a smart play on Lebron's part.

He has his ready made excuse for losing.

" Well, they rested Kawhi all Season while I fought thru every game to become the regular Season champ."

He wouldn't be wrong.

But, almost every other contender is doing load management to a lesser extent.

Bucks, 76ers, Rockets have all rested guys.

Shit, Ja Morant has sat out for rest...lol

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man.

Turner is like the opposite of Trezl.

Way more talented, way less productive.

They are all in to win now. Don’t think they should be too worried about next year with the roster they currently have.

A couple vets like Lou and PG regress, Kawhi gets hurt and their window could effectively shut next season.

I would take my chances with Trezl unless I were able to get a comparable player back. Not sure Turner is that.
Agree.

Healthy, they are Championship or bust.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ChiefsLakers67

My offhand comment about KCP to the Rockets might not be as hypothetical as first thought.

Tubby has already struck out on Iggy.

I expect everyone on the Iggy hunt to pivot towards Covington.

The ones that whiff might kick the tires on KCP.

The only other viable option for a 3 and D guy would probably be Shumpert.

He's a decent D. But, very little 3.

KCP > Shump

The Warriors ended Houston’s season four of the last five years, including twice in the Western Conference finals. In 2020, the Rockets are hoping a former Golden State forward can be the piece that gets them over the top. As ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski said Sunday: “Daryl Morey has tried any number of two-way, three-way, four-way scenarios to get Andre Iguodala from Memphis. That doesn’t seem to be a scenario that is going to come into play. “I think he’s kind of thrown his hands up on that one.”

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

" Well, they rested Kawhi all Season while I fought thru every game to become the regular Season champ."

He wouldn't be wrong.

It's just kinda ridiculous teams are even doing load management at this point in the season...we shouldn't even be discussing it tbh.

Players that are under 30 are under load management, while Lebron is going on 35 playing high minutes and still plays every game. That's why Lebron is more of an old school player, they didn't have load management back in the day especially not a third of the way into the year. It's getting out of control and I'm afraid they will reduce the regular season games bc of it.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just kinda ridiculous teams are even doing load management at this point in the season...we shouldn't even be discussing it tbh.

Players that are under 30 are under load management, while Lebron is going on 35 playing high minutes and still plays every game. That's why Lebron is more of an old school player, they didn't have load management back in the day especially not a third of the way into the year. It's getting out of control and I'm afraid they will reduce the regular season games bc of it.
I don't think they will reduce games.

But, agree it's getting ridiculous.

This is the reason Kawhi will never be mentioned in the same breath as LeBron, Jordan, Kobe.

...and rightfully so.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they will reduce games.

But, agree it's getting ridiculous.

This is the reason Kawhi will never be mentioned in the same breath as LeBron, Jordan, Kobe.

...and rightfully so.

Yep probably won't change the number of games but the regular season is becoming less important for some teams and players in a way. Back in the day MJ and others would go out and play 50+ minutes in an OT game to defeat some random team in the regular season. There are still a lot of players who refuse to sit out as well in today's league but minutes are down pretty much across the league. Most teams have more depth and are using that depth more to cause less injuries and put less stress on their star players...it's smart, just disappointing that this is what it has come to 25-30 games into the season.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with doc

I honestly don't think either are wrong.

I'm old school...if you can walk, you play.

Having said that, whether it truly helped or not, Kawhi believes that load management helped him lead his team to a title last season and there are plenty of folks who believe it too.

Also, what Lebron said may be because he has been blessed with a body that can handle it.

Don McLean had an interesting take on Lebron. He said that Lebron may be like Karl Malone. He's blessed with a big, strong body that he spends a lot of time, effort and money taking care of and can withstand an 82 game season.

The Mailman played until he was 40 and played less than 80 games twice. Once when he was 35 and played in 49 games and once when he was 40 and played in 42 games.

So, end of the day, if a player feels load management helps him, then he should do it. If he doesn't then he shouldn't.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He wouldn't be wrong.

To be completely fair to Lebron, I don't think it's about excuses. There's more than 1 way to do load management.

He sits out all or most of the 4th quarter in blowouts. Part of the reason Alex Caruso and Rondo are on the team is so that Lebron can get breaks from running the offense (essentially "resting" while on the floor). Also, I believe I heard (I was only half listening lol) that , Lebron said that later in the season, if/when playoff seeding is set, he may sit out or have his minutes reduced.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is clearly on the trade block.

He is a 31 year old vet on a bad team.

If they keep him, it is more evidence his value isn’t high enough to make a worthwhile trade.
He is also a vet that isn't a bad guy to have young players watch how he does his business on and off the court. They will have $40 mil+ in cap space it looks like even WITH Love still on the roster after the season. Not like he will hinder them from getting the type of FAs who might come here.

But, sure, I have no doubt they are seeing what he could get if they moved him.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be completely fair to Lebron, I don't think it's about excuses. There's more than 1 way to do load management.

He sits out all or most of the 4th quarter in blowouts. Part of the reason Alex Caruso and Rondo are on the team is so that Lebron can get breaks from running the offense (essentially "resting" while on the floor). Also, I believe I heard (I was only half listening lol) that , Lebron said that later in the season, if/when playoff seeding is set, he may sit out or have his minutes reduced.
Agree.

But, he's clearly being passive aggressive.

LeBron is very calculating.

He knows Damn well that every time that question is posed, it's about Kawhi.

Again: He's not wrong.

But, he is enjoying being seen as the anti-Kawhi and will use that narrative as his excuse if we win.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is also a vet that isn't a bad guy to have young players watch how he does his business on and off the court. They will have $40 mil+ in cap space it looks like even WITH Love still on the roster after the season. Not like he will hinder them from getting the type of FAs who might come here.

I feel like they need to move him now, they keep him any longer and his trade value could go even lower especially since Giannis will be a FA in 2021, teams are already saving long-term to make a push for him.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers and Warriors play at 730 local time. I guess it is preference. Just like in EST we have teams like Charlotte, Cleveland, Detroit, and a few others who play at 7 while teams like Miami, Brooklyn, Toronto, Boston, and a couple of more choose to play at 730

TV schedules dictate 7:30 vs 7:00. As it is, the games still overlap most nights.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is all true.

Yet still doesn’t change the fact that teams are reluctant to give up assets for injury prone 30 somethings on long term deals.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alen Smailagic had 29 pts on 12-18 shooting, including 5-9 from 3 last night. Dude can ball. He needs to pick it up on defense and his rebounding numbers are very Brook Lopez like which he'll need to improve. But I love his skill, handle and his ability to score as a hybrid center. Could be a nice backup big in the future. Ceiling could be higher depending on his ability to defend.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KG speaking about the 2012 Celtics:

:flame:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.

But, he's clearly being passive aggressive.

LeBron is very calculating.

He knows Damn well that every time that question is posed, it's about Kawhi.

Again: He's not wrong.

But, he is enjoying being seen as the anti-Kawhi and will use that narrative as his excuse if we win.

Yeah, I don't know if he'll use it at his excuse (although I could see it). But he's definitely setting himself up as the anti-Kawhi. We also know that he'll "brag" about it if the Lakers win.

Imo, that's why Doc took his "shot" at Lebron.

Gotta say, it's kind of fun to see both teams being good enough to be taking shots at each other.