• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,243.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how many points is KP gonna put up tonight against the knicks tonight? I say 50

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ That seems like the common wisdom out there... but...

Celtics currently have the best record in the NBA, they've already beaten Milwaukee, and they have had 1 to 2 to 3 guys injured every game so far this young season...

... we haven't even seen a fully healthy version of this team yet, and they're still pretty damn good.

The above tweet doesn't even mention Jaylen Brown... like he's chopped liver or something. JB as the 4th best guy on your team means a lot of quantity and quality at the top of a roster.

Maybe, just maybe... a fully healthy Gordon Hayward (which the C's have never really had before) plus another year of maturation from Tatum and Brown... the C's might already be there.

Philly will be the main challenge in the East, of course. They're a very strong team. But not invincible...

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Celtics currently have the best record in the NBA, they've already beaten Milwaukee, and they have had 1 to 2 to 3 guys injured every game so far this young season...

... we haven't even seen a fully healthy version of this team yet, and they're still pretty damn good.

The above tweet doesn't even mention Jaylen Brown... like he's chopped liver or something. JB as the 4th best guy on your team means a lot of quantity and quality at the top of a roster.

Maybe, just maybe... a fully healthy Gordon Hayward (which the C's have never really had before) plus another year of maturation from Tatum and Brown... the C's might already be there.

Philly will be the main challenge in the East, of course. They're a very strong team. But not invincible...

course they aren't. they ain't the Bucks, after all. Milwaukee is not just invincible, either. they're also the free agent capital of the NBA and the most powerful force in the EASILY superior Eastern Conference...

just ask your bud Buckalis about it sometime. he'll tell you...:heh:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree.

People, me included, may have severely underestimated Boston. 2 reasons:

-I thought losing Horford would really hurt their front court rotation. So far it hasn’t.
-Kemba for Kyrie seemed like a lateral move and a talent downgrade. But in terms of impact on a team, Kemba is better. Chemistry matters.

Celtics are going to be major players in the East playoffs.

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After beating the Clippers in LA, if the Bucks will win in UTAH tonight (which I believe they will), they'll end the season dropping less than 5 games against West teams, which will lead them to achieve near to 70 wins this season...

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe the Bucks have had the most difficult schedule up to now, certainly more difficult than the Sixers that this graph suggests they were 2nd to.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Celtics were the 1st that have beaten the Bucks last season too... But look what happened in the playoffs!

Truth is that the Celtics are more ready right now, because they have less rotational players to deal with and clear roles addressed to each player in their rotation. They will loose all their games to the Bucks this season , even if the meet again in the playoffs.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet you & truelakersfan have matching Lakers tramp stamps. :nod:

Your fantasies have no interest to me. But hey, at least you changed your avatar to actually show your team allegiance, since you'd rather claim two colleges in your team images. No more being mistaken for a Cavs fan (shudders).

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Relax.
Small sample size.
Small sample size means nothing if a team has played 90% of the toughest games that are in the schedule and then away from home...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least it wasn’t enough to make everyone forget how to drive yet.

I resemble that remark, lol. But I am the one stupid enough to drive a hemi on all season tires through the winter, lol. Well, that changes this year.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Small sample size means nothing if a team has played 90% of the toughest games that are in the schedule and then away from home...

That might hold true if injuries didn't happen, or if teams were consistent throughout the year, or if teams always beat the teams that they should.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The future wife is a Chiefs fan.....I seriously pissed off somebody in a past life.

That's the way things work sometimes. You get lucky enough to find a partner that loves sports, and she just so happens to love your team's mortal enemy lol.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hysterical coming from somebody in Rochester, Shopson.......I haven't heard of anybody ever MOVING TO ROCHESTER.....LOL.

I was born here, my family is here. Believe me, with the winter hitting yesterday, I wouldn't still live here otherwise. My 6 months in San Diego (living in my brother's school apartment) were beautiful, if under-employed unfortunately. He's back in Rochester too.

Hey, at least Rochester had an NBA franchise (and a championship) lol, minor league franchises in baseball and hockey, an hour from the Bills, etc. Watcha got out there on the prairie?

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They (the Celtics) will loose all their games to the Bucks this season , even if the meet again in the playoffs.
^ This is already factually incorrect, even if you spelled it correctly.