• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean I hate myself for saying this but I wouldn't mind the Cavs taking him at this point. There isn't a clear cut guy that is standing out as the #1 pick. Now, that being said....the roster will have to change in the future most likely. LaMelo seems to have good vision, a pretty nifty passer. He has potential to be a nice 3 point shooter...consistency is the issue but he is still very very young. I could see Garland at the 1, KPJ at the 2, LaMelo at the 3, if the Cavs were to take him...Sexton, doesn't really fit into the plan imo.

In all honesty, they aren’t keeping Sexton and Garland long term anyway.

Have to take best player available. If that is Ball, then you take him.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty, they aren’t keeping Sexton and Garland long term anyway.

Have to take best player available. If that is Ball, then you take him.

Yep, hopefully Sexton can continue to help his trade value. But I really have no clue who the true #1 pick...kinda seems like the 2013 draft all over again. Please, no Anthony Bennett :pray:

Honestly, I would pick Toppin (for the Cavs) but what do I know

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, hopefully Sexton can continue to help his trade value. But I really have no clue who the true #1 pick...kinda seems like the 2013 draft all over again. Please, no Anthony Bennett :pray:

Honestly, I would pick Toppin (for the Cavs) but what do I know

I think there are some good players here.

Not sure I see any franchise type players, but I wouldn’t be surprised if a couple of these guys are playing in all star games in a few years.

Just hard to peg who those guys are going to be.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when? July?

i cant imagine how awful it will be after a layoff that will prob be 3+ months- almost as long as regular NBA offseason.
Don't worry about it.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when? July?

i cant imagine how awful it will be after a layoff that will prob be 3+ months- almost as long as regular NBA offseason.

Probably. But if the Warriors were in the playoffs or in contention I'd be interested as hell. As they are not, I'm more interested in the draft, lol. I'm having flashbacks to the Cohan era Warriors.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is who I want the Warriors to take. I hope that they can trade back a few spots and pick up some assets in return.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is who I want the Warriors to take. I hope that they can trade back a few spots and pick up some assets in return.

I'm not so sure this is the draft a team would want to trade up but who knows.

That specific player seems like a fit move for the W's. I wouldn't want the Cavs to take him but for the Warriors...it makes sense.

This is who I want the Cavs to take and I would take him #1 overall

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what the hype is about Onyeka Okongwu. He is a post player that has some decent moves but he dunks and plays defense. If the Cavs were to pick him...I would give up.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure this is the draft a team would want to trade up but who knows.

That specific player seems like a fit move for the W's. I wouldn't want the Cavs to take him but for the Warriors...it makes sense.

This is who I want the Cavs to take and I would take him #1 overall

I like Toppin too. Looks like Amare 2.0.

The other players in the draft have upside, but don't really fit the Warriors style. Lamelo is nice, but his lack of shooting might make him a taller verison of Ricky Rubio. Edwards could be the next Wiggins. Looks terrible on defense and poor shot selection.

Wiseman is the biggest wildcard in this draft. Could be great, could be a bust. Honestly just don't know.

I think Avdija's game is pretty well rounded. He has a little Luka in him, without the high end scoring ability. Does a little bit of everything pretty well.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Toppin too. Looks like Amare 2.0.

The other players in the draft have upside, but don't really fit the Warriors style. Lamelo is nice, but his lack of shooting might make him a taller verison of Ricky Rubio. Edwards could be the next Wiggins. Looks terrible on defense and poor shot selection.

Wiseman is the biggest wildcard in this draft. Could be great, could be a bust. Honestly just don't know.

I think Avdija's game is pretty well rounded. He has a little Luka in him, without the high end scoring ability. Does a little bit of everything pretty well.

Yeah a lot of question marks on these top guys. Could be another case of some guy emerging in the teens and becomes a star like Giannis did in '13. McCollum was drafted at 10 in that draft as well so it just seems like one of those drafts.

I could see Cole Anthony, who seems to keep dropping, emerge. Looks like he is projected around 10 right now.

I think LaMelo is an interesting prospect though, like I said yesterday...he keeps growing. He can finish with both hands, he has good vision and some quickness. That jumpshot is just not consistent but he isn't shy taking shots.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Covid really hosed the Pistons. They were a lock to drop to the top four. Feels like those four are clear leaders.

I'm intrigued by this Israeli dude though

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah a lot of question marks on these top guys. Could be another case of some guy emerging in the teens and becomes a star like Giannis did in '13. McCollum was drafted at 10 in that draft as well so it just seems like one of those drafts.

I could see Cole Anthony, who seems to keep dropping, emerge. Looks like he is projected around 10 right now.

I think LaMelo is an interesting prospect though, like I said yesterday...he keeps growing. He can finish with both hands, he has good vision and some quickness. That jumpshot is just not consistent but he isn't shy taking shots.

Yeah for sure.

Other intriguing names for me is Jaden McDaniels, Daniel Oturu and Aaron Nesmith.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I watched UNC quite a bit this year.

Anthony is really talented, but he just doesn’t seem to have very good feel. He might figure it out eventually, but I am going to bet against him being more than what his dad was.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean I hate myself for saying this but I wouldn't mind the Cavs taking him at this point. There isn't a clear cut guy that is standing out as the #1 pick. Now, that being said....the roster will have to change in the future most likely. LaMelo seems to have good vision, a pretty nifty passer. He has potential to be a nice 3 point shooter...consistency is the issue but he is still very very young. I could see Garland at the 1, KPJ at the 2, LaMelo at the 3, if the Cavs were to take him...Sexton, doesn't really fit into the plan imo.
Certainly possible, but not sure what you've seen so far that makes to seem so sure Garland is better than sexton.

That said, as far as Cavs are concerned, they just need to take BPA and agree if it's LeMelo so be it. That said, unless they see him as elite and much better than what they have they probably need to avoid an undersized guard.