• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Quest for the cup(The Carter Hart era begins)

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could definitely fit Kovalchuk into our cap. What do you think it would cost us to get him?
Well the fact he's heated up in Montreal doesn't help lol. I still think maybe a 2nd Rd pick. Not much more than that.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be open to adding Carter. In terms of assets to acquire him, i'm not sure he'd cost that much. He's not producing like has in the past, and the 5M hit for the rest of this year and next year will scare a lot of teams away.

But, that 5M is the problem for the Flyers too. Not just this year, but next year as well. He's the perfect fit for this years team. Can play center if Patrick never really gets back. Or can play wing if Patrick does come back. But next year, where does he really fit? 5M is a lot for a 36 year old that you don't have a perfect fit for.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the fact he's heated up in Montreal doesn't help lol. I still think maybe a 2nd Rd pick. Not much more than that.

I actually think Kovalchuk gets a pretty big return. He's lighting it up right now, but more importantly, he's cheap. He might only be truly worth a 2nd round pick, but the fact that everyone can fit him in will boost the return Montreal would get for him. Bidding wars and all that.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think Kovalchuk gets a pretty big return. He's lighting it up right now, but more importantly, he's cheap. He might only be truly worth a 2nd round pick, but the fact that everyone can fit him in will boost the return Montreal would get for him. Bidding wars and all that.
What's your bid on him? He would just be a rental so....

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be open to adding Carter. In terms of assets to acquire him, i'm not sure he'd cost that much. He's not producing like has in the past, and the 5M hit for the rest of this year and next year will scare a lot of teams away.

But, that 5M is the problem for the Flyers too. Not just this year, but next year as well. He's the perfect fit for this years team. Can play center if Patrick never really gets back. Or can play wing if Patrick does come back. But next year, where does he really fit? 5M is a lot for a 36 year old that you don't have a perfect fit for.
The problem with adding him this season is that someone from the team has to go the other way. i want everyone who has contributed this season to stay

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about we send your buddy Vorobyev for Kovelchuk straight up.

We need to fill our holes specifically to win the East if we’re to have a shot at the Cup. So that means we have to be able to beat TB and/or PIT and/or WAS and/or BOS. Does the same player or players help across all four of these opponents ? Might be too hard of a question to answer. We talked early season about our team needing an identity. Do we have one now ? We’re winning so that’s a good thing.

so what is our identity, what do we do to exploit it to the max, and what players do we need to accomplish this ?

In the past this board has talked about needing a pure scorer - a sniper. IMHO I think the biggest improvement is the two way play of some of our forwards (cough cough not Teapot). So should we be focused on improving down the middle with two way studs ?

I think our D-men are good enough to take us far. Just maybe some maturing.

I have no answer, just know that to get to the cup this year we’d likely have to beat TB. What will it take to do that. - they’re Effin’ good.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we need forward depth plain and simple. We will have injuries and need to fill the holes as we go.

Gotta send a shot in the arm to the team as well.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we need forward depth plain and simple. We will have injuries and need to fill the holes as we go.

Gotta send a shot in the arm to the team as well.

Ghost and Teapot for ....... ?

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is everyone???

Elliott in goal tonight.
Was wondering same...... but also buried at work...

I'm going with the Hayes-n-ator tonight for first goal