• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say that as though he went from accounting for 450 yards and they held him to 350. He was held to 206 TOTAL yards. Most QBs will pass for more than that alone. You claimed they are the #2 D and that's why they didn't do well enough......but that team ran all over the #1 D and put up 37.

Here's a flash....LJ and the ravens are a damn good team. arguably the best in the league. LJ is the leader for MVP. Tell any team they are gonna hold them to 20 before the game they'd take that and say thank you.

Ravens score around 34 per game. They held them to 20. You want to rip them because they only held them 2 TDs below their average? SF scores 29 per game and were held to 17. Not sure I'd be blaming the 49ers' defense for this one. I'd even go nuts and credit the ravens and their D for the W.
Uh, no...

I'm simply applying your rationale.

You said they did well because they held him under his total yard averages.

I say the opposite because he was able to rush for more than his season average.

I'm not sure how my stance is different than yours.

Passing was never part of my argument.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I'm not ignoring it.

They didn't do a good job of stopping him on the ground.

How about this...

You say they did fine because they held him under his total yardage and lowered their scoring totals.

I say, they didn't do well when you remember he averages 81 rushing yards a game. Yet, they gave up over 100.
Ok, but the game is won and lost by scoring and not allowing points. Never seen yardage when I look at the standings. A D holds a team 2 TDs under their scoring avg. they will take that every time.

In addition, ALL yardage matters. If you can hold an MVP candidate at QB to 206 TOTAL yards you will take that every time whether all rushing, all passing, a mixture, whatever.

And to keep it bball the East looks much better.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.....but in actual games East has played west nearly dead even so far. will it continue? Who knows?
It might.

I think most of us underestimated the Celtics, Heat and Raptors, I know I did.

They look really good.

I thought it would be the Bucks, Sixers and everyone else a full level down.

Nope.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, no...

I'm simply applying your rationale.

You said they did well because they held him under his total yard averages.

I say the opposite because he was able to rush for more than his season average.

I'm not sure how my stance is different than yours.

Passing was never part of my argument.
Once again, points matter a lot more than yardage, don't they? They held them 2 TDs under their average.

Are you giving props to NE who held him to 61 yards rushing......but allowed 37 points? which D did better, SF or NE?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might.

I think most of us underestimated the Celtics, Heat and Raptors, I know I did.

They look really good.

I thought it would be the Bucks, Sixers and everyone else a full level down.

Nope.
Agree, they do, but think it's more about the west teams like OKC, GS, Portland and SA falling back to the pack or far worse.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, but the game is won and lost by scoring and not allowing points. Never seen yardage when I look at the standings. A D holds a team 2 TDs under their scoring avg. they will take that every time.

In addition, ALL yardage matters. If you can hold an MVP candidate at QB to 206 TOTAL yards you will take that every time whether all rushing, all passing, a mixture, whatever.

And to keep it bball the East looks much better.
Sure, I can agree with that.

But, when talking about the Ravens specifically, I would much rather he try to beat me in the air, not on the ground.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, I can agree with that.

But, when talking about the Ravens specifically, I would much rather he try to beat me in the air, not on the ground.
Sure, but yards are yards. If I can hold him to 206 total I'm taking that every time. less than 5 yards per pass is god awful and more than offsets the rushing yards. ....not to mention only 20 points.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, they do, but think it's more about the west teams like OKC, GS, Portland and SA falling back to the pack or far worse.

The bottom of the West is a shitshow.

You think Love or Thompson will get dealt?

Love in Denver would be interesting.

Plus, they have young players and picks.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, points matter a lot more than yardage, don't they? They held them 2 TDs under their average.

Are you giving props to NE who held him to 61 yards rushing......but allowed 37 points? which D did better, SF or NE?
Why would I give credit to a team that lost?

You are veering into a different direction altogether.

My stance is very simple.

They couldn't stop him on the ground.

Had they been able to, the 49ers win easily.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bottom of the West is a shitshow.

You think Love or Thompson will get dealt?

Love in Denver would be interesting.

Plus, they have young players and picks.

TT all depends on if they want to try and keep him and/or if they think he'll want to come back. If either is no I'd say for sure he's dealt.

