• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

Jerome Robinson or a 2050 first rounder doesn't really move the needle.

Wherever he lands, they will have his bird rights. How much he wants is still a mystery.

I'd imagine the Clippers have attempted/ will attempt to get a deal done before shipping him out.

That's what they did with Tobias.

They offered him 4/80 which he wisely turned down.

If Trezl prices himself out, not much they can do.

The guy is massively underpaid.

Just noticed that he's averaging close to 20 a game off the bench. It's tough to gauge what that's worth. To dole out $25 mil a year for a guy that has never started on a significant basis would be a tough price to pay.

Given the Pacers' 18-9 record without 'Dipo, it would also be a tough price to pay if we were to hypothetically do a Turner for Harrell/Harkless straight up trade without the assurances of an extension.

If Trezl were to walk from the Pacers after such a deal, the Pacers would be putting more eggs in the basket that Giannis would want to play with his former teammate Malcolm Brogdon.

We'd still probably need to move Lamb and/or Warren to get such a deal done. Right now, Toronto and Dallas appear to be the most likely candidates for Giannis if he would ever bow to the realization that the Bucks may be peaking this season.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just noticed that he's averaging close to 20 a game off the bench. It's tough to gauge what that's worth. To dole out $25 mil a year for a guy that has never started on a significant basis would be a tough price to pay.

Given the Pacers' 18-9 record without 'Dipo, it would also be a tough price to pay if we were to hypothetically do a Turner for Harrell/Harkless straight up trade without the assurances of an extension.

If Trezl were to walk from the Pacers after such a deal, the Pacers would be putting more eggs in the basket that Giannis would want to play with his former teammate Malcolm Brogdon.

We'd still probably need to move Lamb and/or Warren to get such a deal done. Right now, Toronto and Dallas appear to be the most likely candidates for Giannis if he would ever bow to the realization that the Bucks may be peaking this season.
Yep.

The Clippers have 4 guys averaging 19 and up.

Two are bench guys making NBA minimum wage.

* less than mid level *

I think Trezl and Van Fleet are in similar positions.

Underpaid based on production. But, is it a unquestionable fact that they are max or near max players on a true contender?

It is very possible that both those guys get paid 20 mil or more per year this Summer.

Only obstacle is the fact that only a few teams have the cap to accommodate.

That's why I see this going the way of Tobias Harris.

Clippers can't get value unless the team is willing to pay what it takes to retain him and him being willing to stay.

So, your Indy concerns are very valid.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ps.

This is all hypothetical...but

I don't think I'd give up Kuz and Green without getting JJ and Jrue in return.

* you'd have to add even more salary*

But, I think the Pelicans are done helping the Lakers.

Ingram has been good. But, y'all sold them a lemon in Lonzo...lol

"lemon"? no idea what you're talking about, miss lady...:angel:

:heh:

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just stop it.

Players have the right to change teams when they reach free agency.

This is not a problem. It is how the NBA is structured.

Sorry that you don’t like it and that it stacks the deck against your team, but it is what it is.

For the last time, I don't give a flying fuck about Paul George.

We were a 42-40 basketball team his final season here, not exactly a year I have fond memories of. It's been proven time and time again that he can't be a #1 on a title team. He knows this, and now pushing 30 there's a reason he had to co-tail Kawhi Leonard.

The fact is that the Pacers are a better-run organization with him no longer in it, and it's not an much of a coincidence as most assume. If I cared that much about Paul George, I would have been rambling and ranting about his return trip last week, and based on his recent comments, he seems to care more than I do at the moment.

If there was something I cared about in that situation, it was more for the precedent he set for the league in general than it was for that of the Pacers.

Of course LeBron was entitle to his decision back in 2010 - That's not the issue. The issue was him alienating a whole city and fan base with his extracurricular circus that year. There are unwritten rules to abide by, but as always he thought and still thinks he's above the law with his name being "LeBron James".

