• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow this is hilarious...they decided to do no research on how to spell this unknown prospect's name.

16. Boston Celtics – Giannis Adetokunbo, SF

6’9”, 205lbs, Greece

The Player: Giannis Adetokunbo could be the most interesting player in this entire draft class. At 6’9″ with great length he has perfect size and mobility to play the small forward position, but he mixes his great physical tools with a unique skillset for a man his size. Adetokunbo is more than capable of handling the ball and is a gifted passer for a forward, which will raise some question marks over how to play him in the NBA. Besides his versatility offensively, he has outstanding potential as a defender with his mobility, length and willingness to exert himself on the defensive end. Extremely raw, it could take him years to develop but he has one of the highest potential upsides of anyone in the draft.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was looking at mock drafts from the 2011 NBA Draft for shits and gigs. Here is one from Walter Football...

1. Kyrie Irving - Cavs
2. Derrick Williams - Twolves
3. Enes Kanter - Jazz
4. Jonas Valanciunas - Cavs
5. Brandon Knight - Raptors
6. Jan Vesely - Wizards
7. Bismack Biyombo - Bobcats
8. Tristan Thompson - Pistons
9. Klay Thompson - Bobcats
10. Jimmer Fredette - Kings
11. Kawhi Leonard - Warriors
12 Kemba Walker - Jazz

Top 3 are the same but could you imagine Kawhi and Steph...I mean Steph and Klay ain't bad but also wonder if Kawhi develops into the player he is now if he wasn't drafted by the Spurs. Klay goes to the Bobcats and has to carry a franchise like Kemba tried to do. Kemba goes to Utah.

Thanks for reminding me that the Wizards passed on Kawhi, Klay Kemba and more to draft Jan Veseley.

Only the Wizards folks!

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To live in the mind of Paul Pierce:

Paul Pierce >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> MJ >>>>>>>>>>> Kobe >>>>>>>>>>>>> Kyrie >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Barkley >>>>>>>>>>>>> Brian Scalabrine >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lebron

Off the top of my head I recall Paul Pierce saying he was a better shooter than Klay Thompson and he's a better player than Dwyane Wade.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off the top of my head I recall Paul Pierce saying he was a better shooter than Klay Thompson and he's a better player than Dwyane Wade.

He's like Lavar Ball. God help us if he has sons that play.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for reminding me that the Wizards passed on Kawhi, Klay Kemba and more to draft Jan Veseley.

Only the Wizards folks!

Reminds me of the mid-late 90's run the Warriors had with their lottery picks.

95: Warrior take Joe Smith. Rasheed Wallace, Jerry Stackhouse, Antonio Mcdyess and Kevin Garnett all the next 4 picks after him.

96: Warriors take Todd Fuller. Kobe, Peja, Nash and Jermaine O'Neal all drafted immediately after him.

97: Warriors take Adonal Foyle. Next pick was Tracy McGrady.

98: Warriors draft Vince Carter. Then trade him for Antawn Jamison (who in his own right has 20K points in the league to be fair, but still it was VC). Dirk and Paul Pierce drafted after them both.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Draymond, but easily you put Rick Barry on the Warriors squad and KD at the 4.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors will have a couple 2nd round draft picks this year. Couple of guys:

Reminds me a little of a cross between Stephen Jackson and Rudy Gay

Has great touch around the rim. Think he could be a nice P&R guy in the NBA.

Draft and stash/G League potential guy. Looks like he's a year or two away from being NBA ready though.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reminds me of the mid-late 90's run the Warriors had with their lottery picks.

95: Warrior take Joe Smith. Rasheed Wallace, Jerry Stackhouse, Antonio Mcdyess and Kevin Garnett all the next 4 picks after him.

96: Warriors take Todd Fuller. Kobe, Peja, Nash and Jermaine O'Neal all drafted immediately after him.

97: Warriors take Adonal Foyle. Next pick was Tracy McGrady.

98: Warriors draft Vince Carter. Then trade him for Antawn Jamison (who in his own right has 20K points in the league to be fair, but still it was VC). Dirk and Paul Pierce drafted after them both.

So you are saying they could have trotted out a lineup like:

PG - McGrady
SG - Vincanity
SF - Kobe/Peja
PF - Rasheed/KG
C - who cares

:skip:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Draft and stash/G League potential guy. Looks like he's a year or two away from being NBA ready though.

Gotta build that D-league depth so they can get another top 5 pick next year

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are saying they could have trotted out a lineup like:

PG - McGrady
SG - Vincanity
SF - Kobe/Peja
PF - Rasheed/KG
C - who cares

:skip:

More like:

PG:
SG: Kobe
SF: McGrady
PF: KG
C: Dirk

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More like:

PG:
SG: Kobe
SF: McGrady
PF: KG
C: Dirk

Ohh yeah Dirk 98, just saw that. That's 3 top 15-20 players of all-time and if you add in all they had to choose from in those 4 years, that's like 7 HOF's or future HOF's and 10 high impact AS's. Yikes.

But if you were stuck in the gutter that would hurt a lot more...now it's just a scratch.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

they arent Patrick McCaw thats for certain. ;)

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grant also addressed one of the pettiest stories in the documentary: When Jordan told flight attendants not to serve Grant food on an airplane after a loss.

"Anybody [who] knows me, as a rookie, if anybody comes up and tries to snatch my food away, I'm going to do my best to beat their ass," Grant said. "And believe me, back then, I could have took MJ in a heartbeat. Yes, it's true that he told the flight attendant, 'Well, don't give him anything because he played like crap.' And I went right back at him. I said some choice words that I won't repeat here. But I said some choice words and stood up. 'If you want it, you come and get it.' And of course, he didn't move. He was just barking. But that was the story.”

The big man proceeded to launch a handful of hypotheticals, saying that he would’ve whipped Jordan’s ass if he stole his food, and that MJ’s six championships would’ve ceased to exist entirely had he done so. Note to self: Horace Grant is a walking Snickers commercial, and his food should not be fucked with at all costs.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they arent Patrick McCaw thats for certain. ;)

Fun fact: Patrick McCaw and Lebron James have the same amount of Rings, in 33% of the amount of finals appearances as Lebron.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun fact: Patrick McCaw and Lebron James have the same amount of Rings, in 33% of the amount of finals appearances as Lebron.

Raptors v. Lakers Finals this year. McCaw with the buzzer beater in Game 7 to pull ahead of King James in rings.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And with .0000033% of the minutes played as LeBron. McCaw the most efficient player in history.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow this is hilarious...they decided to do no research on how to spell this unknown prospect's name.

16. Boston Celtics – Giannis Adetokunbo, SF

6’9”, 205lbs, Greece

The Player: Giannis Adetokunbo could be the most interesting player in this entire draft class. At 6’9″ with great length he has perfect size and mobility to play the small forward position, but he mixes his great physical tools with a unique skillset for a man his size. Adetokunbo is more than capable of handling the ball and is a gifted passer for a forward, which will raise some question marks over how to play him in the NBA. Besides his versatility offensively, he has outstanding potential as a defender with his mobility, length and willingness to exert himself on the defensive end. Extremely raw, it could take him years to develop but he has one of the highest potential upsides of anyone in the draft.

It's actually the more authentic Yoruba spelling. I just read an article where Olajuwon says that he and Giannis are both Yoruba.