• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@DJ

Grilled split chicken breast and macaroni salad (fuck potato salad!) for lunch. Haven't decided on dinner yet.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When push comes to shove, with the number of people pointing out that they could actually have a bigger impact by playing, I'll be surprised if many guys sit out. Especially the role player type guys.

Superstars, are the ones who can actually afford to not play and ultimately, I don't think any of them want to be the only star or 1 of only a couple that sat out.

As much as I got a kick out of Pat Bev's tweet, he's right. If Lebron is playing, and it looks like he is, then other stars will follow suit.

Agree with your post #22924 though, if there's a star player who is quirky enough to sit out, it's Kawhi...although I'd still be surprised if he actually did.

The role player guys, in a lot of cases, can't afford to sit out the season.

Dwight will be an interesting case. Because of the money he's been paid from when he was a superstar, he's a role player level guy who could afford to sit out the season. Especially if he's at least been a little bit smart with his money.

I'd be a little surprised if he does though. Especially if it looks like he'll be the only one or only one of a few guys.

I really hope nobody from the top contenders choose to sit, or get forced to sit because of infection, snitch line, or any other reason.

If a bunch of Nets choose not to enter the bubble, so be it.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Kyrie will be fine"

No he won't. He has a screw loose. He ain't right.

Ok. Fine might be a bit of an exaggeration. He has made enough money where he doesn’t need to play, and he is talented enough that people will still pay him.

Now his next contract though? Would not be shocking to see him get the AI/Melo treatment if he is still in the NBA at that point. There will come a time when his skills diminish a little and teams may not want to take him on.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. Fine might be a bit of an exaggeration. He has made enough money where he doesn’t need to play, and he is talented enough that people will still pay him.

Now his next contract though? Would not be shocking to see him get the AI/Melo treatment if he is still in the NBA at that point. There will come a time when his skills diminish a little and teams may not want to take him on.

He's a damn good player no doubt about that. But you have to wonder where his head is on a far too often basis. Had issues in Cleveland. Got to Boston, was happy to be there. Then had issues. I see no reason why his time in Brooklyn will end differently. His next contract? A team will have decide if they want to put up with him.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a damn good player no doubt about that. But you have to wonder where his head is on a far too often basis. Had issues in Cleveland. Got to Boston, was happy to be there. Then had issues. I see no reason why his time in Brooklyn will end differently. His next contract? A team will have decide if they want to put up with him.

I agree.

Easy to put up with a guy when he is a game changing talent.

Like when AI could get a roster spot, it wasn’t because he wasn’t good enough to be an NBA player. It was because he wasn’t good enough to be a star and teams were concerned he would not accept a lesser role. Just like Melo.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

Easy to put up with a guy when he is a game changing talent.

Like when AI could get a roster spot, it wasn’t because he wasn’t good enough to be an NBA player. It was because he wasn’t good enough to be a star and teams were concerned he would not accept a lesser role. Just like Melo.

AI and Melo are great examples. For the Nets dynamic duo. When talking about Kyrie it should be mentioned he's never won a single playoff series as a teams main option. KD's playoff resume is great obviously. But I still don't think they'll lead the Nets to a title.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 153,021.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AI and Melo are great examples. For the Nets dynamic duo. When talking about Kyrie it should be mentioned he's never won a single playoff series as a teams main option. KD's playoff resume is great obviously. But I still don't think they'll lead the Nets to a title.

I’m pretty condiment in saying that trying to combine 2 brains like these guys have has never been tried.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m pretty condiment in saying that trying to combine 2 brains like these guys have has never been tried.

If they were able to do it, I'd relish it.

I'll see myself out.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 153,021.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn autospell, and the resulting autospell police

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrick should consider eliminating the 3 point shot from his game. He's only a career .304 shooter from downtown. Shot .254 this season. His career high for 3 pt. % in a season is only .343. Not good.
That's they idea it seems