• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why the Lakers cut Thomas Bryant is beyond me. That guy is extremely cheap and very talented. He is precisely the type of guy you need to get right in order to be able to maintain a roster with supermax type guys taking up a humongous portion of the payroll.

the guy is actually quick enough to get in front of guys. He is big but has enough athleticism so guys just dont blow right by him- which is what you NEED in a "center" nowadays. 2.3 assista game out of a young big man like that is pretty nice as well.

Not sure, but I think he may have been a "cap casualty" to get Lebron and AD. I know he spent part of his time with the Lakers in the G-League.

In the games he played with the Lakers, he was raw, but you could see he has some talent and athleticism and he usually had some kind of positive impact when he was in the game.

With the Lakers being in win now mode since signing Lebron, it's not likely he would have gotten a lot of playing time. So it's probably better for him and his career that he's someplace where he can play a lot.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure, but I think he may have been a "cap casualty" to get Lebron and AD. I know he spent part of his time with the Lakers in the G-League.

In the games he played with the Lakers, he was raw, but you could see he has some talent and athleticism and he usually had some kind of positive impact when he was in the game.

With the Lakers being in win now mode since signing Lebron, it's not likely he would have gotten a lot of playing time. So it's probably better for him and his career that he's someplace where he can play a lot.
a cap casualty? lol

he was a 2nd round pick on his initial contract

its literally almost impossible (if not totally impossible) to get a guy on a contract making less.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neto>Simmons?

Neto and burke are doing in one game what Simmons is afraid to do his whole career. The offensive flows so much better when there's somewhat of a threat at PG.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a cap casualty? lol

he was a 2nd round pick on his initial contract

its literally almost impossible (if not totally impossible) to get a guy on a contract making less.

I know. But they needed every penny they could get. So even small contracts were dumped.

As I said, not 100% sure. I just remember a lot of contracts of different sizes being moved, not renewed, etc.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know. But they needed every penny they could get. So even small contracts were dumped.

As I said, not 100% sure. I just remember a lot of contracts of different sizes being moved, not renewed, etc.
there i something called a "cap hold" where you have to have a minimum on their for the roster anyway.

not to mention when you are paying KCP 12M or whatever it was last year and then whatever it was this year kind of defeats that in its tracks- saving an extra 100 grand. lol

what PROBABLY happened is that they decided on Zubac instead of Bryant a couple seasons ago- but then decided to trade Zubac for Mike Scott and got left with neither.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are knob gobbling over the Wizards right now on ESPN down 20. Their roster is a mess. I do like Bryant and Rui. But seriously they love their Wizards geez

Why?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mecca

Watchmen yet?

its gotten great reviews.

I just watched the first 3 episodes yesterday. Weird- but good.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good late schedule ( games starting 9 PM EST or later)

Bucks/Jazz
Sixers/Nuggets
Nets/Blazers
Heat/Lakers
I really dont know who i hope wins that Heat/Lakers game.

That contract that Kyrie and Durant made the Nets give DeAndre looks like it is going to be hilariously bad though- though him vs. Whiteside should have a good quotient of humor level.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what PROBABLY happened is that they decided on Zubac instead of Bryant a couple seasons ago- but then decided to trade Zubac for Mike Scott and got left with neither.

That's also possible. Like I said, not sure. I just know contracts were moved, not renewed etc.

It may well be that to clear the space, they had to choose between keeping Zubac or Bryant and chose Zubac.

They had to clear space. So choices had to be made.

Heck, they traded Wagner, Jemerrio Jones and Bonga to the Wizards taking back no assets from them so they could get AD. Figured it may have been something like that to get Lebron.

Doesn't matter anyway. He's better off at a place where he can play a lot and develop.

I liked the kid and if it were my choice, I'd have probably kept him over Zubac. I liked Zubac too. But I preferred Bryant's athleticism. Neither will be stars, but I think Bryant has more value in today's game.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Portland is kinda screwed without Nurkic and Collins

starting Anthony Toliver and Whiteside at PF and C is not exactly a winning recipe in the NBA in 2019. For fucks-sake.

with how good the top half o the West is no way this team wins nearly as many games as last year.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Siakam
44 pts 10 rbs
unreal.

great management and coaching up there.

They kind of expanded a decent amount of assets on gasol and leonard the last couple years but if they can add a guy or two they could get back into the conversation of being extremely legitimate contenders in the East.

I ahte to say they need one more "name" guy just to say it- but thats what it kinda feels like. I mean- maybe not- but we shall see i guess.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not to mention when you are paying KCP 12M or whatever it was last year and then whatever it was this year kind of defeats that in its tracks- saving an extra 100 grand. lol

Exactly.

In order to make Lebron/Klutch happy, they needed to sign KCP to more than he's worth. Bryant's money helped with that.

But it sounds better to say that they did it to get Lebron. lol

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, LeBron, Porzingis shut it down last year when it was obvious the team wouldn't benefit from them returning.

You say pussy, I say smart to chase the pingpong balls.

Pretty sure Love could have played more last year too.

But, for why?

Aren't the Warriors taking Wiggy's approach to tanking? All of a sudden it's a shit move? Does it have anything to do with the Warriors getting in the way of Wiggy's premature dynasty talk over in Cleveland?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you tell me? You would have thought Doris Burke was fucking Bradley Beal lol

LOL.

Might be true

Because I can’t think of any other possible explanation behind hyping the Wizards.