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In previous years, this would be prophetic.

Thank GAWD for the Logo and Lawrence Frank....lol

P.S. KCP definitely picking up that 9 mil player option.

So, y'all stuck with that scrub.

@shopson67 says he has a NTC.

So, enjoy....lol
Always thought that was the backroom, under the table deal that was made with Rich Paul in order to get Lebron, so it is what it is, I guess. It's bad...the man is actually playing decent, and all I can do is get mad because him playing well ensures more playing time

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always thought that was the backroom, under the table deal that was made with Rich Paul in order to get Lebron, so it is what it is, I guess. It's bad...the man is actually playing decent, and all I can do is get mad because him playing well ensures more playing time

He'll go back to the bench once Avery Bradley fully recovers

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worrh every penny for LeBron especially when it got you Davis.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mavs upset the mighty Bucks... :thumb:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@bksballer89 , @tlance

What's your take on Myles Turner?

I think the Clippers might deal Trezl.

I hate that idea. But, if they know his number is too high, like with Tobias last year, you gotta do it to avoid him leaving for nada.

Saw this coming as soon as he signed with Klutch.

I keep seeing Turner's name on the block too.

I guess they don't think he and Sabonis are compatible.

I think they should wait for Dipo to get back before making that decision. But, whatever...

I hate his shot selection. But, he can give rim protection.

Thoughts?

What would it take outside Trezl and a expiring Harkless, who I also want to keep, to get Turner?

I guess I should tag @HurricaneDij39 too.

Man.

Turner is like the opposite of Trezl.

Way more talented, way less productive.

They are all in to win now. Don’t think they should be too worried about next year with the roster they currently have.

A couple vets like Lou and PG regress, Kawhi gets hurt and their window could effectively shut next season.

I would take my chances with Trezl unless I were able to get a comparable player back. Not sure Turner is that.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless they decide they want to keep him. But I realize you have the ear of the FOs and they will tell you what they were offered.

He is clearly on the trade block.

He is a 31 year old vet on a bad team.

If they keep him, it is more evidence his value isn’t high enough to make a worthwhile trade.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the last time, I don't give a flying fuck about Paul George.

We were a 42-40 basketball team his final season here, not exactly a year I have fond memories of. It's been proven time and time again that he can't be a #1 on a title team. He knows this, and now pushing 30 there's a reason he had to co-tail Kawhi Leonard.

The fact is that the Pacers are a better-run organization with him no longer in it, and it's not an much of a coincidence as most assume. If I cared that much about Paul George, I would have been rambling and ranting about his return trip last week, and based on his recent comments, he seems to care more than I do at the moment.

If there was something I cared about in that situation, it was more for the precedent he set for the league in general than it was for that of the Pacers.

Of course LeBron was entitle to his decision back in 2010 - That's not the issue. The issue was him alienating a whole city and fan base with his extracurricular circus that year. There are unwritten rules to abide by, but as always he thought and still thinks he's above the law with his name being "LeBron James".

Then prove it.

Stop crying about free agent stars leaving small markets after 7+ years of service.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

The Clippers have 4 guys averaging 19 and up.

Two are bench guys making NBA minimum wage.

* less than mid level *

I think Trezl and Van Fleet are in similar positions.

Underpaid based on production. But, is it a unquestionable fact that they are max or near max players on a true contender?

It is very possible that both those guys get paid 20 mil or more per year this Summer.

Only obstacle is the fact that only a few teams have the cap to accommodate.

That's why I see this going the way of Tobias Harris.

Clippers can't get value unless the team is willing to pay what it takes to retain him and him being willing to stay.

So, your Indy concerns are very valid.

I'd go up to three years and $75-80 million on Harrell speaking from a Pacers perspective. Any 4th year would a a risk, though.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers better not fuck this up. I need them to win

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One time i need the lakers to win, they decide to play like ass.

Hopefully they pull it out