• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seemed like a lot at the time, but I can't put into words how much better it is to watch this year's team over last year's, even when last year's team was humming along. This year's Lakers still have a lot of room for improvement as they learn to play together.

SOME would argue we gave up a king's ransom...

but those guys possess double digit I.Q.'s...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course you don't want to bet against him, you're a Lakers fan :D

lol

I quit betting against him about 3 years ago. Got tired of talking about his "obvious decline" only to see him turn his game up for the playoffs and making me eat my words.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Late 1st rounders and some prospects that might end up JAGs for a once in a generation type (although this generation has at least AD and Giannis, lol).
Hoping Zinger picks up where he left off.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Late 1st rounders and some prospects that might end up JAGs for a once in a generation type (although this generation has at least AD and Giannis, lol).
Lakers seem to have made out very nicely, but I'd at least wait and see what those picks become and how NO looks when they are all playing.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know he likes to take it easy in the regular season (he couldn't do that on the Cavs that last year), we are seeing early his numbers take a dip, that isn't by coincidence. But you will also see him turn it on when the Lakers need it and AD is on the bench. He could care less about numbers anymore or recognition really...he wanted to hand the team over to Kyrie, Kyrie didn't have the balls to take it over..so now he is handing this LA team over to AD. At this point it's about championships and championships only. You better believe he wants to get to six.

Exactly.

Yes, he's going to be 35 soon and has even more miles on his body than Kobe did. But he also spends something like a million a year just taking care of his body.

He's already won all of the individual awards that he cares to. It's about his legacy now and the only thing that will help him is more rings.

So, I think he's just looking to get titles and prepare for life after basketball and is perfectly happy to let others collect the regular season awards.

Heck, he may be trying to see if he can help AD get the MVP.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers seem to have made out very nicely, but I'd at least wait and see what those picks become and how NO looks when they are all playing.

They'll look like a team that continues to be too young every year as they add more draft picks at the expense of veterans would be my guess, which then will have tough decisions about who to extend each year. Tough to be a team like New Orleans that couldn't draw that next star to keep AD there. Even if the proposed trade value is 8 quarters for a dollar, that's still 8 roster spots filled with quarters, right?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll look like a team that continues to be too young every year as they add more draft picks at the expense of veterans would be my guess, which then will have tough decisions about who to extend each year. Tough to be a team like New Orleans that couldn't draw that next star to keep AD there. Even if the proposed trade value is 8 quarters for a dollar, that's still 8 roster spots filled with quarters, right?
don't get me wrong...I don't have a lot of faith it works out how they want. Remember, I am one of the few who doesn't think Griff is anything special.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does own you though. Have you ever not replied to a post?

ok, go with YOUR belief...

mine is i'm having fun with the arrogant prick....

you'd begrudge me of that...?

'sides, he's doing a superlative job of responding himself...

not MY fault the fool doesn't know when to shut up...:dhd:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @dtgold88 still waiting on you showing the post where "Tried to say a Cavs' fan does not know about success. To a Hawk fan."

Given that you're such a stickler for these sorts of things I didn't want you to miss out on the opportunity to prove me wrong.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, go with YOUR belief...

mine is i'm having fun with the arrogant prick....

you'd begrudge me of that...?

'sides, he's doing a superlative job of responding himself...

not MY fault the fool doesn't know when to shut up...:dhd:

guess "ownership" is in the eye of the beholder...