Love? I do know Denver has wanted him for a while (deal fell through when Lebron was still here because Indiana pulled out). Though they wanted him before Jokic emerged and the Joker gives them everything they could get from Love so not sure they'd still want him.

I think Clarkson will be in high demand and will get dealt. Maybe Henson, as well, if he shows something (just started playing again).

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TT all depends on if they want to try and keep him and/or if they think he'll want to come back. If either is no I'd say for sure he's dealt.

Love? I do know Denver has wanted him for a while (deal fell through when Lebron was still here because Indiana pulled out). Though they wanted him before Jokic emerged and the Joker gives them everything they could get from Love so not sure they'd still want him.

I think Clarkson will be in high demand and will get dealt. Maybe Henson, as well, if he shows something (just started playing again).
Joker hasn't been great. But, it's early.

Love would replace a wrong side of his prime Milsap.

He'd really help Portland too. But, not sure who they would trade.

I would Lmfao if it was Whiteside...lol

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a nice game. I guess you are going to ignore Mostert of SF went for 47 more yards on only 3 more carries? He went for 7.7 ypc. How would you put that in perspective?

Previous 5 games Ravens scored over 40 per game on avg. SF held them to 20. Pretty sure if you told SF they'd be holding LJ to roughly 210 yards COMBINED I'm sure they'd have been happy with that.

I'm not ignoring it lol. The topic was strictly about Lamar and the 49ers front 7. If you want to change the topic then i would agree that the 49ers back did his thing vs the ravens front 7 as well. Haven't seen anyone on here say the Ravens run defense didn't get their ass handed to them last week

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would I give credit to a team that lost?

You are veering into a different direction altogether.

My stance is very simple.

They couldn't stop him on the ground.

Had they been able to, the 49ers win easily.
NE held him well under his average rushing and they still lost. That's the point. As I keep saying, yards are yards and points mean more. what if instead of running he hung in the pocket longer and threw the ball for as many or more yards? Or rolled out and threw it before taking off?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the hell did OKC or the Spurs win...lol

Fucking paper clips got OWNED.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joker hasn't been great. But, it's early.

Love would replace a wrong side of his prime Milsap.

He'd really help Portland too. But, not sure who they would trade.

I would Lmfao if it was Whiteside...lol
Love hasn't been great since a strong start, but think he might be hurt some. Hard to know if he'd sit as much if they needed to win. If he's really hurt might make another team think twice about taking on his salary.

Portland does seem like a decent fit and, yeah, I suspect if they move him it's to trim future salary, so an expiring Whiteside would certainly be in play.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Portland cant catch a break.

Looks like Hood may have injured his Achilles

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not ignoring it lol. The topic was strictly about Lamar and the 49ers front 7. If you want to change the topic then i would agree that the 49ers back did his thing vs the ravens front 7 as well. Haven't seen anyone on here say the Ravens run defense didn't get their ass handed to them last week
But yards are yards and the front 7 also helps out stopping the pass and LJ went for less than 5 per I would think because of their pressure.

49ers D held Bmore to 20 when their avg. is around 34. They care about points then all yards. Not just rushing yards. and not just QB rushing yards as they held Ingram under 4 per.

My point is I would not have been looking to criticize the 49ers defense for anything in that loss. I'd be more inclined to say overall they did a hell of a job and also credit the ravens' defense.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NE held him well under his average rushing and they still lost. That's the point. As I keep saying, yards are yards and points mean more. what if instead of running he hung in the pocket longer and threw the ball for as many or more yards? Or rolled out and threw it before taking off?
Points matter, yes.

How many points would the Ravens have scored if he didn't get loose for those 100 yards?

We won't ever know because they couldn't stop him.

You are giving San Fran credit for holding him below his norm in total yardage.

I'm applying that same logic to support my claim that he ran all over them.

You introduced the points and total yardage.

My argument was specifically about his rushing.

So, if they excelled at keeping his total yards and points down, they failed at keeping him at his average on the ground.

Sure, they did much better than most.

But, they lost and that makes them the tallest midget.

* remembers this is a nba thread *

Clippers are so trash.