• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron hinted at some kind of off court issue with the team.

I agree the role players need to be better. But LeBron has been pretty bad since the bubble started. If he isn’t Superman the Lakers won’t win.

LeBron has been very mediocre (for him) in the bubble. AD has been up and down. The Lakers are going to have a fight every single round. If I was to bet on it I'd bet they aren't taking the title

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Nuggets man....4/5 of their starting lineup out and guys are just stepping up. That's the entire west basically.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Lebron has a sore groin. That would explain some of his slow start. He's also apparently trying to get AD going early.

The problem is, the starting unit needs to start hitting some shots. The Lakers bench has outscored the opponents bench in every game so far.

It seems like the Lakers are starting every game by digging themselves a double digit hole.

In the game vs. the Thunder, the Lakers bench outscored the Thunder bench 38-20 and the Lakers lost by 19.

I think I'd put Dion Waiters in the starting lineup in the next game and see if that helps the starters score more. If it does, I'd keep doing it at least until Rondo returns.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron hinted at some kind of off court issue with the team.

I agree the role players need to be better. But LeBron has been pretty bad since the bubble started. If he isn’t Superman the Lakers won’t win.

What he said?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone know where to find gamelogs that actually show if a guy dunks? or shows how many dunks per game

Anyone else think the 76ers will be better without simmons?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Lebron has a sore groin. That would explain some of his slow start. He's also apparently trying to get AD going early.

The problem is, the starting unit needs to start hitting some shots. The Lakers bench has outscored the opponents bench in every game so far.

It seems like the Lakers are starting every game by digging themselves a double digit hole.

In the game vs. the Thunder, the Lakers bench outscored the Thunder bench 38-20 and the Lakers lost by 19.

I think I'd put Dion Waiters in the starting lineup in the next game and see if that helps the starters score more. If it does, I'd keep doing it at least until Rondo returns.

The good thing is Lebron has some time to work that out now...especially with the possible play-in games. Facing Portland imo is the worst possible thing for the Lakers. They will be rooting for Memphis, Phoenix, SA, SAC or Pels.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone know where to find gamelogs that actually show if a guy dunks? or shows how many dunks per game

Anyone else think the 76ers will be better without simmons?

Idk if I necessarily say better but Simmons is just so inconsistent

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good thing is Lebron has some time to work that out now...especially with the possible play-in games. Facing Portland imo is the worst possible thing for the Lakers. They will be rooting for Memphis, Phoenix, SA, SAC or Pels.

Yeah, I'm not too worried right now because...Lebron. lol

One thing I have to admit that Wiggy was right about when Lebron was in Cleveland is "playoff Lebron".

It seemed like almost every season, most of us (myself included) would point to a decline in the overall play of both Lebron and the Cavs towards the end of the season (or them being wildly inconsistent all season) and say "this is the year Father Time gets him", Wiggy would say "he'll turn it on in the playoffs" and every year, that fucker would drag that team, to the finals.

Maybe this is the year that Father Time finally catches up...but he's made me eat too damn much crow for me to say it until it actually happens. lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One thing I have to admit that Wiggy was right about when Lebron was in Cleveland is "playoff Lebron".

It seemed like almost every season, most of us (myself included) would point to a decline in the overall play of both Lebron and the Cavs towards the end of the season (or them being wildly inconsistent all season) and say "this is the year Father Time gets him", Wiggy would say "he'll turn it on in the playoffs" and every year, that fucker would drag that team, to the finals.

Maybe this is the year that Father Time finally catches up...but he's made me eat too damn much crow for me to say it until it actually happens. lol

It helps having the best big man in the league BUT he still needs to be playoff Lebron...maybe not Lebron vs the Warriors but close to that level to take down MIL or LAC. Especially since the depth seems to be lacking...but you just never know once the playoffs come..it's like everyone activates. I've seen this shit a thousand times lol

giphy.gif

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not worried about Lebron or AD showing up in the playoffs. It is the other guys that I'll be concerned about if I'm a Lakers fan. Outside of some solid games by Kuz, most of others looked like ass in the 5 seeding games.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It helps having the best big man in the league BUT he still needs to be playoff Lebron...maybe not Lebron vs the Warriors but close to that level to take down MIL or LAC. Especially since the depth seems to be lacking...but you just never know once the playoffs come..it's like everyone activates. I've seen this shit a thousand times lol

giphy.gif

I would take Cleveland's supporting cast in every year but the last minus the obvious AD> Kyrie discussion

(His second run though lol. Not the 07 Cavs haha)

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If LeBron is healthy is all that really matters vs his age.
The effort he's put into maintaining his body over the years makes him unlike any other at his age.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If LeBron is healthy is all that really matters vs his age.
The effort he's put into maintaining his body over the years makes him unlike any other at his age.

Eventually there is a decline obviously. Even for LeBron.

I don't think this is the year but the league is much deeper imo

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried about Lebron or AD showing up in the playoffs. It is the other guys that I'll be concerned about if I'm a Lakers fan. Outside of some solid games by Kuz, most of others looked like ass in the 5 seeding games.

Waiters has looked good, but he's still getting into shape. But yeah, the other guys have to step up.

Kuz seems to be gaining confidence. Hopefully that will mean more consistency from him. If they can pencil him in consistently for about 16-19 points a game (currently around 12) like the Cavs could with Love and the Heat with Bosh, that will be a big help too.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 165,527.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Im not seeing anything that signing swaggy wouldn’t fix.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow these are the worst bunch of games since this thing started

Minus the last one.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was. Game of two opposite half's.
Heat got real sloppy, lost their rhythm and couldn’t regroup.
Its always next man up, but it really hurt not having Butler, Dragic in that situation, as they would have been primary ball handlers.

How do you expect your Heat to do in the playoffs? I know everything isn't settled yet. But if they end up facing the Pacers do you like that match up?

Or is the playoff seeding all different after the retstart? Not really sure.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 165,527.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you expect your Heat to do in the playoffs? I know everything isn't settled yet. But if they end up facing the Pacers do you like that match up?

Or is the playoff seeding all different after the retstart? Not really sure.

i got them losing to the Thunder in the finals.