• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She didn't mention a break....

My bad then. I just thought since I haven't seen her around lately she took a little break.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,081.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad then. I just thought since I haven't seen her around lately she took a little break.

Arizona's numbers are crazy....she is probably back to work.....

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another player leave for urgent family situation. Am i the only one who think they're lying and just can't handle the bubble?

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm not onboard with this.

Our debates might get testy at times.

But, we police ourselves enough to not let it get out of hand.

Yet, outsiders are allowed to disrupt that because their feelings get hurt when we disagree?

Like, there was a mass culling of my posts and I purposely make sure my non-basketball opinions are not offensive.

I like @gng. But, this was a total bitch move.

Alas, it's not my party.

If I don't want to deal with this fuckery, and I don't, I can just take my ball and go home.

The powers that be, feel free to delete this shit like you did my other 20 posts.

This was her second to last post

After the political thread got nuked

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too.

But pretty clear why an OKC fan would be against super teams and a Miami fan for them.

Heat are as likely as any to be the destination.

it simply can’t be argued that it’s an easier path and therefore it can’t be said it’s not taking the easy way out. The league will have to deal with it at some point.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it simply can’t be argued that it’s an easier path and therefore it can’t be said it’s not taking the easy way out. The league will have to deal with it at some point.

What is the league supposed to do about it?

Take away free agency? Go to a "hard cap"?

Good luck with that.

Bottom line is, some places are always going to be more desirable places to live than others and people with the means to move to those places, are going to.

Not sure what folks are crying about anyway. Over recent years, we've seen your Thunder advance farther in the playoffs than they have since they were the Sonics.

We've seen the Cavs, who never even made the finals, make 4 straight finals and win their first 1.

We've seen a Warriors team that had 1 title in it's history, break the all time single season wins record, make 5 straight finals and win 3.

We saw the Raptors not only make the finals for the first time, but win one.

The Bucks, who have 1 title in their history, are favored to come out of the East.

Meanwhile, the teams that have won the most championships throughout the league...

The Celtics last title was 2008 and they haven't been back to the finals since
they lost to the Lakers in 2010 (put in bold for @Wamu).

The Lakers last title was in 2010 and they haven't been to the playoffs in 7 years.

The Bulls haven't won a title since MJ retired and haven't been a threat except for a couple of years when they couldn't get past the Heat.

Heck, even the Spurs have fallen way off after being a consistent contender for 20 years.

And before the "superstars won't stay" arguments start:

KD stayed with the Sonics/Thunder for 9 years. Westbrook stayed for 11.

Lebron stayed in Cleveland for 7 years, then went back for 4 more.

Steph Curry has stayed with the Warriors for 11 years and Klay has been there 8.

Giannis is in his 7th year in Milwaukee.

And a couple of other "Big City" teams...the Nets haven't won a championship since they were in the ABA and the Knicks, except for a brief time when Riley coached them, haven't been a threat since they had Willis Reed and "Clyde" Frazier.

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good luck with that.

Bottom line is, some places are always going to be more desirable places to live than others and people with the means to move to those places, are going to.

Not sure what folks are crying about anyway. Over recent years, we've seen your Thunder advance farther in the playoffs than they have since they were the Sonics.

We've seen the Cavs, who never even made the finals, make 4 straight titles and win their first 1.

We've seen a Warriors team that had 1 title in it's history, break the all time single season wins record, make 5 straight finals and win 3.

The Bucks, who have 1 title in their history, are favored to come out of the East.

Meanwhile, the teams that have won the most championships throughout the league...

The Lakers last title was in 2010 and they haven't been to the playoffs in 7 years.

The Bulls haven't won a title since MJ retired and haven't been a threat except for a couple of years when they couldn't get past the Heat.

Heck, even the Spurs have fallen way off after being a consistent contender for 20 years.

Steph Curry has stayed with the Warriors for 11 years and Klay has been there 8.

And a couple of other "Big City" teams...the Nets haven't won a championship since they were in the ABA and the Knicks, except for a brief time when Riley coached them, haven't been a threat since they had Willis Reed and "Clyde" Frazier.

The league shouldn’t do anything. Super teams are good for TV ratings.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good luck with that.

We've seen the Cavs, who never even made the finals, make 4 straight titles and win their first 1.

original.jpg

:dhd: